Fast Metabolism Diet - anyone following

Options
I am starting on Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet tomorrow morning for 28 days. It has challenges. I was wondering if anyone else on here is doing that program.
I have created my menu and grocery list for the week.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    ? I'm afraid to even ask. Is there a "slow metabolism diet?"
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    OP-this is not a friendly place to ask about fad diets. And the 28 day anything is a fad diet.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    What happens after 28 days??

OP: Just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise!! You didn't put on the weight over night don't expect it come off over night!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    What happens after 28 days??

shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif
  • Riccetta365
    Riccetta365 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :D
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So I went to her site to have a look, wow it's fantastic she'll teach you to eat special super foods (low carbs) oh and then there are these special supplements made from pure products, wow what maybe like chilli or ginger, I didn't read it but I bet she will introduce something radical like 30 mins of exercise a day.

Well OP go for it, knock yourself out, enjoy, learn, lose a bit of weight and start your journey.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    So I went to her site to have a look, wow it's fantastic she'll teach you to eat special super foods (low carbs) oh and then there are these special supplements made from pure products, wow what maybe like chilli or ginger, I didn't read it but I bet she will introduce something radical like 30 mins of exercise a day.

Well OP go for it, knock yourself out, enjoy, learn, lose a bit of weight and start your journey.

NO!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh ... Haylie Pomroy again ... the woman that thinks coffee enemas are a good idea ... because they help you "swing into full-on detox mode."
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    After 28 days will I look like Haylie? Is she a muscular 190 pound 48 year old man? No?!?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You don't need that kind of diet. Simply follow a regular diet by watching your calorie intake and excercise 5 or 6 times a week. You'll lose weight over time and keep it off VS some fad diet that takes weight off fast and puts it right back on again once you go back to eating the way you did before.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had to google it because I've never heard of it. First page, what pops up? It's stint on Dr. Oz. RED FLAG!!! I decided to keep trying to figure out what it is without watching it's stupid youtube overview video. I don't need a bunch of BS spouted out at me.

So in a nut shell:
    Monday/Tuesday you eat high-glycaemic, moderate-protein, low-fat (AKA Carbs)
    Wednesday/Thursday you eat high-protein, high-vegetable, low-carbohydrate, low-fat
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday you eat high healthy-fat, moderate-carbohydrate, moderate-protein, low-glycaemic fruit

And then you are not allowed to eat wheat, corn, dairy, soy, refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, dried fruit, artificial sweeteners (except stevia) and fat free diet products.

So basically... it's yet another restrictive diet.

Skip it. What you CAN do is eat a balanced diet of all the foods you love, and the only restriction you have is fitting it into your (hopefully) moderate calorie goal. It's easy, free, and not endorsed by Dr. Oz.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

LOL at "super foods"and supplements made from pure products…what does that even mean?????
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Don't embark on a selling tactic used by people who just want to sell you programs and supplements.
    Weight loss comes down to calorie deficit. Whether you do it from carb reduction, burning more than you consume, or just increasing your TDEE, it's still calories in/out. And what's great is that it's for FREE. This app is here to help you monitor your calories daily.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Seems legit, she says the first meal of the day is like the pilot light that keeps your metabolism going for the rest of the day. I sure don't want my metabolism to stop because I skipped breakfast!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    beachgod wrote: »
    Seems legit, she says the first meal of the day is like the pilot light that keeps your metabolism going for the rest of the day. I sure don't want my metabolism to stop because I skipped breakfast!

not sure if serious or not….
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    not. The internet really needs a sarcasm font. Or I need to get better at it!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    beachgod wrote: »
    not. The internet really needs a sarcasm font. Or I need to get better at it!

LOL I was pretty sure it was sarcasm ….I hoped I was 100% correct..and yes, this site needs sarcasm font for sure...
  • khelmann
    khelmann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh ... Haylie Pomroy again ... the woman that thinks coffee enemas are a good idea ... because they help you "swing into full-on detox mode."
    Thanks for reminding me to do my coffee enema today!!!
  • raeless2011
    raeless2011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the feedback. I had never thought of HP as a fad diet.... and it sounds like some of you don't like Dr. Oz.... I thought he had good info. Thanks for the variety in perspectives.