How useful are the massage chairs at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Went with a friend ONE TIME.... LMAO at the "LUNK ALARM" Didnt know about the massage chairs or I might have grabbed a double mocha frappacino with extra whipped cream and added PF to one of my "people watching" places....next.. they'll offer mani/pedis...
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a sit while I wait for the tanners.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I question how they can claim to have a relaxation area when they do not serve alcohol.
    I approve of this message.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Salt caves?
    I'd get kicked out for licking the walls.

• dbmata
    Options
    Is it less a spa, more a mine?
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an anti-PF rant to me. I thought the tanning beds were the only good thing at PF. Gym and tanning goes together like peanut butter and fluff. But I guess it's not for everyone. As for the massage chairs... I've used it but was not entirely impressed. I've sat in much nicer massage chairs while getting a pedicure. All in all, canceling my PF membership was the smartest thing I've done this year.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’m no fan of PF, but...

Technically, if it helps relieve stress, then it does bring some health value. Cortisol is catabolic and can wreck an otherwise good program. Not to mention that some folks are stress eaters.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Heh, I think there is Lunk Pride among some here. I hear the lunks talking in the radio commercials for PF and I have to admit I picture a couple of the frequent posters here. ;)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Salt caves?

Teach me.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my pizza on the massage chair. PF used to have those funky hand chairs till some one sat on it wrong and broke it. I feel that I get a great workout and deserve a treat after a hard workout on the elliptical. I keep my workouts under 20 minutes to not hog the machine and then chit chat with the nice folks. I'm really not sure what all this hate is about. Some of you guys seem like you are not really into reasonable fitness and are some sort of fanatics.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I’m no fan of PF, but...

Technically, if it helps relieve stress, then it does bring some health value. Cortisol is catabolic and can wreck an otherwise good program. Not to mention that some folks are stress eaters.

What if I just take an AI and cortisol inhibitor?
  • dbmata
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Salt caves?

Teach me.
    Don't they sound delicious?
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    PF. The gym for people who don't want to get fit.

Actually, Planet Fitness is a great gym for people who are dedicated to getting healthier, just like any gym or fitness program. I personally love Planet Fitness and can be found there a good 5 days a week. If you're a body builder it probably isn't a place for you, though. Granted, some of the people who go spend more time standing around talking, eating or texting then working out. There are a good number of people who are there for weight loss and fitness. It's not the only gym in my town but it is the largest and cheapest. It has more equipment then even the smaller, more expensive gyms. It even has more free weights to be used.

I rarely use the "relaxation zone" simply because it does me no good. I don't go to the gym to relax, I go to work out and get sweaty. The chairs have never helped me with tense or sore muscles, either. Ours has hydromassage beds and normal massage chairs and they are both good if you just feel like relaxing, nothing to do with a work out. When we joined they explained the black card room to us as "a place to go after a hard day at work" and not a place to go after a work out. If I don't have to get home to cook dinner or take care of something I enjoy spending some time in there. There are a ton of people who get on an elliptical for five minutes then go in there huffing and puffing. I refuse to tan, though. I prefer pale and healthy.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Salt caves?

It's not my regular gym, but a place I go for treat. I tend to work out while I am there, then relax. I do skip the naked pool though. lol

spaworldusa.com/
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure why you’d take something rather than use natural remedies. A good massage is an awesome gift you can give yourself to improve your health.