Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone following the Whole30 program

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is following the Whole30 program, I am just starting day 3 and would love some support.

Replies

• CelebriKEY
    CelebriKEY Posts: 6 Member
    Hello! This is my 2nd day on Whole30. I have gotten some delicious recipe ideas from http://againstallgrain.com/

good luck!
  • JulieDevany
    JulieDevany Posts: 6 Member
    I'm starting it on Saturday! Working up to it this week by eliminating new things daily...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I'm attempting it.. started today. I normally eat so many legumes though, so I'll see how long I last!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    I'm on day 6. I've done several. We have a great fb group for support, if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/
  • kajulian
    kajulian Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015

• kajulian
    Today was Day 4 for me, it seems to be going ok, I started reading the book last week, then got the flu, last Friday / Saturday so when I finally felt like eating I was already food free for about 40 hrs. I think that helped me with my sugar withdrawal. I am eating just shy of daily caloric intake according to MyFinessPal. I find I get hunger pangs but then they pass quickly so I think it's just my body trying to get used to not eating between meals
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    I follow this lady on instagram and her advice is solid and she's currently doing another round so it's great seeing pics of her meals every day for inspiration and ideas:
    http://keastydownunder.blogspot.com.au/
  • kajulian
    Thanks I'll check it out
  • I'm lurking here because as soon as my 2 weeks are up with Dr. Oz's Total 10...I'm going straight in to it!

I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to sweet potatoes about right now!!! :s
  • kajulian
    Be strong lol, it will pass! I haven't checked out Dr. Oz's program
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    leahszrk wrote: »
    I'm lurking here because as soon as my 2 weeks are up with Dr. Oz's Total 10...I'm going straight in to it!

I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to sweet potatoes about right now!!! :s

:p

• I'm on day 7...lost lbs so far (I'm sure it's water weight, being retained from all the holiday junk). I've had a lot of success with low carb paleo in the past. I have some fantastic recipes that I've been using - haven't missed a thing!
  • RosesandRadishes
    RosesandRadishes Posts: 10 Member
    Have tried it last year and going to do it in feb again
  • kajulian wrote: »
    Be strong lol, it will pass! I haven't checked out Dr. Oz's program
    Thanks gal!

Just whatever you do....DO NOT mention.... "that doctor's name"...out there! *shifty paranoid eyes*
    They will eat you alive for protein and spit out your bones like a pack of rabid wolves!!!
    I got ripped a new one last night.
    :D *thumbs up*

It's just a strict no sugar, no alcohol, quinoa-only-carb, no pork/red meat, high-protien 2 week overhaul.
    For this fat chick who has been eating like I'm still preggo two years after my kid's birth and Red Robin is a food group...the strictness is exactly what I need to get back on track.

I weighed 223 on Monday morning and weighed in this morning at 217.4.
    That's all the proof I need. :)
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    I'm on day 1 today. This is my second Whole 30. Did it last year but only managed 21 days. I shouldn't have quit as I felt fantastic but the sugar dragon got to me. Good luck to you all.
  • I actually looked up the program after reading your post and I am starting today.
  • What is it I have never heard of it.
  • kajulian
    Whole30 is like paleo but with no grains or dairy
  • kajulian
    I'm starting it on Saturday! Working up to it this week by eliminating new things daily...
    SnicciFit wrote: »
    I'm on day 6. I've done several. We have a great fb group for support, if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/

• kajulian
    Thanks for the FB page I just joined it