Anyone following the Whole30 program

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is following the Whole30 program, I am just starting day 3 and would love some support.

Replies

• CelebriKEY
    CelebriKEY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my 2nd day on Whole30. I have gotten some delicious recipe ideas from http://againstallgrain.com/

good luck!
  • JulieDevany
    JulieDevany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on Saturday! Working up to it this week by eliminating new things daily...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting it.. started today. I normally eat so many legumes though, so I'll see how long I last!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I've done several. We have a great fb group for support, if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/
  • kajulian
    kajulian Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

• kajulian
    Options
    Today was Day 4 for me, it seems to be going ok, I started reading the book last week, then got the flu, last Friday / Saturday so when I finally felt like eating I was already food free for about 40 hrs. I think that helped me with my sugar withdrawal. I am eating just shy of daily caloric intake according to MyFinessPal. I find I get hunger pangs but then they pass quickly so I think it's just my body trying to get used to not eating between meals
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I follow this lady on instagram and her advice is solid and she's currently doing another round so it's great seeing pics of her meals every day for inspiration and ideas:
    http://keastydownunder.blogspot.com.au/
  • kajulian
    Options
    Thanks I'll check it out
  • leahszrk
    Options
    I'm lurking here because as soon as my 2 weeks are up with Dr. Oz's Total 10...I'm going straight in to it!

I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to sweet potatoes about right now!!! :s
  • kajulian
    Options
    Be strong lol, it will pass! I haven't checked out Dr. Oz's program
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    leahszrk wrote: »
    I'm lurking here because as soon as my 2 weeks are up with Dr. Oz's Total 10...I'm going straight in to it!

I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to sweet potatoes about right now!!! :s

:p

• dovelette
    Options
    I'm on day 7...lost lbs so far (I'm sure it's water weight, being retained from all the holiday junk). I've had a lot of success with low carb paleo in the past. I have some fantastic recipes that I've been using - haven't missed a thing!
  • RosesandRadishes
    RosesandRadishes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have tried it last year and going to do it in feb again
  • leahszrk
    Options
    kajulian wrote: »
    Be strong lol, it will pass! I haven't checked out Dr. Oz's program
    Thanks gal!

Just whatever you do....DO NOT mention.... "that doctor's name"...out there! *shifty paranoid eyes*
    They will eat you alive for protein and spit out your bones like a pack of rabid wolves!!!
    I got ripped a new one last night.
    :D *thumbs up*

It's just a strict no sugar, no alcohol, quinoa-only-carb, no pork/red meat, high-protien 2 week overhaul.
    For this fat chick who has been eating like I'm still preggo two years after my kid's birth and Red Robin is a food group...the strictness is exactly what I need to get back on track.

I weighed 223 on Monday morning and weighed in this morning at 217.4.
    That's all the proof I need. :)
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm on day 1 today. This is my second Whole 30. Did it last year but only managed 21 days. I shouldn't have quit as I felt fantastic but the sugar dragon got to me. Good luck to you all.
  • mrazon1
    Options
    I actually looked up the program after reading your post and I am starting today.
  • jedi_jill
    Options
    What is it I have never heard of it.
  • kajulian
    Options
    Whole30 is like paleo but with no grains or dairy
  • kajulian
    Options
    I'm starting it on Saturday! Working up to it this week by eliminating new things daily...
    SnicciFit wrote: »
    I'm on day 6. I've done several. We have a great fb group for support, if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/

• kajulian
    Options
    Thanks for the FB page I just joined it