Would you rather.... 12/2/08

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    DVR...don't have one anyway :happy: We wanted to get one but Directv charges way too much for High Def DVR. :grumble: It's like $300 (which you will not get back and you can't keep the equipment) and its a pretty high monthly fee too. So we decided against it. And once you have high def......you can't go back to regular picture either :laugh: :wink: So non-high def DVR is NOT an option :laugh:

Me too! I wish we could have one because we always miss the first half of "Biggest Loser" to watch "House". But it's too expensive.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people who have DVR would give it up...I would be lost without it! How else would I catch all the episodes of Gossip Girls and Dirty Sexy Money?? although it was canned! :(

Rent them.

(although, I have days that it makes me :sad: . I have to run screaming from a room if someone starts talking about the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy...I have to wait for this season to make it to DVD...:grumble: )
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    DVR...don't have one anyway :happy: We wanted to get one but Directv charges way too much for High Def DVR. :grumble: It's like $300 (which you will not get back and you can't keep the equipment) and its a pretty high monthly fee too. So we decided against it. And once you have high def......you can't go back to regular picture either :laugh: :wink: So non-high def DVR is NOT an option :laugh:

Kellch, here is what you do..

Call DirecTV. Selected the "Cancel Service" option. When they ask you why you are cancelling, say "our local cable provider is providing free High Def DVRs". I promise you that you'll have your free DVR from DirecTV in a few days. Yes, there is a $10 monthy fee but you should never have to pay for the DVR itself. The key is to select the "Cancel Service" option. DO NOT SELECT THE "UPGRADE OPTION".

writing.gif Got it! Thanks Max....I'll try that :smokin:
  • michelle0920
    Options
    Microwave definitely. Couldn't live without the DVR - I haven't watched a commercial in over a year!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people who have DVR would give it up...I would be lost without it! How else would I catch all the episodes of Gossip Girls and Dirty Sexy Money?? although it was canned! :(

Rent them.

(although, I have days that it makes me :sad: . I have to run screaming from a room if someone starts talking about the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy...I have to wait for this season to make it to DVD...:grumble: )

It jumped the shark. Everyone is sleeping with the ghost.

:mad: :explode: :mad:

READ A BOOK MAXIMUS!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Well obviously I would give up my DVR since I don't have one. Plus I could never eat without my microwave oven!!!

I really do want a DVR-I need to be taping Britney Spears on Good Morning America right now!
    Good thing I got my mom to. Now I just have to wait until Friday to watch it.

Oh I saw that this morning. She looks AMAZING. My goodness....perfect body. I'm so jealous. Brit's back!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Buh-bye microwave!!!!!!!!!! I could NOT give up my DVR!!! No way...no how!!!!!!!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Easy for me too,I hardly ever turrn the TV on anymore except for football.

*high five* (except I have to go hunt someone elses TV down to watch football) :grumble:

The way the Jets played last Sunday I wished I had left it turned off then too.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have a DVR so I'll keep my microwave. Although . . . if I gave up my microwave, I'd lose more weight. hmmmm NAH!! :bigsmile:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My husband hi jaked the DVR for sports all day! Football,UFC you name its programmed, So I'd give up the DVR!!!!:ohwell:
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Microwave!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I don't have a DVR - don't know what I'm missing I guess.

I use my toaster oven way more than my microwave so I guess you can take the DVR and microwave too! :wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Kellch, here is what you do..

Call DirecTV. Selected the "Cancel Service" option. When they ask you why you are cancelling, say "our local cable provider is providing free High Def DVRs". I promise you that you'll have your free DVR from DirecTV in a few days. Yes, there is a $10 monthy fee but you should never have to pay for the DVR itself. The key is to select the "Cancel Service" option. DO NOT SELECT THE "UPGRADE OPTION".

very good thought there!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    UGH - what a horrible choice to make. I'd say give I'd give up the microwave and keep the DVR.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We live too far out in the sticks to get cable, satellite ISP is costing us a gawd-awful amount each month without even THINKING about adding TV so a DVR, while a nice 21st. kind of century gadget to dream about would not be practical for our antenna TV and the 4-5 channels we can pull in, depending on the weather. With the prohibitive cost of propane these days, we try to use it as sparingly as possible, which means the stuff like the microwave, toaster oven, electric roaster, etc. are used on a daily basis (thank God for things like the monthly averaging plan on electricity) and the conventional cookstove gets lonesome :wink: No contest...............leave my microwave alone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.