best foods for dropping weight fast

Options
13»

Replies

• NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dropping weight fast is the issue. Yes, if you're very overweight, you can lose faster, but you still shouldn't lose 5 lbs/week except maybe the first week or 2 if you're very overweight. The only real way to lose and keep it off is to stop looking for fast and easy ways to lose. Eat what you should in moderation, get off your behind more, and be patient is the only way to do it. I've been doing just that and managed to lose 40 lbs in 6 months. Lift if muscles are your goal as working the muscles will help you lose weight, too. If large muscles are the goal, the scale doesn't matter as much because muscle weighs a boatload more than fat (and yes, it is true). And finally, eat more protein to prevent muscle degradation. My goal is 35% protein, 35% carbs (-fiber), and 30% fat. Keeps my blood sugar in check and makes me so full I can't even reach my caloric goals if I wanted to.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    mmredd100 wrote: »
    My best tip for you is to accept the fact that it isn't going to happen fast. Once you accept that and commit for the long haul, eat less and move more.

heh- i need more coffee.

I totally read that as the following
    My best tip for you is to accept the fact that it isn't going to happen- you're going to stay fat.

which- I mean- I guess IS an answer- but not one we are trying to promote- snicker.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Salads, flax seeds, and caffeine pills. In that order. Not serious. Maybe.

speed?

Cigarettes and Diet Coke for all but one meal a day "worked" for me in my stupid youthful years.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Salads, flax seeds, and caffeine pills. In that order. Not serious. Maybe.

speed?

Cigarettes and Diet Coke for all but one meal a day "worked" for me in my stupid youthful years.

damn- I should consider it.

This whole cooking/eating/counting thing- so over rated.

plus ciggie and diet coke are legal! WINNING!
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Whose turn is it to hand over the magic beans to the New Year's resolution peeps?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    joeporta wrote: »
    The white porridge like food they ate in the movie 'The Matrix'

'Single cell protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs'

OR
    Nutraloaf

But be warned - if you over eat either of these you will still be a fatty!

if that existed- and I could be full eating it- I would SO eat it.

Cooking is so over rated sometimes. Sometimes i just want to eat- be full and move on LOL
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Maybe some G Frag?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    hashbrowns lots of them
  • NJGamerChick
    Options
    There is a thing sold called Soylent. Have a friend who drinks it. Looks like a plain protein shake. It's apparently composed of all the macro and micronutrients needed to survive.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    There is a thing sold called Soylent. Have a friend who drinks it. Looks like a plain protein shake. It's apparently composed of all the macro and micronutrients needed to survive.

Is it green?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    All of the food.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight then build muscle, all losing the weight FAST will do for you is make you have to gain back far more muscle, because you will lose what muscle you already have.

I agree with the person above who said that your "lose it quickly as possible" attitude may be why you've failed in the past. Do your body a favour and lose sustainably while maintaining lean muscle mass.
  • NJGamerChick
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Is it green?

LOL! That would only make it perfect.
  • lucretiaderoso
    lucretiaderoso Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can lose a fair amount of weight reasonably fast by doing a high protein low starch/sugar diet. Paleo diets are also an easy way to help your body to drop weight a bit faster.

I personally shoot for about 30-40% protein (or near my weight in grams of protein,) and tons of veggies with limits on potatoes, grains and fruits. I also only allow myself to drink 2 cups of coffee with non-sugar/non-fat creamer in a day... after that I ONLY drink water. I spend a LOT of time reading food labels. If I don't know what I am putting in my body, it defeats the whole purpose. When I eat, I focus on how much I am eating and stopping when I feel full. Don't eat out of boredom. Try to avoid eating out IF you can. By switching to a higher protein/fat (about 20-25% fat is reasonable) diet, you will feel fuller longer and you don't crave the carbs and sugars as much.

Look for foods you can enjoy eating of course, but be mindful of what you put in your body. Too much junk makes for harder weight loss in the long term. You should also check with a doctor just to be sure of any conditions you might need to put on your weight loss. Possibly even check if there is a dietitian in you area that has an approach you can follow and believe in.

But the most important thing to realize is that losing weight fast isn't the answer. You can drop 10 pounds in about 2-3 weeks easily because of excess water weight and the like, BUT that it is not realistic to expect your body to maintain that kind of a weight loss. Seriously, your body can NOT sustain itself on a massive calorie deficit and every body responds differently to different foods.

But the other thing you have to realize is that losing weight by food alone isn't going to help you lose 'quickly.' You have to exercise. Find something you enjoy doing that you can easily make time for. For me it's running. Some people love biking, hiking, walking, or swimming... whatever it is: find it. 80 pounds is an admirable goal, but if you don't do it in a way you can maintain long term, it will come right back.

What you should do ideally is break your 80 pound goal into smaller more manageable segments so you don't feel like you are failing for the first 6-8 months.

Also, there will be times where your weight might stagnate. Our bodies weigh less when we lose fat, but weigh more when we gain muscle in its place.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Is it green?

It's people!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Rose6300 wrote: »

Is it green?

It's people!

<3