Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I plan to try dropping 40 lbs in a year or so. Yup logging my food open diary if you want to look but today is the fist day I have really started logging everything.

If your plan is to lose weight, eat less-not just better. And like others said, protein is your friend.
    I thought the eat less thing was a duh thing lol I plan on eating more protein I think my lack of it could explain why I am never full

haha, a lot of people come here and use the word "better" and "healthy" and are not really understanding that healthy doesn't make you lose weight, less does. You know what's up.

But yeah, the protein thing is huge. Others can tell you how to get more. I'm not vegetarian so I'm like...meat, all the time. Also, quest bars-you can have those!
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    I have a lot of beans and but seeds and avacado things like that
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a full vegetarian, but I find that being a pescetarian (I eat seafood and fish) is a good balance for me. I couldn't seem to consume enough protein without the fish.
    Good luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Toast with cottage cheese, avocado and tomato is one of my new favourites

Also egg whites, scrambled with mushrooms and cheese on toast

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would suggest developing specific workout goals to go along with your weight loss goal. For example, cardio two days a week and strength training times a week for 20 minutes and each month had more time, or complete the same cardio routine in less time.

Take measurements every month to see how many inches you have lost, this is especially helpful when you are logging everything accurately and exercising but the scale doesn't seem to be moving.

You can add me as a friend if you would like as I have over 40 pounds to lose and we can try to encourage and support each other.
  • ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Also understand that this is a process. You will learn things as you go. What I am doing today barely resembles what I was doing when I started. So allow your plan to change as you find what works for you.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest concern should be better nutrition. I can't imagine you get that much from potatoes and processed meat substitutes.