What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options

Replies

• thejoshperson
    Options
    1. Strawberries with balsamic vinegar and basil. I know that's a dessert staple but it was weird to me when I first was exposed to it.
    2. I add carrots to my oats. I also add cinnamon, sweetener, sultanas and walnuts so it's like a carrot cake but people just balk at the carrots.
    3. Eggs scrambled with almond butter and a bit of stevia. People like French toast but not sweet eggs. Go figure.

I love sweet eggs! Milk toast is also good :blush:

(cinnamon raisin toast spread with a bit of butter and soaked in almond milk ad topped with honey) yummmm
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    So it's super filling and tastier than it sounds. You take a baked potato and you top it with tuna, corn, and like a table spoon of sour cream and it's delicious.
  • craigsward1
    craigsward1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my favorite comfort food is elbow macaroni and shells, in warm light butter milk with scrambled eggs and canned red sockeye salmon all mixed together.... We all refer to it as "The Gross Noodle Stuff".
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pouring syrup over steak or chicken.

Syrup over most things really.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    2. I add carrots to my oats. I also add cinnamon, sweetener, sultanas and walnuts so it's like a carrot cake but people just balk at the carrots.

I love carrot cake oatmeal - sometimes I add a little apple as well. I think I might have that for breakfast tomorrow!

Peanut butter and shredded carrot sandwich (on toast so the p-nut butter gets all melty)

Grilled applesauce sandwich - just like grilled cheese, but with applesauce and a little cinnamon.

I don't eat it anymore, but when we were kids we loved it when we got cream cheese and grape jelly sandwiches in our lunchboxes.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I love carrot cake oatmeal - sometimes I add a little apple as well. I think I might have that for breakfast tomorrow!

I AM SO HAPPY TO FIND ANOTHER CARROT OAT LOVER

• thejoshperson
    Options

i do that too.. haha
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Rice topped with ranch and shredded cheese (not so calorie friendly).
    Baked bean sandwiches.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Dill Pickle, and Sriracha sandwiches.... They are amazing and all my friends who have ventured to try have agreed. It shouldn't taste as good as it does. I don't know why the combination works.

I haven't thought of Sriracha!!! I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I'm thinking I'll make one right now!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I used to put ketchup on plain white rice. I thought it was the best as a kid.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    I used to put ketchup on plain white rice. I thought it was the best as a kid.

i used to mix rice and bbq sauce lol
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    [/quote]I haven't thought of Sriracha!!! I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I'm thinking I'll make one right now![/quote]

You will not regret it!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options

Well it is one of the major food groups... candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    A bag of Cheetos in a bowl of Raman noodles ... I know that's not weird, that's mandatory.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free hot cocoa with stevia, a pinch salt and a sprinkle of cayenne. The cayenne masks the flavor of stevia.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Sweet n sour gherkins dipped in peanut butter. Awesome deliciousness.
    - Wow... I'm gonna have to try that, I didn't see this before I posted Pickles'N'PeanutButter for the win!

Do it! Lol you'll never go back :#

when I was a kid I used to make ketchup sandwiches. Just bread and, well, ketchup. so much so they called my parents from summer camp to see if it was OK. Pickles and peanut butter trump that. You would definitely be sent home from summer camp :)

I used to do this too. Cheap white bread and lots of ketchup!

Also, my fave way to eat spaghetti and meat sauce growing up was eating it on buttered bread, in a half-sandwich (the bread used taco shell style, folded over). Drove my mom nuts.

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Rice with cherry pie filling over the top. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    May not be weird where I live, but some of my online friends thought it was peculiar that we never have greek yogurt sweetened, and that we use it as a sandwich spread, a sandwich of only bread, plain full fat greek yogurt, tomato slices, and probably some mint leaves.

Things I would never combine:
    Not a single granule of sugar in marinara sauce or salad dressings (unless it's a coleslaw)
    Gravy on mashed potatoes ruins the simplicity of mashed potatoes taste.

My personal weird stuff:
    Making oatmeal in tea rather than water. My personal favorite is chai tea.
    Banana sandwich. Just a banana with a drizzle of honey in a pita pocket.
    Dill pickles in soup
    Steamed rice + yogurt, no other additions
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like weird sandwich combinations.
    Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam.
    Cheddar cheese and peanut butter.
    Chocolate spread and jalapeno. Mmmmm!
  • K8Y88
    K8Y88 Posts: 48
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter.. Not that weird but everyone pulls a face when they see me eating it lol