• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How much time do you have to eat?
    Can you eat at work?
    Can you wake up 20 minutes earlier?

I have about 15-20 minutes to prepare the food and eat.
    I don't have time to eat at work most days.
    Not really. I enjoy my sleep.

Something is going to have to give. An extra 15 minutes in the morning can solve your problem and remove this stressful situation. Which is what it is because if it wasn't then we wouldn't be talking about it in this thread. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

Honestly, I'm looking for food ideas not life advice. I appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions, but most days I have 15-20 minutes and that's what I'm looking to work within. If you don't think there's anything I can eat within that time, okay, but I've gotten advice to the contrary from other people.
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning with protein powder. I use a magic bullet so I actually throw everything in here the night before and then add a little water in the morning before blending. It's the on,ly way I've been able to eat a quality breakfast, and like you I like my sleep so getting up earlier wasn't an option for me. On the weekends I switch up what I eat because I'm not in a rush out the door.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    When I'm really in a hurry, whole grain bread and cheese. I can't eat sweet things in the morning.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    crack eggs into a cup and microwave it for a minute. boom, hardboiled eggs with no peeling.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bacon & Egg sandwich erry day. Cook the bacon and boil the eggs on sunday night. Doesn't take long to stuff in your face.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My quick to go's are
    Fruit, nut smoothie ('cause you can drink it in the car)
    Fruit, nuts and yoghurt
    English muffin toasted, with ham and cheese or egg if you have time :-)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I find that a couple slices of buttered toast, or a bagel with cream cheese, keeps me going until lunch. I used to have cereal with milk, but when I had that, I was often hungry by 10 am, despite eating more calories.
  • travie__b
    travie__b Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been making breakfast smoothies as well! Like you, OP, I love my sleep too much to get up any earlier to actually fix breakfast.

I've been doing:

1 c. crushed ice
    1 c. fat free milk
    17 g peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder

It's delicious, keeps me full until I have my first snack, and is quick and easy.

• aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you're waiting until lunch, I'd say go for something with plenty of protein. I usually eat a breakfast around 300 calories and always eat an AM snack before lunch. Especially if I've lifted that day I can't wait until 12 or 1 to eat again, I get too hungry!

Given your time restraint, I'd say try oatmeal w/ protein powder and some bananas / nuts / blueberries, whatever you like. You could also make overnight oats and it would require no preparation in the morning. Greek yogurt w/ some granola / cereal and fruit would be another quick option. Hardboiled eggs, toast / bagels, microwaved pre-cooked sausage / bacon, etc. . . . the options are endless!
  • notadude
    Options
    Honestly, I have the same problem, and it's the worst. I'm also a terrible procrastinator, but if you're not maybe prep some stuff the night before. Sorry if all this seems terribly simple, but it's really been helping me.

I've found that steel cut oats or grits are awesome when they have time to sit. I like them sweet, but grits are excellent savory as well. I make enough for 3 or 4 breakfasts the night before or on the weekend. In addition, I tend to make bacon in large batches. Crumble some up for your grits, or mix in some sausage. Delicious!

I oftentimes will grind my coffee, fill the machine with water, and have everything ready to go for the morning (including putting premeasured amount sweetener in my to-go mug). I don't see why this wouldn't work for smoothies too, meaning measure out all the frozen fruit for smoothies into a to go cup.

Bagel sandwiches are good too. Bagel/bagel thin/english muffin, prosciutto/ham/turkey, mustard, and some kind of cheese is very filling.

This is one of my favorite make ahead recipes for a quick meal/snack: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/

Good luck!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    190 days later, breakfast has really helped me! I usually eat a Thomas Everything Bagel Thin w/ a bit of whipped cream cheese and a non-fat latte made at home. It takes <5 minutes w/ a 1-cup coffee maker or Keurig equivalent... I could eat my bagel on the way out the door if I was really in a hurry, but I typically allow myself 10 minutes to eat breakfast now... It's a life-changer for me.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How much time do you have to eat?
    Can you eat at work?
    Can you wake up 20 minutes earlier?

I have about 15-20 minutes to prepare the food and eat.
    I don't have time to eat at work most days.
    Not really. I enjoy my sleep.

Something is going to have to give. An extra 15 minutes in the morning can solve your problem and remove this stressful situation. Which is what it is because if it wasn't then we wouldn't be talking about it in this thread. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

Honestly, I'm looking for food ideas not life advice. I appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions, but most days I have 15-20 minutes and that's what I'm looking to work within. If you don't think there's anything I can eat within that time, okay, but I've gotten advice to the contrary from other people.

I find it pretty funny that someone flagged your post addressed to me. It wasn't me but I do find it funny. I never said you couldn't find things in that time frame I was just offering a suggestion. You didn't like it so you didn't take it. See how that works. Remember something, I'm not the one in the room that can't figure out breakfast.

Take care.

Oh, ha. That's pretty funny! I didn't even notice I was flagged, but oh well. Such is life I guess. If people can flag something as temperate as that, I feel bad for the moderators who have to determine whether something is truly flag worthy!
  • MaryinColorado
    Options
    I also sleep in till the last possible second! :). But luckily I can & do eat at my desk at work. My standard breakfast is a protein bar (20 grams protein) & a protein shake. Lately I've gotten addicted to Special K vanilla cappucino shakes, the caffeine in them gives me an extra boost :)
  • ebfmfp
    ebfmfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Before I started working from home, some combination of these: hard boiled egg(s), PB and Honey on whole wheat bread, yogurt and banana.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I'm on dayshift it's usually granola with milk. If I have time I'll make some eggs and toast but usually don't, 0430 comes early.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 to 2 eggs before going to work and oatmeal, cottage cheese as soon as I get to work. In between breakfast and lunch I eat a lot of fruit and drink a GNC Lean Shake.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I don't usually eat it until I'm at work, but: Greek non-fat yogurt with nuts and whatever fruit I have.

I do exactly this.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Work day breakfast usually consists of a few of these items: banana, homemade healthy muffin, oatmeal, green shake, protein shake.

I make the muffins a dozen or two at a time and freeze them. All I have to do is pop it in the microwave and it's ready to go. Cinnamon quinoa is my favorite and go-to. I eat a bit before going out the door, drink a smoothie in the car, and usually eat the banana at work. Haha.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tend to make a smoothie and grab a boiled egg (I pre-boil enough eggs for the week). I always eat breakfast once I get to work since I'm usually out the door by 5:50am.