Weak back, need suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great, as is an ancient (circa 80's) dvd on amazon called Callenetics which are exercises designed by a woman with a really bad back. I would also recommend swimming and letting the water support you. That may be hazardous though if you don't already know how.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    jus4kix06 wrote: »
    So I've never really been in shape. I'm tall and I have horrible posture. I want to start working out but my back is extremely weak and I feel it is the main reason I give up so easily and don't push myself to do more. Does anyone have suggestions and what to do to make my back stronger and to improve my posture at the same time?

So you'll need to push yourself and do more.

You should do some back specific workout movements, paired with talking to a PT to resolve muscle imbalances, and then sit and stand up straight.

Commit and you'll be able to fix it.
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. I've looked over all of the links above and found a few of my own and have come up with a routine I'm going to try out over the course this month! I'll report back in Feb. to let you all know if I have success!