Nutribullet

Options
2»

Replies

• sherri30170
    sherri30170 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay! I received one too. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. Keep them coming!
  • kwoolstencroft1
    kwoolstencroft1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I love mine also :) my recent favourite is blueberries, banana and Greek yogurt with ice. Absolutely lush, another good one is pineapple, orange and mango with Greek yogurt and ice, or I tend to freeze bags ready prepared and shove them in frozen with a little water on a morning :) easy peasy xx
  • dillonsmom1958
    Options
    Love mine. I add Greek yogurt, almond milk, dry peanut butter, big handful of spinach and some kind of berry, ginger and cinnamon. I blast every morning except weekends.
  • busylady48
    busylady48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice, 2 tsp Almond Butter and 1 Banana. I freeze my Bananas when still a little green. This way they have less sugar content.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Rot-tel tomatoes with diced green chilies, diced tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, lime juice, celery seeds, horseradish (if you're brave), salt and pepper to taste. Blend thoroughly and drink plain or add it to a we bit of vodka. If you give it just a slight blend it makes a pretty tasty salsa.
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to get one now .....
  • PrayingMamaw
    PrayingMamaw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I received one for my Birthday as well as a pedometer to count my steps. Mine came with many recipes in a book for various illness' . I love it. And I am doing meal planning with smoothies for breakfast. Yumm. Then walk outside if it is not slick and snowing. Then I can get my wii out and do some of there exercises, or watch some of my Richard Simmons tapes for a few years back. Love walking to the oldies
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    busylady48 wrote: »
    My favorite is Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice, 2 tsp Almond Butter and 1 Banana. I freeze my Bananas when still a little green. This way they have less sugar content.

fabulous.
  • jacker369
    Options
    Make the tomato soup recipe that comes in the book. Or Google Nutribullet Tomato Soup. Its awesome!
    Also, when making blasts, add dry oatmeal, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
  • violetsrblue
    violetsrblue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you have a Nutribullet, you MUST get familiar with PB2!!! That is a powdered peanut butter available at most grocery stores now. 85% of the fat removed and very few calories as compared to peanut butter and still a good amount of protein for the deliciousness it provides to a Nutribullet treat! If you're easing in to green smoothies it has helped a lot of people I know. Try this: half banana, 2TBS PB2, 1-2 oz of spinach, unsweetened vanilla almond milk(amount depends on preferred consistency) and a few ice cubes. Soooo delicious!
  • violetsrblue
    violetsrblue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another thing I wanted to share, as I got my Nutribullet last year and lost 22 lbs, largely because of my committed use of it. I highly recommend getting a good digital kitchen scale to use during Nutriblast prep. The reason is, it is hard to log specific amounts of fresh or frozen fruits and veggies very accurately without one and it is easy to get carried away or assume your drink is lower calorie than reality. Here's what I did. Add all of the fresh fruits and veggies on MFP by 1 oz. that you are likely to use and call it, "Jane's spinach", or whatever your name is so u can log number of servings based on how many ounces you put in that day. Find specific calories for 1 oz of almost anything at Calorie King and add it to your MFP. Zero your scale with your Nutribullet cup on it and add away! So easy to track this way. Add nuts by weight too or milled flax or China! Yum!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Is the Nutri Bullet different from the Magic Bullet? I have the Magic and I love it but it's getting old and may quit on me soon.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet and I use mine like the OP does, as a snack, to keep me feeling full. So usually I don't add the almond milk, just water. For sweetness, I can pretty much add 8 red grapes(in the small cup) or a small fruit cup with Bartlett pears(more calories if I need) to sweeten things up if it's any fruit drink combined with greens. My go to veggie drink lately is: spinach, cucumber, and tomato with water. Good end of the night snack, not many calories.
  • Tiffany2004
    Tiffany2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My go-to-morning smoothie or snack is:

1/4 cup spinach
    1/4 cup kale
    1/3 cup pineapple
    1/3 cup mango
    1/3 of a banana
    1/4 cup water
    Sprinkle in some cinnamon
    4-5 ice cubes

Under 150 calories
  • TheScarlettOHara
    TheScarlettOHara Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you want to use less banana, freeze them. Remove the skin, cut them up into chunks, put them in a airtight bag and freeze, only use a few slices in each smoothie.
    Anyways, I like kale, cucumber, avocado, chi seeds and coconut water in mine,
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you want to use less banana, freeze them. Remove the skin, cut them up into chunks, put them in a airtight bag and freeze, only use a few slices in each smoothie.
    Anyways, I like kale, cucumber, avocado, chi seeds and coconut water in mine,

This. I use about a third of a frozen, brown banana in any smoothie that has banana. The taste is so much more powerful in the frozen ones.