BREAKFAST

Options
Okay so I know it't the most important meal of the day but I always feel too ill in the morning to eat. The thought of food makes me feel horrible and when it comes to lunch time I am just about ready to eat and feel hungry. I still drink water in the morning and if I've woken up at 7 I'll have an apple at 10/11. Is this wrong/okay?

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Some people are not breakfast people. I have the opposite problem. If I don't eat first thing, my blood sugar is whacked. Also, if I skip a meal - breakfast or lunch - I tend to snack through the evening or about 4pm and end up overeating.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat when you want
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 3:30 and don't eat until around 10ish, it makes no difference when you it, its how much you eat.
  • romachel1978
    romachel1978 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I saw a nutritionist, she said that you should eat when you first get up so that it breaks the fasting cycle that your body is in. It gets your metabolism and everything moving again. That being said, I saw the nutritionist because I am a new diabetic so maybe that doesn't apply to everyone. It may just have to do with the diabetes.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to/feel you can eat breakfast, don't. Meal timing has no impact on weight loss.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Eat when you're hungry. I usually don't eat until anywhere between 11 and 2. Sometimes I'll even wait until 5 or 6 pm and just have one meal. I love breakfast food though so dinner turns into brinner often! :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elily223 wrote: »
    Okay so I know it't the most important meal of the day but I always feel too ill in the morning to eat. The thought of food makes me feel horrible and when it comes to lunch time I am just about ready to eat and feel hungry. I still drink water in the morning and if I've woken up at 7 I'll have an apple at 10/11. Is this wrong/okay?

It is not "the most important" meal of the day. In fact, none of the meals are "most important".
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Your body adjusts to different eating habits. So because you never eat breakfast, you don't want breakfast. I grew up not eating breakfast and when I first started eating it I felt like I was forcing food down my throat. Now, I wake up starving. Personally I find eating breakfast awesome because it helps wake me up (I can focus quicker in the mornings) and I don't feel starving by snack/lunch time.
  • waynefc22
    waynefc22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you eat at regular times which is good. I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do I find seeded toast is not to heavy.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine if you skip breakfast. Its about what will work for you!!
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's true that breakfast kicks starts your metabolism and helps prevents you from snacking through the day or gorging at lunchtime. Plus it depends what your goals are. I personally need a good breakfast in order to fuel my muscles for the day ahead and it always includes eggs or oats or sometimes both. Everyone is different tho and eat when you feel like eating but just make good food choices x
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    stephxo1 wrote: »
    It's true that breakfast kicks starts your metabolism and helps prevents you from snacking through the day or gorging at lunchtime. Plus it depends what your goals are. I personally need a good breakfast in order to fuel my muscles for the day ahead and it always includes eggs or oats or sometimes both. Everyone is different tho and eat when you feel like eating but just make good food choices x

Breakfast does not kick start your metabolism. Your metabolism doesn't need to be kick started it's always working.

Meal timing is personal preference. If I eat in the morning I'm hungry all day long, if I eat around 1 or 2 in the afternoon I'm fine and it works perfectly for me.
  • anitakayl
    Options
    2 cups coffee and 1/2 cup oatmeal !!! gonna try this breakfast thing ...good luck
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    One of the things I learned during 2014 on my big weight loss journey ... figure out what works (and doesn't work) for you, and go with it. Some people are breakfast eaters (me), some are not; some people are carb eaters (me), some are not; some people ...
  • CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some people are not breakfast people. I have the opposite problem. If I don't eat first thing, my blood sugar is whacked. Also, if I skip a meal - breakfast or lunch - I tend to snack through the evening or about 4pm and end up overeating.

I am SO the same way. If I skip a meal, those are the days I have a higher caloric intake. It is different for everyone. If I skip breakfast, I'm a giant crab. However, I can seem to skip lunch here and there, though I try not to, because as I said, I'll over eat most of the times I do that. I also sincerely hope that, no matter what time of day you eat, it doesn't affect you. I heard a lot of people say don't eat after 6 or 7 p.m., but sometimes, by the time I get out of work and go straigt to the gym, I have to eat dinner later. It really does all depend on what works for you. Good luck to you all in the New Year and I hope we all reach our goals or resolutions.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little hungry in the morning but I opt to make a protein shake to drink for breakfast so that I have time to get ready while the kids are eating.
    But if skipping breakfast works for you, I doubt there is any harm being done.
  • waynefc22
    waynefc22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    zombie_meg wrote: »
    I'm always a little hungry in the morning but I opt to make a protein shake to drink for breakfast so that I have time to get ready while the kids are eating.
    But if skipping breakfast works for you, I doubt there is any harm being done.

I read hungry as something completely different, wow I have a dirty mind :neutral_face:
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I used to force breakfast because "it's the most important meal of the day." Now, I don't eat it unless I need to. I have my few glasses of water and some coffee...if my body is still "girl, feed me" I eat. I eat less overall on days I don't eat in the mornings because I have more calories for lunch, 3pm snack and dinner. More calories then lead me to snack less at night, which is my "danger zone" of extra calories.
  • chosenbyheart1
    chosenbyheart1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic patient I advise you to follow the nutritionist. You have insulin levels to be concerned with. This folks don't.I had a friend who was diagnosed with type 2 diabete so I attended the classes as support. The reason makes sense when it is more about your health and not what you feel or not feel like doing.