What are you having/cooking for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Just a steak and a greek salad, I believe. Got some stuff to do. Tomorrow night though... tomorrow I get a brand new oven and cooktop, and I'm going to break that baby in with a FEAST.

Oh snap!
  • Abberration
    Options
    Steamed butternut squash, sugar snap peas, roasted chicken, and few fingerling potatoes. Yum!!
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is my favorite. Its smells and taste fantastic. Not only do I cook with it. I make a Cuban coffee skin rub with it. ( coffee grounds, Vitamin E oil and coconut oil mixed together).
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have been working my way through Dr. Oz's Total 10 Protein Bowls. Tonight it was the Italian Bowl. doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-italian-bowl

It was delicious! The Chinese Chicken and Thai Chicken was also very good too. The instructions are very vague for each recipe so you have to just add the amounts you like. Example the dressing for the Thai bowl is way too much for a single bowl. You will have leftovers. The recipe does not explain that. But all in all I am enjoying the recipes. Very tasty!
  • flabassmcgee
    Options
    I made bulk steel cut oats toasted in coconut oil, then added shredded coconut, stevia and chocolate chips to make 'Almond Joy' oatmeal. It smelled and tasted rad.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti with meat sauce and a side of garlic bread... So much yum!
  • ovinas1
    Options
    I made bulk steel cut oats toasted in coconut oil, then added shredded coconut, stevia and chocolate chips to make 'Almond Joy' oatmeal. It smelled and tasted rad.

How do you cook that up. Im gonna make it. Yummy
  • flabassmcgee
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »

Adapted from this recipe.

I used almond milk instead of 1%. :) I also added chopped almonds, meant to mention that.
  • leigh_chapman
    leigh_chapman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Had a nice pseudo-healthy turkey/peppers/onions fajita type stir-fry in a tortilla. Just as I was finishing, well-meaning neighbor brought over WARM homemade raisin bread with black rum-soaked raisins. So much restraint to have just 1 piece!
  • ovinas1
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »

Adapted from this recipe.

I used almond milk instead of 1%. :) I also added chopped almonds, meant to mention that.

Got it thanks. I also love oats.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Red Robin, Probably the Avacobbo Salad :)
  • itsjasonduh
    Options
    Spinach salad with colby cheese, grilled chicken, and red and orange peppers, and fat free dressing. :D
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had enchilada casserole with ground turkey and corn tortillas, cut the fat and calories almost in half of my original recipe :)
  • mslovelykj
    mslovelykj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Skinny chicken and mushrooms in garlic white wine sauce, steamed veggies and yellow rice.
  • brissie71
    brissie71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've got a fridge full of leftovers, so it's a choice between pea and ham soup, butter chicken or Sloppy Joes - all made from scratch.
  • walkinbyfaith
    Options
    I had this. It was awesome.

I subbed margarine for real butter. Margarine is gross. Also had whole wheat rotini on hand, so I used that instead of egg noodles. So tasty!

• shelbyjones106
    Options
    Baked salmon and vegetables
  • walkinbyfaith
    Options
    Thank you furious for reminding me about "this". I saved the recipe in my recipe box and hope to make it for supper tomorrow. I keep forgetting about them.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I made a new recipe. Oat bran pancakes. I modified it to lower calories. It was amazing! Best part, my husband the pancake, hater raved, and went back for seconds!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I had a serving of wheat thins & a piece of string cheese.
    Dinner is _usually_ 200-300 calories.
    (Lunch today was huge... breakfast & lunch together.)

51637601.png