One day at a time in JANUARY

Options

Replies

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    jhbruiser wrote: »
    I'm in. I've only got 7 to lose and right now I'm losing inches slowly but no more weight loss. Guess that's good but my Dr looks at that number, nothe my hip measurement.

Don't bother about doctor. Every positive change is a victory. :)
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes i am in! I need to make overwelming life changes and trying to get 60 lbs off to be at a much healthier and fitter state looks impossible. I fail because i try to do it all. So this time I am doing it right. Small pieces, looking at today only. Just for today each morning and a few pieces to accomplish in health and other, just for the day. Looking foward to support here and hope i can give some back.
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Yes i am in! I need to make overwelming life changes and trying to get 60 lbs off to be at a much healthier and fitter state looks impossible. I fail because i try to do it all. So this time I am doing it right. Small pieces, looking at today only. Just for today each morning and a few pieces to accomplish in health and other, just for the day. Looking foward to support here and hope i can give some back.

Those 60 lbs will be gone for good with this attitude. You can do it. I hope to prove helpful. :)
  • tonetta51
    tonetta51 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I thought I posted to this yesterday but guess I didn't. Anyway I'm proud of myself for staying under my calories allowed yesterday. Today is a new day to work on and I aim to be diligent.
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    I'm feeling adequately inspired and disciplined right now. Now the focus is not to let the flow disrupt.
  • mrsltb
    mrsltb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm new to the site and need inspiration. I've decided my motto is 50 at 50. I just turned 50 a week ago and need to loose 50 lbs.

I've got to get healthy so I can keep up with my grandson
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    mrsltb wrote: »
    I'm in. I'm new to the site and need inspiration. I've decided my motto is 50 at 50. I just turned 50 a week ago and need to loose 50 lbs.

I've got to get healthy so I can keep up with my grandson

You're so welcome here. We all hope to be your support system as much as we can! Go get those 50 pounds. :)
  • tonetta51
    tonetta51 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty good today, according to mfp I earned 583 calories due to my daily exercise but I didn't eat them so I'm feeling accomplished today.
  • poocon
    poocon Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have quite a bit more to lose than anyone else, I need to lose over 100 lbs. I was under calories for the day though so I have conquered day one! :) Weekends are hard at my house bc my hubby isn't on board but I will do this with or without him, need to do this for me!
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    tonetta51 wrote: »
    I feel pretty good today, according to mfp I earned 583 calories due to my daily exercise but I didn't eat them so I'm feeling accomplished today.

That's so good! Even I don't eat my exercise calories back coz I calculated my caloric limit taking my lightly active lifestyle into consideration.
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    poocon wrote: »
    I'm in too! I have quite a bit more to lose than anyone else, I need to lose over 100 lbs. I was under calories for the day though so I have conquered day one! :) Weekends are hard at my house bc my hubby isn't on board but I will do this with or without him, need to do this for me!

Way to go on winning day 1. You'll lose it all pound by pound. :)
    And maybe your dedication will inspire the rest of the family to take a similar course. Keep at it. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    So yesterday, late night I binged on a not-so-small packet of potato chips. Plus some sweets too. Errrghhhhh!
    I started out strong today and though I'm not very proud of my choices, but I'm under calorie limit till now. Fingers crossed. Need a ton of motivation. :)
  • chandaloser
    chandaloser Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in and I am good at motivation.....bad at practicing what I preach lol! Keep on track. Do not let one little mistake discourage you for the day or the week! Bad choice, forget it and move forward. You can't change it! Make the next meal better! YOU GOT THIS!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation , especially at this time. I'm slow at loosing weight , because for the first time I'm doing this with a lifestyle change. I'm an expert at crash diets. I need to lose about 20 - 25 pounds by June , but since the holidays I've gained a couple of pounds, would have gained more if I didn't work out regularly. Anyway, count me in. Looking forward to your success to keep me motivated too...
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,369 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I have 10 pounds I need to get rid of. (I was up16! a lot of water and bloat...) Holiday gain. Everyday is a struggle. I realize that I cannot have junk or trigger foods in my house. I also realize the danger of a food that wasn't a problem before becoming a problem because it's in the cupboard, so I have to be careful there too.

I have walked and exercised the past three days. I have a Fitbit that I wear all day long, everyday. Over 10 miles and over 20,000 each of the last three days. I have also been off on Winter Break (work for a college district) and I'm back to work tomorrow, so the steps won't be as high after today.

It's actually easier to control my food when I'm at work. I pack my breakfast, lunch and two snacks the night before. I am also paying attention to my water and getting 8 cup down before bed.

Going to walk with my DD in a few minutes then work out to Cathe's Lift It Hit It...Back, Biceps & Shoulders DVD...I just got it yesterday. It's a 52 minute workout. I really like her stuff.

Well, enough of my chatter. Looking forward to the support.

Chris
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    I am in and I am good at motivation.....bad at practicing what I preach lol! Keep on track. Do not let one little mistake discourage you for the day or the week! Bad choice, forget it and move forward. You can't change it! Make the next meal better! YOU GOT THIS!

Thanks a lot darling. Together we'll nail it. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    We all need motivation , especially at this time. I'm slow at loosing weight , because for the first time I'm doing this with a lifestyle change. I'm an expert at crash diets. I need to lose about 20 - 25 pounds by June , but since the holidays I've gained a couple of pounds, would have gained more if I didn't work out regularly. Anyway, count me in. Looking forward to your success to keep me motivated too...

Wow! Quite similar goal. :)
    I'll help you stay on track. Try to keep coming back to the post or add me as friend. We'll do it. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    I'd like to join. I have 10 pounds I need to get rid of. (I was up16! a lot of water and bloat...) Holiday gain. Everyday is a struggle. I realize that I cannot have junk or trigger foods in my house. I also realize the danger of a food that wasn't a problem before becoming a problem because it's in the cupboard, so I have to be careful there too.

I have walked and exercised the past three days. I have a Fitbit that I wear all day long, everyday. Over 10 miles and over 20,000 each of the last three days. I have also been off on Winter Break (work for a college district) and I'm back to work tomorrow, so the steps won't be as high after today.

It's actually easier to control my food when I'm at work. I pack my breakfast, lunch and two snacks the night before. I am also paying attention to my water and getting 8 cup down before bed.

Going to walk with my DD in a few minutes then work out to Cathe's Lift It Hit It...Back, Biceps & Shoulders DVD...I just got it yesterday. It's a 52 minute workout. I really like her stuff.

Well, enough of my chatter. Looking forward to the support.

Chris

Wooah! You're so on the right path. Congrats. And keep at it. :)
    I'll try to be atleast half as good as you. :P
  • JennRutts
    JennRutts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join!

Not sure if I'll be able to post every day but i will try! I started my journey on Saturday after weighing myself, realising i'm the heaviest I have ever been and being absolutely mortified at myself... Aiming to lose 20lbs by the summer which i think is doable. The real challenge will be when I start exams at the end of the month again (I'm training to be an accountant) so I think that will be really hard for me.

Good luck to everyone on their journey! :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    JennRutts wrote: »
    Hi all, I'd like to join!

Not sure if I'll be able to post every day but i will try! I started my journey on Saturday after weighing myself, realising i'm the heaviest I have ever been and being absolutely mortified at myself... Aiming to lose 20lbs by the summer which i think is doable. The real challenge will be when I start exams at the end of the month again (I'm training to be an accountant) so I think that will be really hard for me.

Good luck to everyone on their journey! :)

Hi and welcome. :)
    Having been a student pretty much my entire adult life, I can hear you. My tip is to always keep healthy munchies like carrots, baked apples etc and green tea around. Also, if possible always start your day with a jog/run. That helped me. :)