TUMMY TUCK....oh my!

Options
124»

Replies

• SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    why dont you just wait til youre done losing weight?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck on Wednesday...and its the best thing that I could have done for myself...

I couldn't lose any more weight...the doctor removed 8lbs of skin!

And he sucked out the fat out of my saddle bags, some inner thigh contouring...and a few other places but the fat was just 2lbs...

I got my boobs done too...and I am soooo glad that I did! I would hate to have this nice flat stomach and then have my saggy pancake boobs hanging over the top, yuck!!!

This is exactly what I want to do when I get to my goal weight! I'm glad to read that you're so happy with it :love:

To the OP, I'd take the general consensus and wait till you're done losing weight, sounds like you'll be a lot happier with the results since that seems to be kind of a "final" step in getting where you want to be aesthetically
  • lologarrett
    lologarrett Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To Pseudomuffin: Thank you for letting me know this slow recovery is normal. It is so frustrating waiting this pain and discomfort out. I am doing better this week than last and hoping it will continue to get better with each week and each DAY. :) The knots and swelling continue to cling to me for dear life! I wish I would have read up on some of the posts on "realself" as there are women who give you the step by step full and realistic recovery process. I would still have done the tummy tuck, but at least would have been more realistic with my recovery expectations.. I like my doctor very much, but he seriously explained the process as being "some discomfort" and that I should be able to do normal activities by the second week post-op. HA!!!! Now I know it is a year long process and just feel like I have a long journey ahead of me. I do like my tummy a whole lot better! ;o) But just do not like how I feel. I still feel like my insides went through a shredder and have that cut in half feeling at a little over 4 weeks. :( The knotting up and spasms in the middle of the night are the worst! It has now been 5 weeks with little sleep and I am so exhausted! My hubby is not realistic about my recovery and feels that I need to be more active and that is why I am so tired, swollen and sore! Oh boy........ He thinks I should be up and running just fine now.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    To Pseudomuffin: Thank you for letting me know this slow recovery is normal. It is so frustrating waiting this pain and discomfort out. I am doing better this week than last and hoping it will continue to get better with each week and each DAY. :) The knots and swelling continue to cling to me for dear life! I wish I would have read up on some of the posts on "realself" as there are women who give you the step by step full and realistic recovery process. I would still have done the tummy tuck, but at least would have been more realistic with my recovery expectations.. I like my doctor very much, but he seriously explained the process as being "some discomfort" and that I should be able to do normal activities by the second week post-op. HA!!!! Now I know it is a year long process and just feel like I have a long journey ahead of me. I do like my tummy a whole lot better! ;o) But just do not like how I feel. I still feel like my insides went through a shredder and have that cut in half feeling at a little over 4 weeks. :( The knotting up and spasms in the middle of the night are the worst! It has now been 5 weeks with little sleep and I am so exhausted! My hubby is not realistic about my recovery and feels that I need to be more active and that is why I am so tired, swollen and sore! Oh boy........ He thinks I should be up and running just fine now.

Hope you feel better soon. I took a good turn at a month in, but it was over 2 months until I really felt myself. I went back to the gym at 6 weeks and it was too soon. Then went back at 8 and felt a lot better about it. now I am 3 months and I feel pretty damn good. I can work out as I wish, my stomach is finally starting to see a good result (my worrisome areas are working themselves out), and I can't even remember the last time I had my binder on.

I think you are close to that turn in the road so hang in there!!!

ETA- oh and I agree, much worse than I imagined. I thought C-section, so piece of cake since I had one. HAHHA NOT!! so much worse.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a breast enlargement probably about this time next year.
    Last time I got to 189 (I am 263 now) I went down to an A cup but stayed very curvy so I wasn't pleased with the results... I hope to get down to around 160 so potentially they could be even smaller.

I may look into lipo when I get to that point for thighs and saddle bags but last time my skin tightened as I lost and I didn't have loose skin.
  • undegs76
    undegs76 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi everyone this is the 1st time ive posted on a site ever lol
    im having a fleur de lis in Bromsgrove on good Friday and im very nervous and could do with some advice please xx
  • undegs76
    undegs76 Posts: 2
    Options
    i am only 5 days post-op...and i have not a single regret having this surgery...

i did get to as a low a weight as i could...159lbs the day of surgery, I am 5ft8"...

overall, I lost 156lbs before i had the surgery....i got the works, lipo, boobs, a fleur di lis tummy tuck...

if you plan on having a tummy tuck then do your research, i have noticed that lots of people look outside of their immediate city to find a better surgeon than what they have locally...

thankfully, i didn't have to look far, my surgeon was local, with over 30 years experience doing reconstructive and cosmetic surgery...

5 days out...i am swollen, sore and at some times miserable, but i would do the past 5 days all over again to get where i am today...best money i ever spent!

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME MORE AND HOW YOU ARE DOING?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsVillano
    Options
    I'm actually scheduled for a Tummy Tuck & breast implant replacement + lift on May 1st. Did you reach your goal?? I would love a recovery buddy!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I have not reached my goal yet, but I am getting close. Good Luck, and please let me know how you are doing.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later. My TT is in a few weeks!!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Whats the updates???
  • nasdeo
    nasdeo Posts: 6
    Options
    I can be a recovery buddy.. I am now 8 weeks post opt :0)
  • nasdeo
    nasdeo Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm actually scheduled for a Tummy Tuck & breast implant replacement + lift on May 1st. Did you reach your goal?? I would love a recovery buddy!

I can be a recovery buddy for anyone.. I am 8 weeks post opt .. Bedt decison I EVER MADE in ny life !
  • StylishMomof2
    Options
    Anyone planning a TT soon? Mine is this Thursday...nervous and excited!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Go post on a plastic surgery site!
    Realself.com is your BFF from now on!

I LOVE Realself!! The support and answers you get there is amazing!! I am 6 weeks post op and couldn't have done it without my girls on realself!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I had a TT done about 10 years ago. I then went on to have 2 babies (I thought I was done!) and although I did get a few very light stretchmarks, my tummy is still pretty flat. I could use a slight revision towards the bottom area but I needed that even before the babies. I was not at goal weight when I had it done, but within about 20 pounds. Much more than that and I would recommend waiting. My surgeon also mentioned the 20 pound range. I am very happy that I had the surgery done although I kind of wished I had known I was going to have more children....I literally felt like i was ripping apart when I got close to full term.
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    kimad - I read so many of these comments and then I came across where you said you had twins and I had to laugh. I had twins over 19 years ago and they cut me from just below my belly button to above my pelvic bone. I have a huge scar on my tummy that looks like a butt. The joke with my kids was... we can't tell if mommy is coming or going. Now 19 years later I'm trying to lose that 25 pounds I haven't been able to get off and hope that some day I can get the TT. I've been told that insurance could possibly pay for a portion of it due to the severity of my scar. Not sure but it's something I'd consider looking into and all these comments and suggestions have been so helpful.