Foods that sound great but disappoint?

Options

Replies

• defalise
    defalise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seaweed chips are disgusting! They taste fishy. The audience on Dr.Oz lie when they say it tastes good. The other thing is brownies made from black beans. They were a disappointment, didn't taste very chocolatey and had a weird texture to them.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    defalise wrote: »
    Seaweed chips are disgusting! They taste fishy. The audience on Dr.Oz lie when they say it tastes good. The other thing is brownies made from black beans. They were a disappointment, didn't taste very chocolatey and had a weird texture to them.

My kids love seaweed chips! I can't go near them. Never believe anything you see on Dr. OZ!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't like oatmeal? Have you tried Dinosaur Oatmeal? I used to get this for my son. Very tempting.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Store bought birthday cake.

This. Never worth it. Ever. If I'm having cake, it better be bakery cake.

For me, it's Cheet-ohs. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. Love the first few, but then it's like this terrible habit that keeps me going until I realize I can't feel my tongue. And for what? Ugh. Too much stuff in them that I just don't eat anymore. So why I do I try them every now and then? Habit. Blech.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I cannot do avocado. that is about the only thing I cannot stand that is healthy lol. I do eat my oatmeal and greek yogurt with my protein powder but I use strawberry flavored protein powder.cvs has some protein powder that is cookies and cream flavored and it has real bits of cookie in it and it tastes great in oatmeal(at least to me lol).
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is vile, mushy nastiness. I want to like it...but its just gross no matter how you cook it. Especially overnight oats......NASTY!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is also gross. I hate the way it coats your mouth and makes it feel all.....waxy? I don't know how to describe it, but its VILE.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Dairy free chocolate mousse, I figured how bad could it be??? Vile.

But I love porridge (oatmeal) but I have been eating it since I was tiny. My Nan used to give it to us with cream and sugar and honey (we didn't see her often so it was a treat).
  • Crvega96
    Crvega96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Quest bars- taste like chemicals
    Pizza- I've never been a huge fan but I do like it in my dad's clay oven
  • swissms68
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    -McDonald's french fries. They taste way too salty now, even though the rest of my family complains that they're not salty at all.
    Thank God someone else believes this! I was in a hurry and grabbed McDonald's and had the fries for the first time in a while and I thought that I was drowning in a salt mine!

For me, a sad and truly disappointing food is the rice/popcorn crisps that taste like foam board or packing peanuts. Sure they are low fat, but so are packing peanuts!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Crvega96 wrote: »

Pizza? Are you human? lol.

I'll add to mine... Smashburger. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I could feel the salt in my body for a day after (not sure if it was from the burger or the fries?)... never again.

Also 99% of the fries in restaurants. So not worth the calories. And I used to love McDonald's fries too...
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Organic cottage cheese (Organic Meadow but I think they're all basically the same). It's not like regular cottage cheese but kind of dry and crumbly. I don't really get it, or what to do with it? Also it doesn't taste very good. Once in awhile I like the full fat regular cottage cheese, but I get tired of it quickly so now I don't even bother.

Also rice cakes-- seems like a great snack but every time I try them again they taste like cardboard... doesn't matter which flavour.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Crvega96 wrote: »

Pizza? Are you human? lol.

I'll add to mine... Smashburger. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I could feel the salt in my body for a day after (not sure if it was from the burger or the fries?)... never again.

Also 99% of the fries in restaurants. So not worth the calories. And I used to love McDonald's fries too...

This too. If I don't know for sure that they're made in house I don't get them. There's always way to many and they're not very good.
  • ksdunford2013
    ksdunford2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almond milk. Tried it in a smoothie and the texture was very...oily. Couldn't keep from gagging until I brushed my teeth.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. They sounds good and look good on the package, but they are all gross to me. I just do not like the taste.

• __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Restaurant food - used to love going out to eat but now I prefer to cook at home. Get exactly what I want, reasonable portion, can control the calories, costs way less, and usually tastes great (still fine tuning my cooking skills).
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate brand (I think) pumpkin spice coffee creamer- was not nearly pumpkin-y or sweet enough!

Dannon Light n Fit strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt- did not taste like cheesecake at all. so disappointing, but I should have known better!

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    First married -- husband insists I have to try liver & onions w/ bacon & potatoes --"You're gonna love it!" My mom hated having to eat liver as a kid, so I'd never had it @ home. The only time I did have it was, while in pharmacy school, & doing a lecture at a nursing home, they invited us to stay for lunch, & lucky (!) us, they were serving boiled liver--serious blergh!
    My husband cooks 1/2 lb bacon, fries up potatoes & onions in some of the fat, then uses the rest to fry the flour dredged calves liver -- & when I tried it, all I could tell him was that if I was going to spend that many calories on something, it had to be on something that was better than "barely palatable".
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Custard. I don't like sweetened eggs, ok.... lol... to me it is like putting sugar on scrambled eggs!!! Brown rice. Ppl are like "oh if u just prepare it this way it's good." Nonsense. I have tried everything. It is cardboard. Gross.