What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options
This may sound strange, but I am OBSESSED with shredded green and red cabbage tossed with stevia, cinnamon, cocoa powder and crumbled goat cheese... Weird, I know.

I also love dried seaweed (nori) spread with peanut butter...

What are some of YOUR strangest food combos?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ok yes that sounds weird LOL.

Hmm fries and mayo? Maybe the weirdest one for me is something I loved as a kid and still do, rice with sugar and milk...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sweet n sour gherkins dipped in peanut butter. Awesome deliciousness.
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Dill Pickle, and Sriracha sandwiches.... They are amazing and all my friends who have ventured to try have agreed. It shouldn't taste as good as it does. I don't know why the combination works.
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    - Wow... I'm gonna have to try that, I didn't see this before I posted Pickles'N'PeanutButter for the win!

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    - Wow... I'm gonna have to try that, I didn't see this before I posted Pickles'N'PeanutButter for the win!

Do it! Lol you'll never go back :#

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Instant white rice mixed with cottage cheese (something about the hot/cold)...
    Mac and cheese mixed with fried bologna, corn, and ketchup...
    Popcorn with marshmallow fluff...
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    Instant white rice mixed with cottage cheese (something about the hot/cold)...
    Mac and cheese mixed with fried bologna, corn, and ketchup...
    Popcorn with marshmallow fluff...

the popcorn with marshmallow fluff sounds like an interesting combo! I agree with the hot/cold thing too... Love the mouth feel.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i always put barbecue sauce on mac and cheese! can't eat it without it anymore...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    oil-cured olives and greek yogurt.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I used to buy fresh kale for an emergency snack and just eat it plain -yuck. I found that adding some fresh cucumber really made it a lot more palatable.

I put goat cheese on my steak today, that was yum!! I think goat cheese will be my new thing to put on everything.
  • Sylvain_Leroux
    Sylvain_Leroux Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    PB & Cheese Whiz on a toast !
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Bananas and mayo yum!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Do it! Lol you'll never go back :#

when I was a kid I used to make ketchup sandwiches. Just bread and, well, ketchup. so much so they called my parents from summer camp to see if it was OK. Pickles and peanut butter trump that. You would definitely be sent home from summer camp :)
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dipping popcorn in lemon juice! yum
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    i always put barbecue sauce on mac and cheese! can't eat it without it anymore...

Now I have to try this!!

The weird thing I grew up on was hot dogs cut up in B&M baked beans, with cottage cheese. I still <3 that crap.

The other day someone posted about cottage cheese with Banquet pot pies. Now with franks and beans. Is there a secret cottage cheese sub culture I've been sheltered from?
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    One of my uncles used to eat Fritos in milk, with a spoon, like cereal. My MIL liked cold hot dogs dipped in sugar.

I'm a pickle and peanut butter gal too. Used to just do dill pickles and PB sandwiches but now I like spicy B&B pickles with PB on toast also.

Banana and PB sandwiches are probably nothing uncommon, right? Oh one more I thought of that I do now and then is sliced radishes on buttered bread.

I use vanilla coffee creamer in hot cereal and yogurt in cold cereal instead of milk most of the time.

55835802.png
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Doritos(the cheesy kind) with lemon juice squeezed on them
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like my salad with vinegar and truvia as the dressing. Also, I like to put chili powder on my french toast.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1. Strawberries with balsamic vinegar and basil. I know that's a dessert staple but it was weird to me when I first was exposed to it.
    2. I add carrots to my oats. I also add cinnamon, sweetener, sultanas and walnuts so it's like a carrot cake but people just balk at the carrots.
    3. Eggs scrambled with almond butter and a bit of stevia. People like French toast but not sweet eggs. Go figure.