100 calorie snacks?

Options
lmserino13
lmserino13 Posts: 4 Member
I like eating small things throughout the day and I was wondering if there are any 100 calorie snacks that are good, filling, and easy to make!
Any ideas?

Replies

• amariepooch
    amariepooch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, but not the kind in the bag. I love doing air popped or heck even if you have an oil popper I found its fewer calories then in the bag. (i know crazy right) You can add all kinds of seasoning to it.

Veggies! You can seriously eat pretty much as many vegetables as you want. as long as you don't use dressings. You can add low cal dips and things if you ant too though just have to watch it closer. Often times raw veggies have negative calories as it takes your body more energy to digest them then they have in them.

I like to take a couple tablespoons of brownie mix and mix it with a diet coke (equal parts) and microwave it about a minute-2 minutes when I have a sweet tooth craving. and thats about 90 calories...

Just depends what ya like.
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite: Spicy, Crunchy, Sweet, Creamy or Salty? Mine is Salty which I need to slow down on, so my go to are cucumbers, radishes, pickles. Things that are easy to grab with a little shake of salt. Find your craving taste and you will find your snacks. Spicy- salsa and 10 chips, Crunchy - 9 nuts, Sweet- sugar/honey in my tea, 1 cookie, Creamy- Pudding, mash potatoes.
  • lmserino13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @amandajorgensen2

Thank ya! All those sound good, especially the brownie! Yum!

• lmserino13
    Options
    @chaines7169‌ Thanks!
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depending on your portion size these can be under 100:
    Tuna
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Popcorn
    Carrots
    Apples
    Cottage cheese
    Boiled egg
    Beef jerky
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Unsalted cashew nuts - I have 25g for 150 cals so measure the right amount for 100cals. (Ummmm, doing maths.....17g)
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/4 cup of Dole mandarin oranges (the no sugar added kind) with a cup of Jello Sugar-Free Vanilla pudding. Pudding = 60 calories, oranges = 30 calories. Total of 90 calories. Pretty good stuff.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »
    I mix 1/4 cup of Dole mandarin oranges (the no sugar added kind) with a cup of Jello Sugar-Free Vanilla pudding. Pudding = 60 calories, oranges = 30 calories. Total of 90 calories. Pretty good stuff.

Oh, that sounds good!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For 100 calories the only thing that will fill me up is veggies, especially carrots.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    lugi's Itialain Ice mango=100 cal YUM!!!
    Big bowl of steamed Zuchinni with spray butter and a really gourmet sea salt like Black Hawiian.. love Amazon
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I blogged this once. I haven't revisited the thread in a while, but it does give an idea on portion sizes.

http://jgnatbuzz.blogspot.ca/2013/05/what-does-100-calories-look-like.html
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a small handful of nuts. I usually try to avoid any snack that doesn't have some protein and/or fat, because otherwise it'll just make me even hungrier shortly after. So if I were going to have fruit or veggies, I'd combine it with something else, like carrots with dip, or celery with peanut butter, or apples and cheese, etc.
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try asking at the grocery store. My Safeway has a section of snacks packed in bags that are exactly 100 calories.
  • kerry3835
    Options
    A hardboiled egg or 6-8 cherry tomatoes stuffed with cottage cheese (throw on some fresh minced herbs if you are feeling industrious), also about 1/2 a cup of frozen grapes. All clean food and pretty filling.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Snapea Crisps. 100 cal bag, 13g carb, 4g pro, 3.5g fat only 40mg sodium
    and delicious
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Walkers baked crisps at 103 calories, Metcalfe sweet and salt popcorn at 78 calories are my current favourites x
  • fixmyself
    Options
    @jpaulie‌ i totally agree with the snapea crisps! Delicious :D
    I'm usually all for sweet things, so my go to sweet thing is two mandarins for 70 calories. They're so good and sweet AND I get two! :)
  • woggsybug
    woggsybug Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow!! So many great ideas! I'm new this , so I'm glad someone asked about 100 calorie snacks.
  • gailcotton72
    Options
    Wow these r all good going to use some of these when I can't fight temptation any more