Options
2»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    what's the difference?

waist trainers are designed to literally "train your waist" they are meant to be worn for extended periods of time- and you condition yourself to wearing them with actual literally transition periods.

Corsets are the old fashioned equivalent of spanx or control top panties- put it on= cinch it up- take it off when you're done.

You can google it corset vs waist trainer- comes right up.

so, your saying the difference is how long you leave it on for
  • bugsybanks
    Options
    I stick to eating healthy and lifting some weights
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Stupid is as stupid does.

jQWDX.gif
    <3
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    what's the difference?

waist trainers are designed to literally "train your waist" they are meant to be worn for extended periods of time- and you condition yourself to wearing them with actual literally transition periods.

Corsets are the old fashioned equivalent of spanx or control top panties- put it on= cinch it up- take it off when you're done.

You can google it corset vs waist trainer- comes right up.

so, your saying the difference is how long you leave it on for

No, waist trainers are made with a different material meant to reshape while a corset it meant to contour.

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    ^^ there was also some sort of weird *kitten* shaper advertised on that page
  • Azexas
    Options
    I have an ad blocker so I guess I didn't see it. But that was the only website I could find that worked on my work computer that explained the difference.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like the posture improvements I get from my weekends of wearing a bodice or corset. I don't do it for that, but like dressing up for renaissance faire, and reap the improved posture from it for a few months. LOL! Improving posture also helps to create the look of a waist.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Hello NO! Also, Kim K said it was great so that alone makes it the stupidest thing out there. HAAA
  • Azexas
    Options
    isrds9mvqihi.jpg

God I hope thats photoshopped lol. I can only imagine what her internal organs look like.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Nope, she has the world record for smallest waist at 15 inches. Her name is Cathie Jung and she lived in a corset/waist trainer for 25 years. I think she just has one misshapen organ now :s
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of Vera Ellen's waist. Just watched White Christmas over the holidays and Im always surprised by her tiny waist.

pgcover452.jpg
    vera-ellen-costume.jpg?3946
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I think it was common to use waist cinchers in the first part of the 20th century. It seems all the leading ladies had impossibly tiny waists.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. I'm into the hourglass look, but those tiny waists are freaking me out!! But then I'm thinking- what it works? Let me get one and keep it on for 25 years. I'm kidding!!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    http://www.cathiejung.com/Sites_of_Interest.htm

I don't know if this will work, but I'm trying to post to a picture that shows what Cathie Jung currently looks like. Doesn't it look like all of her organs were shifted down and out in a weird bulge?
  • Azexas
    Options
    ckholland3 wrote: »
    http://www.cathiejung.com/Sites_of_Interest.htm

I don't know if this will work, but I'm trying to post to a picture that shows what Cathie Jung currently looks like. Doesn't it look like all of her organs were shifted down and out in a weird bulge?

Yeah I see what you mean. I just took a look at the website. Maybe its her intestines not knowing where to go? idk.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I would say it's organs and fat that shifted elsewhere. It looks painful having a waist the size of a neck.. like she'll bend in half if she takes off her corset.