Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options
ewhip17
ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
I know the pics are the really important part, so I'll keep it mostly to images for now. They tell the story better than I ever could anyway.

This was actually a couple of years ago. Probably 305lbs. They probably shouldn't have even let me on this ride. I remember this like it was yesterday though.

bjyvl87l90qt.jpg

About 2 years ago. Maybe 310lbs. There were things on this trip that I just couldn't do and I missed out on some great experiences.

70xmdwfqdctd.jpg

Probably no words necessary....

kqzfh8jadn7a.jpg

At one of my kid's soccer games. It's tough being the "fat dad" who can't really participate in the pre-game practice with the other dads.

obpdze0sm8rm.jpg

About 2 months ago. Roughly 210lbs and with new clothes. I wanted to see what they really looked like.

o2kmcmqr23wk.jpg

Taken yesterday. 196lbs. Starting weight was 318.5lbs on 1/1/14.

b02ocg1s44ik.jpg

The thing is, it IS possible. If you can set reasonable goals (I far exceeded even my stretch goals), accept that there are no excuses, understand that you will have bad days, and be prepared to be brutally honest with yourself about your actions and decisions, it is absolutely possible. Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Replies

• rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and you must feel brilliant. Very inspirational!
  • acec00p
    acec00p Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, today i take my first step
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks so much for posting.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    acec00p wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, today i take my first step

Awesome. Go get it. And nice bike!

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    EHUwvpbWGN0oo.gif[img][/img]
  • handyandy69
    handyandy69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Inspiration. I need to not focus on the big challenge ahead but break it down. My goal is to weigh less next week than this week. You prove it can be done.

Have a great 2015.
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! Bet your family is so proud of you!
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look great, I love the: I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today - so true!
  • louwright2014
    louwright2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, i restart again today and I am the biggest I have ever been so feeling low. Your post is just what I needed to read today :-)
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Brilliant Inspiration. I need to not focus on the big challenge ahead but break it down. My goal is to weigh less next week than this week. You prove it can be done.

Have a great 2015.

Yeah I literally set out with the expectation of losing 1-2 lbs per week. And then I broke that down into 5 lb chunks. So mentally it was always small victories and in the end they add up. When it gets hard I always go back to that mentality.

• Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    The thing is, it IS possible. If you can set reasonable goals (I far exceeded even my stretch goals), accept that there are no excuses, understand that you will have bad days, and be prepared to be brutally honest with yourself about your actions and decisions, it is absolutely possible. Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Great story and I completely agree. I had become a "I'll start tomorrow/next week/next month" type person in a number of areas in my life and decided to stop saying that a few months ago. It is a journey as we did not get the way we are overnight and it isn't going away overnight either. There will be bumps in the road but we just need to keep moving forward.

Good luck in the 5K today!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today

You Sir, will be inspiring many others today. You look fantastic, all that hard work paid off!!

I love your quote!!! It really speaks to me and I'm sure it will touch others the same way. :) You'll change lives on here with that!

I'm so very proud of you, you made a decision and you followed through.
    Your entire life, including health, activities, peace of mind, self confidence, relationships etc... it's altered each of them because you took time to love and care about yourself enough to get back your health!

Have fun at your 5K... looking forward to hearing about your next trip to the amusment parks. :)

Happy New Year 2015! birthday-party-blower.gif
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You have done a fantastic job! Good luck in 2015!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Damn I love posts like this! Keeps me going. Well done, Sir!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring post. Congratulations on your great succes! You clearly worked really hard at it. I, too, find that breaking it down into 5 lb. increments is a good method.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fantastic success :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! and you are inspiring!! Good post for the New Year :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!