The best advice you received.

Options

Replies

• ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    For health, eat a vegetable at every meal. Even breakfast.

General advice: if you are hesitant to try something, ask yourself, what is the worst that can happen? If you can live with the answer then go for it. I have found that 99% of the time I go for it. I don't want life to pass me by. And the worst thing I imagine never happens.

I'm not sure. I tried that with Dr Pepper...
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Best advice: Never question a loss
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jr235 wrote: »
    Bump

What does bump mean?
  • ejcanavan
    ejcanavan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" otherwise your dead :)
    Having gone through quite a lot of adversity in my lifetime I know that as long as I pick myself back up and get it together that I will be just fine. I have taught my children that as well.

I also like "Work smarter not harder".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dating:

make a list of everything you want in a partner, then become that list and more - otherwise the person you fall in love with will be getting the short end of the stick.

Changing Your Life:

You can only ease yourself in for a few minutes before you have to just dive in. It's like jumping into the cold ocean, you just dive. Then you adjust the rest of the way once your hair and swimsuit are wet.

Finding Yourself:

The secrets are all in your childhood. Spend real time pondering your little kid self. Picture her. Follow her. Love her.

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I read this today and for some reason it really struck a chord with me:
    “Ask yourself, if there was to be no blame, and if there was to be no praise, who would I be then?" ― Quentin Crisp
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ease into it.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fake it 'til you make it!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Yes. Along with that, eat what you like, just less of it.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    From my mother, when I was in a really bad relationship: "I did not raise you to be treated this way." Wake up call!

In general: "Whether you think you can or can't, you are right."

That I gave to my daughters when they were preteens (according to them, this was a great gift). "I don't care if you bring home a man or a woman, what color they are, what faith they practice. But if you bring home someone who does not treat you respectfully we are going to have a big problem."
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love what Dolvett said on the Biggest Loser "The only excuse you have it the one you make"

"No one ever drowned in sweat" Lou Holtz

My trainer also kept reminding me that I didn't put the weight on over night so it won't come off over night. Keep you mind focus and you will see results.

She also said "never miss a Monday workout." She said that lays the ground work for the week and never go three days without doing some sort of activity.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Simple steps for success in any endeavor - I keep this taped where I can see it in my office:

1. Surround yourself with the right people.
    2. Don't be distracted by negativity.
    3. Execute your plan and achieve the desired results.

• wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    From the book "What to say when you talk to yourself", there are self-affirmations that I still use to this day that really have made a huge difference for me. The brain doesn't know the difference between the messages you give it and "reality".
    I repeat the following to myself frequently:
    I feel great; I look great and the future is wide open.
    I take care of my mind my body and my health.
    I welcome the challenge that each day brings.
    I make my life work for me.
    From my nutritionist seek to pair protein and fiber.
    Great affirmations. I'll be using those. Thanks!

• gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it, people like me.
    -- Senator Stuart Smalley
  • itsfitnessnotrocketscience
    Options
    Best advise for weight loss: "Take. Progress. Pictures." You can't see yourself change like the pictures will show.

Best advise for life: "Sometimes all it takes is 20 seconds of insane courage." If starting the conversation is the hard part, starting is over in easily 20 seconds.

And, actually, I think they go together. Sometimes my weight loss key to success is 20 seconds of insane will power. Order the right dish at the restaurant. Don't pick up the candy bar in the check out line again. Go walk around the block instead of to the pantry for chips. Within 20 seconds, those temptations are over.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Don't let perfection be the enemy of good.

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    "You choose happiness - It doesn't choose you." Seems simple, but it really changed my life at one point. Sometimes you just have to wake up and tell yourself it's going to be a good day, then you make it so. :)
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weightloss wise, a saying that has ALWAYS stuck with me is "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard."

This is fantastic! I want to write this on my bathroom mirror!