Straight Caffeine Pills - Experience or opinions on them?

I noticed the other day in my local grocer's vitamin aisle pure caffeine pills amongst all the other vits. Considering purchasing them for when an extra pick-me-up is needed. Anyone have experience with them? Effective? Too jittery?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Unsustainable. Fix your sleeping habits.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I use them for lifting, ignore the cat, cat's don't know about such things, all they do is sleep and drool on catnip.

The pills are cleaner than coffee intake, and easier to find an effective dose.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Jittery yes. Headache crash. Not good drink coffee :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Lol my sleeping habits are pretty good. I'm just very active person with 2 kids, pets and a fitness related job (I teach high intensity classes and am a personal trainer) so between all that and my own training, and remodeling my home diy on weekends I'm a bit drained even with 8 hours sleep. Plus coffee makes me poop. Ha!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So- the take away is that pooping is bad??
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    I've used them (for driving long distances, stay up to study back in the day, stay awake at work when I had sleepless nights when the kids were young). I never had any side effects. It impacted me the same way as drinking caffeinated soda did.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Wait why don't you want to poop? There's a thread going right now that seems to have a lot of information about how to never poop again.

Personally, I'd rather drink my caffeine like I drink my men, strong and black. Wait...
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    My brother used to use them but doesn't any more. I wonder if maybe you spent 2 weeks cutting back on coffee if that would start working for you again (when you then go and up your coffee again).
  • JoRocka
    I'm still trying to figure out why pooping is bad?

I love pooping- it means I ate well and I'm not dead- or impacted.

I mean- those are good things.

well- I can't speak for being dead- I have never been dead- could be awesome- but I know being impacted is not good. And sucks. So - I'll take pooping over the two alternatives.
  • sofaking6
    I am firmly pro-poop.
  • mawkishstoic
    mawkishstoic Posts: 14 Member
    I take 100mg caffeine pills fairly regularly. Usually on workdays right after lunch so I don't get those afternoon sleepies.

Been doing this for years. My sleep is fine. I don't get jittery. 100mg of caffeine is like a small to medium size cup of coffee.

Individual results may vary, but for me, they're great.
  • JoRocka
    Pro-Poop at work is even better- nothing better than getting paid to poop.

• sofaking6
    JoRocka wrote: »
    There is a woman I have nicknamed TMS - The Mad S****r. Every morning at 8am sharp she takes over the 2-staller near my desk until 8:30am sharp. And then nobody else can go in for another 15 min or so. I'm not a hater but I feel like she's taking advantage.

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    IN for pooping!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I take 100mg caffeine pills fairly regularly. Usually on workdays right after lunch so I don't get those afternoon sleepies.

Been doing this for years. My sleep is fine. I don't get jittery. 100mg of caffeine is like a small to medium size cup of coffee.

Individual results may vary, but for me, they're great.

Try harder.

I take 600mg prior to a workout.
  • JoRocka
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    There is a woman I have nicknamed TMS - The Mad S****r. Every morning at 8am sharp she takes over the 2-staller near my desk until 8:30am sharp. And then nobody else can go in for another 15 min or so. I'm not a hater but I feel like she's taking advantage.

That's hysterical. She's got a system.

it's clearly working for her. Least you KNOW what's happening and how to avoid it.

Although honestly- I've never understood the 30 min business- when I have to go- I have to go- I'm done. quickly. - It's not even a 5 min process.... I feel like you need more fat in your life if it's taking more than 10 min.

Otherwise- you're just stalling.
  • sofaking6
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wait why don't you want to poop? There's a thread going right now that seems to have a lot of information about how to never poop again.

Personally, I'd rather drink my caffeine like I drink my men, strong and black. Wait...

That's racist

You're right, I'm sorry.

Everyone poops.

• sofaking6

That's hysterical. She's got a system.

it's clearly working for her. Least you KNOW what's happening and how to avoid it.

Although honestly- I've never understood the 30 min business- when I have to go- I have to go- I'm done. quickly. - It's not even a 5 min process.... I feel like you need more fat in your life if it's taking more than 10 min.

Otherwise- you're just stalling.

AKA Facebooking
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

That's racist

You're right, I'm sorry.

Everyone poops.

I think the previous poster never saw the movie "Airplane".