New Balance N4 HRM Help Please!!!!!!

Options
kkmark
kkmark Posts: 558 Member
Hello my MFP friends

i bought new balace n4 HRM model on monday. Just wore it 2 days was surprised by the way it showed me cal burned for my zumba class i was not sure if i worked so much hard

i want to know if this gives accurate cal. burned and Can you also help me undrstand the Max & Min heart rate should i be changing this when i change my level of exercise

Please any tips

Thanks
Kathy

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with that brand. Does it have a chest strap? Did ask you to enter your age, weight , and height when setting it up?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I trust mine with what it says I have burned. As far min and max heart rate, I don't know the equation to get those so you may need to Google that but no they don't change with different exercise.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Umm i've seen this before (HRM) and I feel kinda silly, but what is an HRM??
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh duh lol.
    Thank you :laugh:
  • kalmark
    kalmark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    its does calculate right cal burn i suppose mine does
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Teasem - yes it does have a chest strap and i did enter my age,height weight but max n min heart rate confuses me

reese66 - when i read instructions it shows diff. max heart rate and min heart rate for low ,medium n high intensity workout

so confused

Thanks guys

Kathy
  • STARG1RL
    STARG1RL Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I now know that I have the same HRM... But I think my hubby recalibrated it for himself the other day, so unless I reset it (I still don't understand how to use it), I'm sol :wink: G/l figuring yours out Kathy!