What are the best underwear to wear to work out in?

Options
This question is specifically for the ladies, but men's answers are also welcome. I have a very difficult time finding what type and material of underwear will be comfortable during a workout, so far I have had no luck finding any that do not get annoying at some point during the workout

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's really a personal preference. Have you tried going commando? I personally prefer thongs, but I know plenty of women find wearing nothing is most comfortable.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I find going commando to be the easiest and most comfortable option. But maybe that's just me lol
  • betsapp91
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    It's really a personal preference. Have you tried going commando? I personally prefer thongs, but I know plenty of women find wearing nothing is most comfortable.
    So far I have found thongs to be the least uncomfortable, but they can often be abrasive...

I find going commando to be the easiest and most comfortable option. But maybe that's just me lol
    I would like to try this, but what kind of pants would be appropriate? I normally wear leggings to the gym but i'm afraid of the see-thru factor if there's nothing underneath lol
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I also prefer to wear thongs - anything else rides up and drives me nuts. Cotton is probably the best fabric to go with, as it breathes better.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    betsapp91 wrote: »
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    So far I have found thongs to be the least uncomfortable, but they can often be abrasive...

I would like to try this, but what kind of pants would be appropriate? I normally wear leggings to the gym but i'm afraid of the see-thru factor if there's nothing underneath lol

I just wear workout leggings. I haven't had any trouble with them being see through. At least not that I'm aware of lol
  • betsapp91
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice ladies. I recently bought workout leggings today so I will try commando and if that doesn't work, I'll just stick to thongs.

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options

Sooo what gym do YOU go to?

Heart+Eye.gif
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Commando for me - everything else is just plain yicky.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Clean one's
  • j3rmwarfare
    Options
    Following...for reasons.
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    Commando.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm going to offer an alternative to cotton. I've learned from the runners that you want wicking fabric, and cotton is the worst. Cotton grabs that moisture and hangs on to it. The goal to reduce chafing and to do that, get the moisture away from your skin.

When I was researching triathalons last week, the suggestion was cycling shorts, commando.

You may also want to look in to bodyglide.

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I mostly prefer thong... but ones with thin straps. In Canada - La Senza has awesome ones - barely notice you're wearing them.. and like 7 for $35
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For comfort, I prefer no panties. If I plan to make a little money after my workout, I use cotton - I believe someone else above mentioned that it holds moisture, and that's where the dolla dolla bills are.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    None. I feel most comfortable when I'm not wearing underwear. Last night I did wear some snug fitting boy shorts to my barre class and they didn't move around at all, so those might be another option for me. I would say though because everyone's body type is different you really have to try different options until you find something that works for you.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    SofaKingRad_II Posts: 591
    edited January 2015
    Options
    verymissk wrote: »
    For comfort, I prefer no panties. If I plan to make a little money after my workout, I use cotton - I believe someone else above mentioned that it holds moisture, and that's where the dolla dolla bills are.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT GYM YOU GO TO!

Just general stuff is all I need to know. Like:

1) Gym name.
    2) Gym address.
    3) Hours you're there.
    4) Where you sit (for seat sniffing later, of course).

You won't even know I'm there I promise! I'll just hide behind the abductor machine :)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I prefer no panties, too. Just compression shorts under running or basketball shorts.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i personally wear Asics runner's briefs for cardio. they don't ride up and they absorb moisture super well. i generally go commando when lifting though. like others have said, it's all personal preference