• barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Go to the Dr
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That first dish looks delicious, but I don't know about the worms in the second pic.

I really love your table, too.

Those observations and opinions and aside, by God but I'd die on that little food. I feel so bad for you. Have you made that appointment with your doctor yet? I hope you get this figured out.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Worms? It's high fiber cereal (I have IBS and diverticulitis). I'll give my doctor a call if he's open tomorrow and set up some blood work and then go in when the results come back.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    That first dish looks delicious, but I don't know about the worms in the second pic.

I really love your table, too.

Those observations and opinions and aside, by God but I'd die on that little food. I feel so bad for you. Have you made that appointment with your doctor yet? I hope you get this figured out.

Ugh. I didn't initially see worms but now that you said it that's all I see lol.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bokaba wrote: »
    Worms? It's high fiber cereal (I have IBS and diverticulitis). I'll give my doctor a call if he's open tomorrow and set up some blood work and then go in when the results come back.

Oh, LOL, sorry! It seriously did look like worms to me. I mean I figured it couldn't ACTUALLY be worms, but...

It just pretty much looked like something Andrew Zimmern would eat to me. "We're here today in Comoros..."

High-fiber cereal, got it.

Best of luck and I hope your doctor can help you and that you can get this figured out.
  • elphie754
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    bokaba wrote: »

Oh, LOL, sorry! It seriously did look like worms to me. I mean I figured it couldn't ACTUALLY be worms, but...
    ..."

Lol you never know. People have eaten stranger things.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Scooby's Workshop says you should be eating 2,400-2,500 cals. a day or so to lose 1.2 lbs./week. If you are having trouble weighing, you could eat only packaged foods (frozen Trader Joe's meals and such) and veggies for a week and see what happens. I'm sure someone will throw slings and arrows at me, but that would (mostly) eliminate a weighing problem. Yes, I know that calories on packaged goods might not be totally accurate... Based on your photos, if that's really all you are eating, I would think you would feel terrible and lightheaded all the time.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

vyrgyl5gifjg.png
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok...you caught me...I just can't help myself when it comes to worms. I do feel terrible.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Glad you'll see your doctor. I think no matter what if that is a typical day's eating it is extremely low, and you should gradually build up. You also need more fat in your diet, it looks like. Neither of these things will help you to lose weight, but they should make a big difference in how you feel, and in conjunction with figuring out if anything medically is happening, then later you'll be in a better position to tackle weight loss.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    About the All Bran, do you eat it dry?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I absolutely think its doctor time ...get thyroid and blood tests and be prepared to go down as a teaching case because taking you on face value and accepting that you truly have been eating a starvation diet for weeks / months then you really are the most special little snowflake of your generation
  • elphie754
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I absolutely think its doctor time ...get thyroid and blood tests and be prepared to go down as a teaching case because taking you on face value and accepting that you truly have been eating a starvation diet for weeks / months then you really are the most special little snowflake of your generation

Lol. For some reason this makes me giggle.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Weren't you here a month ago talking about a medically-supervised diet? Whatever happened with that?

quoting myself... What happened to the medically supervised diet?