Are there foods you wish you could eat or liked but can't/don't?

Replies

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Onions...love the taste in food but its texture is almost guaranteed to make me sick. I stick to the powdered version.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    mushrooms(alergic) and some types of sushi, i can eat some sushi, but for the all row, or mushy textured stuff my tounge just wont let me swallow it
  • SativaMad
    SativaMad Posts: 171 Member
    Lemon fridge Cheesecake
  • SativaMad wrote: »
    Lemon fridge Cheesecake

Mee too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Onions...love the taste in food but its texture is almost guaranteed to make me sick. I stick to the powdered version.

Sauté them! :)
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    celery , i wish i liked celery. Or fish i wish i could eat fish its all i would eat meat wise, i cant even eat tuna... =[
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    and egg whites, seriously folks that runny nasty bit of scrambled egg white has your belly growling? I don't believe it.
  • I cannot eat mushy fruits! Like if a banana is slightly overripe, I can't eat it. I like it when my fruits are firm. Also, cooked carrots. Blegh!
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    raisins..they freak me out...and tickle my mouth/teeth
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    So many good responses! Again -- thank you to all who have responded so far. I am feeling like much less of a picky eater now for not liking mushrooms!
  • Negriita2010
    Negriita2010 Posts: 45 Member
    hate celery its do disgusting to me
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I wish I liked zucchini. It's okay raw, but I can't stand it cooked.

I wish I could eat a good, crusty piece of baguette. I haven't had any gluten in the almost 18 years since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. There's a lot I wish I could eat. Good pizza. Good bread. A decent beer.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Oranges and cottage cheese and oatmeal.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    No, but there's a lot I wish I didn't like! xD
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    I wish I didn't like cookies--I have such a sweet tooth and can convince myself that "one cookie won't hurt". yeah right-when has anyone ever eaten ONE cookie?!?!! Certainly not me or I wouldn't be here with weight to lose!!!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Oh, and hummus, the name sounds like dirt :o

You don't like it because of the name? Couldn't you just call it something else?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    No. There are very few foods I dislike, so not liking them does not restrict my diet in any way.

Kale is one. I gave it two tries made two very different ways...hated both. So I moved on. There are many very healthy foods in the world...there is no magic to kale.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I wish I liked zucchini. It's okay raw, but I can't stand it cooked.

This past summer my MIL saw me eating zucchini raw and thought I was crazy. They live on a farm and have grown zucchini for decades, yet she'd never even tried it raw.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Me too! I'm 47 and it's my new year's resolution to learn to like coffee this year!

Any suggestions?

I learned to drink it by first mixing hot cocoa mix with it... which I grasp adds a few calories! But it got me used to the taste. It actually only took me one morning of hot cocoa + coffee before I moved on to black coffee.

Sardines are the things I keep trying to eat and failing. Cheap, convenient, nutritious and... just can't do it! I'm going to keep trying, though. My tastes keep expanding as I get older, so hopefully they will expand to include sardines.

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Gotta add two more for my list. Can't do seafood. The texture of almost all fish (except the canned tuna) grosses me out and crab made me HORRIBLY sick. Also, not a fan of avocados either. Guacaole tastes like dirt to me. I don't know why!