Puppies! Aren't They the Best?

Options
124»

Replies

• csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My two love to lay in the weight room while I am lifting. Our German Shepherd tends to just watch, lick my face while I am vulnerable and hands are occupied, and of course craw under me while I do push ups so that he can get attention every time I go down ha. Our Malamute/Husky mix isn't so nice. She watches until I do a cardio exercise like jump rope and then tries to jump up and do it with me. She does congratulate me after my workouts with a high five though which is nice(:

My Shepherd / Malinois mix loves to stand over me when I'm doing sit ups / inverted rows, and when I do push ups, she'll do her best to get under me and then roll over, just in case I feel motivated to rub her belly while I'm down there. And for some strange reason, she will wake up, get up, and walk into the gym whenever she hears me grab the pull-up bar.

I'm hoping to get her on better terms with the treadmill, so she'll hopefully get to a point of going for an "inside walk" while I work out, but right now I just have to rely on giving her a rawhide to chew on to keep her out of my way.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10 month old Pitbull terrier mix.
    Holy energy Batman.
    Best motivator ever!
    Unfortunately exercise affects us both the same way- totally amps him up!
    -

Pitbull terriers are amazing feats of nature. Terriers sure have a lot of energy. Considering how lazy I am, my lump of a pug is a blessing!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I love dogs!!! Here's the love of my life, Logan, a tri-hound papillon!!!

pfee1o9vb8a6.jpg
    biuxx1aggmeq.jpg
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about baps...

I'd love a dog, it would force me to get up and go for a walk when I'm depressed. We're renting at the momnt and can't have pets. Except some sodding fish who are going to outlive us.

We want a springer - it needs to be able to keep up with my freaky running husband and my hyperactive kid.

I swim in open water and a dog has run in and joined me on a few occasions. Swimming alongside a spaniel who was just thrilled to be in the water and ignoring their owner was great fun. I'd love to swim with a dog regularly!

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    We have German Shepherd Dogs. They do not get peanut butter!!

Okaaaaay. . . . .?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

You're mean

dr9roxs1w8h4.jpg

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Happiest dog in the world, right there.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

You're mean

dr9roxs1w8h4.jpg

LOL!

I can just see myself trying to let my dog know that he can't get peanut butter. He knows what the darn jar looks like and gives me those ASPCA eyes when I have it out.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LOL @ 'ASPCA eyes"
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The only time my dog is sweet is when I have food and he's trying to manipulate. He sits next to me all quiet and demure. Ha! All other times, he is a 7lb tyrant!!!
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have 5 Chihuahua's that love for me to walk them in their stroller.

sexymonicat - Where are you located? I know some rescue groups that have wonderful chi's
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    @astrose00

Oh my goodness, your papillon is precious. Look at those ears! So fetching!
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I thought this thread was about baps...

I'd love a dog, it would force me to get up and go for a walk when I'm depressed. We're renting at the momnt and can't have pets. Except some sodding fish who are going to outlive us.

We want a springer - it needs to be able to keep up with my freaky running husband and my hyperactive kid.

I swim in open water and a dog has run in and joined me on a few occasions. Swimming alongside a spaniel who was just thrilled to be in the water and ignoring their owner was great fun. I'd love to swim with a dog regularly!

Some of the best memories of my childhood was swimming in the ponds and ocean at Cape Cod with my aunt and uncle's golden retrievers. The only downside is they would paddle up to me and put their paws on my shoulders. I sunk like a stone!
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

You're mean

dr9roxs1w8h4.jpg

LOL!

I can just see myself trying to let my dog know that he can't get peanut butter. He knows what the darn jar looks like and gives me those ASPCA eyes when I have it out.

First, that picture is fabulous.

Second, LOL "ASPCA eyes"!
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    laura2813 wrote: »
    I have 5 Chihuahua's that love for me to walk them in their stroller.

sexymonicat - Where are you located? I know some rescue groups that have wonderful chi's

I wonder what a pack of Chihuahuas is called? A group of pugs is called a grumble!

When my late pug got sick, I used to take her out in a little stroller I found at the goodwill. She was Queen in her stroller!

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have an elderly chihuahua who sleeps most of the time. I'm not sure how much longer she will be with us as she seems to be declining health wise. Every day with her is a gift.
    My other dog is a mixed breed and kind of crazy. He is the reason I get up and get outside to walk him 3 times a day...except when it is raining because he hates getting wet.
  • 24Gordonfan
    24Gordonfan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dogs are the best. The best supporters, best motivators, and the most loyal. I got two fur babies. Lilly and Rosco. They are my world.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This is a cute post:) My two beagles genuinely improve my quality of life just by being around.. In many ways.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Okaaaaay. . . . .?

I think that's in response to the OP saying their pug eats PB by the tubful.