What do you hate most about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Have to actively and consciously think about it every minute of every day. It's work all. the. time. Don't get me wrong, it's well worth it, but sometimes the conscious effort gets exhausting.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of women talking about their boobs. Believe it or not, some men don't care about boobs and their size all that much.

My issues with losing weight is sometimes the diet feels restrictive. Having to weigh stuff out all the time makes me think about food way too much. Other than that I am not too bothered.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    I see a lot of women talking about their boobs. Believe it or not, some men don't care about boobs and their size all that much.

Well aware. Did you ever stop to think that it's not about what others think of them, but how you see yourself? You're allowed to not like certain things about yourself. It's not always about the other person or to be "appealing" to somebody. You can just not like things about yourself. It happens.

• Sinistrous
    Options
    Have to actively and consciously think about it every minute of every day. It's work all. the. time. Don't get me wrong, it's well worth it, but sometimes the conscious effort gets exhausting.

Sounds like you need to take a break to hone in on what works for you to stay at maintenance. If it's doing your head it, time to stop and re-evaluate.
  • LAMCDylan
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    having to spend more money on clothes because my old ones don't fit and then i bought new ones that ultimately didn't fit either by the time i got around to wearing them.

True. I bought a shirt a few days before Xmas and have not worn it yet. I have a feeling it is going to be a little big on me now. There is a pair of pants that are too big and i can't wear them anymore. I also have a sweater that I like which is getting looser.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How long it takes!!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My issues with losing weight is sometimes the diet feels restrictive. Having to weigh stuff out all the time makes me think about food way too much. Other than that I am not too bothered.

^ That happens to me too.

I have a lot of loose belly skin from pregnancy and 70 lb weight loss. I'm considering having surgery at some point.

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Well aware. Did you ever stop to think that it's not about what others think of them, but how you see yourself? You're allowed to not like certain things about yourself. It's not always about the other person or to be "appealing" to somebody. You can just not like things about yourself. It happens.

I can't read your replies because they just mesmerise me. :smiley:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    dfranch wrote: »
    I'm cold all the time. I used to be warm all the time, but not anymore.

Guess it depends on how much fat you lost but you could build muscle which will warm you a little for the same reason the fat did. :smile:
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    What do I hate about losing weight? Hmmmmm.............Patience, I guess I would have to say the worst part is how long it takes.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    i lost my boobies!
  • LAMCDylan
    Options

I am well aware of this too and can relate. Sorry if it came out the wrong way but it wasn't my intentions.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Patience is definitely a big one for me. I hate that I still see no change in my body after being at it for over a year. Oh, and I hate my own inability to stay consistent. Sigh.

And amen about the boobs...that is, idgaf what guys like, lol. BUT, I wouldn't mind if the weight came off my boobs as well. I'm not overly fond of large ones (on me). Makes the buttons on my shirts act funny :/
  • Sinistrous
    Options

I can't read your replies because they just mesmerise me. :smiley:

Lol, I'm sorry xD
    Should I remove the colors, perhaps? -nodnod-
  • LAMCDylan
    Options
    Yeah I would like the belly to go down quicker. But I think the internal transformation is just as important as the external. Maybe I am different than some people but I feel like my outward appearance doesn't define me the most. In fact, if I do not give something a lot of thought and be 100% behind it I feel like I could do something I would not be happy with. Sometimes we act on things when we aren't in the right mind. Say, you broke up with someone or you have a belief that if you look a certain way people will start liking you. For me, losing weight and getting fit makes me feel better inside and does give me more confidence. However, I like to move at a slower pace so I can absorb the experience and have my body and mind in sync with each other. I feel with lots of things in life you gotta have a good head on your shoulders about it. I've done some things in the past and felt it actually hurt my image.

Believe it or not, losing weight sometimes bothers me. Because I feel no matter how I look I will still be 100% there for myself. Therefore, I really have to dig deep and do things that "I" want. I hope you guys can understand what I am saying.
  • kimberlyspanton
    kimberlyspanton Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    1. I'm lazy....
    2. I love good food, and its hard to eat better (But I am doing it ;) )
    3. I hate going to the gym, because I don't love when people watch me work out.
    4. Its hard! Which is totally unfair....because I can gain weight extremely easy. Stupid body.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    1. I'm lazy....
    4. Its hard! Which is totally unfair....because I can gain weight extremely easy. Stupid body.

Do you have a condition?
  • kimberlyspanton
    Options
    1. I'm lazy....

Do you have a condition?

No......my body just hates me
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    1. I'm lazy....

Do you have a condition?

How many cals you consuming at the moment? ;o
  • kimberlyspanton
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1. I'm lazy....

Do you have a condition?

How many cals you consuming at the moment? ;o

Probably close to 900 - per day