Nutribullet

Options
madsma0516
madsma0516 Posts: 2 Member
I received a Nutribullet for Christmas and I LOVE IT... but now I'm trying to find different healthy recipes. Day 1 - I tried Spinach, Apple, Orange and Banana. Upon tracking the Banana put me over.. Who would have thunk !!? Thus the reason we track eh? Day 2 I omitted the Banana. Anyone have good concoctions that they have tried that they love? Also: Do you meal supplement with it? I used it as a snack between breakfast and lunch to avoid snacking on other items.

Replies

• k_richi
    k_richi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    consider using half banana, apple & orange. include cinnamon & vanilla or unsweetened coco powder with stevia.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I use a shake for breakfast. Mine is usually a lowfat Greek yogurt,usually vanilla,1/2 frozen banana,2 Tbl cocoa,tsp of vanilla ,6 ice cubes & 6 oz water for 170 calories.
  • ComicaSans
    Options
    I just kind of mix whatever sounds good. Using low sugar almond milk works as a good mixer. Half an apple, a few mango pieces, spinach, 3-5 blueberries and 8-10 frozen cranberries is my go-to. Good pick me up, under 200 calories (use water for liquid).
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie as my first meal of the day, whenever that is. Mine look like this:
    85-100 grams of spinach,
    5 grams of spirulina,
    8 oz unsweetened almond milk,
    2 bananas measured in grams, varies daily
    140 grams of frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, peaches)
    Sometimes I throw in a couple T of Sun butter

This makes a very green, very filling 32 oz smoothie in the big cup. Today's was close to 500 calories.
    Since it's a meal, I don't worry about the calories, and I am always over on my sugar simply because I eat a ton of fruit.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar. Most of mine comes from fruit and I ignore that.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    isnt it brilliant, I actually got suckered in by its infomercial and bought one and the thing is awesome. I dont really have any recipes as such but the one thing I use everytime (apart from water) is 1/2 scoop of protein powder. but Ive added everything from Kale to prune Juice in mine. sometimes Ill throw in any fruit around or even a yoghurt. Have fun with it its a great tool to use.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas :)
    I have such a hard time getting my protein in, that I put the greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of whey protein powder in. I buy mine in bulk from the cheese factory (WI Lady here) and it's less expensive then buying the flavored kinds.
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have one. Bought it months ago and never used it. I had no clue what to make in it lol
  • Bridesmomma107
    Bridesmomma107 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chunky Monkey is my favorite - a ripe, frozen banana, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 2 tablespoons of PB2 powder (or regular peanut butter if you prefer), and a little bit of cold water. It keeps me full for quite a while and tastes awesome!!!
  • jacqueline7599
    Options
    How's that taste? I hate yogurt but that seems to be what everyone uses.
    I have such a hard time getting my protein in, that I put the greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of whey protein powder in. I buy mine in bulk from the cheese factory (WI Lady here) and it's less expensive then buying the flavored kinds.

• jacqueline7599
    Options
    What is spirulina?

Laurend224 wrote: »
    I usually have a smoothie as my first meal of the day, whenever that is. Mine look like this:
    85-100 grams of spinach,
    5 grams of spirulina,
    8 oz unsweetened almond milk,
    2 bananas measured in grams, varies daily
    140 grams of frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, peaches)
    Sometimes I throw in a couple T of Sun butter

This makes a very green, very filling 32 oz smoothie in the big cup. Today's was close to 500 calories.
    Since it's a meal, I don't worry about the calories, and I am always over on my sugar simply because I eat a ton of fruit.

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MINE!!!!!!!!!! I put my vitamins in it and sit in awe as it pulvarizes them into whatever I'm making so i can't even taste them... I tae swallowing pills! My "health kick" recepie was spinach, flax seed, honey, frozen rasberries, frozen blueberries, and a little greek yogurt. My more go-to recepies are protein powders + almost milk = basically ice cream, berries + ice + almost milk = fruit smoothie, PB2 + cinnamon + ice + almost milk = after workout smoothie, Heavy whipping cream + frozen strawberries + vodka = killer daquiri.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    k_richi wrote: »
    consider using half banana, apple & orange. include cinnamon & vanilla or unsweetened coco powder with stevia.

One thing to keep in mind about Stevia is that for folks on blood pressure medication there's a warning not to eat Stevia. It's on WebMD for more information.

Regarding what to make for a smoothie my favorite combo (for a mid morning snack) is: handful of spinach, mini cucumber, 1 apple or banana, ground chia seeds, raw honey, 2 ice cubes and a splash of water.

*Please don't stress about a banana causing you to go over! If you said a "bag of cheese doodles" that would be one thing. Also, you can freeze banana pieces in a ziplock and just grab a couple to add to your smoothie.

• Onesnap
    Options
    I have one. Bought it months ago and never used it. I had no clue what to make in it lol

You can use it to make fresh salsa!

• Onesnap
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar. Most of mine comes from fruit and I ignore that.

I agree! Everything I've read from reputable sources says that 2 cups of fruit per day is a healthy choice (and nothing to worry about).

My favorite point a few years back (I think it was from Scientific American) was the scientist that said: "Show me someone that got diabetes from eating too many strawberries and I'll eat my hat."

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Homemade hummus. I make a roasted garlic hummus that blows my mind, every time!

Chickpeas, lemon juice, roasted garlic, olive oil and tahini (if you don't have tahini or can't find it, peanut butter works really well, too).

• Onesnap
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »

Homemade hummus. I make a roasted garlic hummus that blows my mind, every time!

Chickpeas, lemon juice, roasted garlic, olive oil and tahini (if you don't have tahini or can't find it, peanut butter works really well, too).

What a great idea, thank you!

• toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started making a shake once in a while using my blender. It was getting to be too much of a hassle and it didn't take care of the ice enough for me. I saw the infomercial on HSN (I'd never bought anything on there before) so I caved and ordered it. Besides being $50 less than in the store, free shipping and getting a $10 coupon toward my next order (NO, I am NOT getting any kick-back, it was just a great deal) it's been one of the BEST things I've ever bought. I'm not real adventurous in what I make. Pretty much make the same thing over and over. BUT I love what I do make. I take 6 ice cubes, 2 scoops of GNC chocolate protein powder (25 gm protein), unsw almond coconut milk, greek yogurt, and a little stevia. For variety, I've added strawberries, blueberries, and PB2. I think the thing I love best is .. the shake comes so creamy it's like heaven. If I'm short on protein for the day, I'll have it for a meal replacement, or just as an "extra" mid-evening if I have some extra calories to use up. I'd highly recommend one for anybody. AND I never thought about using it for my hummus. THNX Cathalain. That'll go on my to-do list for this weekend ;)
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love my bullett. I buy big bags of frozen fruit from costco. It is so much cheaper. My favorite recipe is
    1/2 C blue berries
    1/2C Pineapple
    1/4 Banana (frozen)
    a scoop of vanilla protein Powder
    Sometimes I add spinach if I have it on hand.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness it tastes amazing!
    Today I did the small container of strawberry Greek yogurt (the low cal & low sugar), frozen diced strawberries, mangos, peach, & banana ( from walmart), unsweetened almond milk, & my whey protein. It is so good! You can't tell the yogurt is in there and I can only drink about 1/2 of it at a time, so I use it for 2 meals.
    I just figured out the info on this as well: 270 Cal - 25 carbs - 3 Fat - 33 Pro
    How's that taste? I hate yogurt but that seems to be what everyone uses.