10 pound countdown to the New Year....

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I am excited to have all of you here!

Anyone have any tips, recipes?

Here's my goals...

64 oz water daily, 1300 calories, exercise 3 x /wk (I have been very bad at this recently-time has been getting away from me my father in law is in hospital and we are there every evening after work and I hate mornings!)

I just want to remind some of you on here that are close to your goal that 10 pounds is alot in a month so don't beat yourself up if you don't quite get there - I've heard it gets harder and harder the closer you are to your goal.....I can't wait for that challenge! We will celebrate every portion of a pound gone from each of us!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am in I would love to lose 10lbs before the new year. I hope im not to late.

I drink 8 bottles of water a day or atleast try to and only eat 1200 calories a day.

I try to walk 3x a week.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I need 8 lbs to make 40 lost for this year. I will join you. Now if I can just remember all the challenges I am in LOL

Connie
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Count me in, 10 would be awesome, but i'll aim for 6 by new years eve.

CW: 146
    GW: 140
    Ultimate Goal: 112
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So I weighed today and forgot to log it - if I can remember correctly it's at least a half pound less possibly a pound - I'll have to weigh and log tomorrow hopefully with some good news!

After reading a post a little while ago I've been craving pastrami - i am going to grocery store to see if there's turkey pastrami to put on rye - mmmmmmm.

I haven't started water - must drink water - everyone say it with me - must drink water....
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    I'm in...

If its not too late that is :smile:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips......
    Its been suggested that it helps around the holidays to weigh yourself 2x's a week instead of once.
    It helps keep you on track and another tip.....never show up to a party hungry.....
    Also if you check out hungrygirl.com she has tons of holiday recipes that are good and low cal and fat.
    Anyone else have some tips to share?
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I think letting your family know what you are trying to accomplish is an important step. It allows them the opportunity to help you and it provides some level of accountability.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hungry girl has some AWESOME recipes. I use the website and her book. In the book there's a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes with caramel drizzle - well I doubled the cake portion of the recipe made it as a pumpkin pie cake for thanksgiving with fat free cool whip on top instead of the caramel for my convenience - it was the first desert to go everyone loved it - it was SOOOOO good. My dad ate 4 or 5 pieces over the days he was here - he couldn't beleive it was "good" for you

I try not to go anywhere hungry and if I have a craving, I try drinking 16 oz of water before I eat. Usually I end up not needing the snack I was looking for. i don't prohibit anything - I eat something if I've really asked myself is it worth it?? If it is, I'll just eat in moderation and be careful with the next meal or add in some exercise. Good for me and allows more calories.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I think 10 pounds is a little too much for me to lose in just 1 month, so I'm aiming for 7...Put me at an even 155!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be an official weigh in day?? To check in once a week or something?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'll join, my mini goal is to get to pre preg weight by Christmas so I have 7 to lose by then. I can do 10 lbs by new years!!

Must drink water Must drink Water MUST DRINK WATER. I've been trying to drink over 100 oz every day. It's a lot easier then I thought it would be. I usually get half down in the morning and the finish the other half from lunch to bedtime.

Good luck to everyone. We can do it!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Tips: I like to go for walks with my family around Christmas. We can talk and admire the Christmas decorations and it also helps with digestion :wink: . Now, mind you, that's in Europe...
  • natalia221
    Options
    I would like to join as well

10 lbs by new years

CW: 145
    New years : 135
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I want to join!! I just walked for the first time yesterday since my surgery, 1st time in 3 weeks. I figure if I could go through 3 weeks with NO exercise AND Thanksgiving and lose 2 more pounds then I would LOVE to be 10 pounds lighter by the new year!! I REALLY need the encouragement and you guys and girls are the BOMB!!:bigsmile:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I will join. I am beating myself up today and my friend has talked me into joining. sigh...... I really need to lose 20 by Valentine's Day , so to lose 10 by the end of the year would really jump start me again. :sad:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll like to join this. I still have 13lb to go to my target weight, so a good way to get there sooner. Please count me in.

CW 164.5
    TW 152
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I am curious: how exactly does this countdown work?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just can never find the feed again. :explode: :laugh: :explode:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    chrissy is there a day we are gonna report to you to say this is what we lost or this week?