5'8" Woman and Curious About Other 5'8" Women

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    5'8 I've dropped 42lbs to currently 171lbs and a UK 10-12 (US 6-8)..my bodyfat % is 25.5

I'm dropping 6lbs more maximum and want to see a bodyfat of 24 minimum because I like strong but soft

I think my body looks great at this weight personally

And am slightly stunned so many others are aiming so low
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly taller at 5'9" and currently weigh in between 142-147 depending on what sort of food I've eaten over the previous few days. In the past 5 months I've brought my weight down from 173 by changing my eating plan alongside heavy weight training (no cardio) and love the way my body is changing. My aim now is to at least maintain my current weight or increase this slightly by building more muscle mass although this I feel is going to be the hard part now diet wise. I've only recently started logging my eating pattern and my calorie intake fluctuates daily so finding a good base for gaining muscle mass is now my main aim. Maybe in another 6 months I'll have that 6 pack I dream of.....:) Steph x
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    5'8" currently around 195-200...goal is around 160-165, which was my lowest weight before depression and adulthood kicked the crap outta me. Can't imagine dropping any lower than 160 (except to make weight for BJJ competitions) at my height.
  • kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, 5'8.5" and currently miserable around 160-lbs. I gained about 10-lbs through the holidays through no exercise and eating like crazy. My goal is to get down to 140-lbs by my birthday in April.

A few years ago I weighed 130-lbs while training for a half-marathon, but honestly I think my body is happiest and I feel the best in the 135-140 range. It's clear from these posts that everyone's different!
  • CRMillsap
    Options
    Hello,5'8 crew. I'm new to community but been on MFP for a little over 2 yrs. Trying to see how this works and where I fit in
  • sflorek1
    sflorek1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and maintain easily at 160-165, at my lowest I was 148 but it was almost impossible to maintain.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    How "curious?" Paint me a picture with words :)

I'm glad I'm not the only twisted individual who thought "women curious about other women" was gonna be a different kind of discussion. Lol!
  • smiley768
    Options
    My goal is 120. I was 153 now im 128.
  • smiley768
    Options
    I meant im happy between 120-125. I am pretty much at my goal weight i just gained a bit recently due to holidays.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 208 pounds, now I'm 156 and 155 was my original goal but I might try to get down to 145 if I can. Right now I'm a comfy size 8, but would love to be a 6 again :)
  • enm2122
    enm2122 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am 5'8". I am currently at my highest of 169lbs. My lowest I've ever been the past few years was around 162-- but I wasn't serious about dieting. I exercised regularly last year but only lost around 5lbs and I got frustrated. I did lose inches, which is important, but the number on the scale bothered me. The past few months have been hard with a heavy work load, studying for my PHR, and general life stress. I'm trying to get back on track. My ultimate goal weight is 145, a number I've never seen on the scales as an adult.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7ish, my SW is 189 my CW/GW is 158ish. I am currently working on BF% not a number on the scale.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old, two kids ages 13 and 15, 5'8" tall and I weigh between 138-140. I lost 20 pounds since June and this weight is manageable. I am way past the age of being able to spend hours and hours working out and managing food--what working mom has that kind of time!?!?! So the 140 is my high mark and I have been able to do it by keeping to about 1200 calories and working out in a reasonable way.
  • sabianhunter
    sabianhunter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I am 136-140. I started out at 167 and was pushing out of size 12. Right now i'm hovering in 6/8's depending on what it is. At my smallest weight - getting married I was 125, but now as a grown up I don't think i will or want to get down to that. I was wanting to hit 135 or the lower 130's but I've been maintaining 136-140 since early in the summer.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Between 135 and 140 - I have a smaller frame, so extra fat doesn't look very good on me. I definitely felt best at this weight, and I get to keep my curves. :smile: Once I start working on building muscle and am able to surplus, my goals will shift from the scale number to body composition.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Hoalike! Haharious?" Paint me a picture with words :)

LOVE it. Great minds think alike
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    SW 240
    CW 197
    GW 140-ish

I have very small wrists and ankles which tells me I should be smaller vs. larger. I've been in the 160s and that's not hard to maintain but I need to reduce bodyfat and build more muscle. When fit, I am lean looking but I want an ever more muscular look. So I might go to 140 and then add 10lbs of muscle over time. I'd like to wear a size 6. I was a size 8 when I was in the 150s.
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I started at 265. I'm currently 188. This is the smallest I've ever been as an adult so I'm not sure what weight I'm going to stop at, but I'm thinking I'd like to get to 155ish.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    drabbits3 wrote: »
    I am 44 years old, two kids ages 13 and 15, 5'8" tall and I weigh between 138-140. I lost 20 pounds since June and this weight is manageable. I am way past the age of being able to spend hours and hours working out and managing food--what working mom has that kind of time!?!?! So the 140 is my high mark and I have been able to do it by keeping to about 1200 calories and working out in a reasonable way.

You're maintaining on 1200 calories? I'm not there yet but I'm thinking/hoping I can maintain at 1800 or so (before exercise). 1200 seems low. I hope I can eat more than that! I am now on 1200 calories (my choice and it's working well) and manage my calories so I am not hungry. But it's a lot of work to make sure I am okay with my macros. At 1800 I will have a lot more leeway.