2015 walk/bike/jog/run with jeanniewes

Options

Replies

• jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,693 Member
    Options
    YES WELCOME kasiaj..... I did not reach my goal last month. just do the best you can..

Monday Jan 5th....................2.0 Miles
    Tuesday Jan 6th....................3.25 Miles

TOTAL thus far.........................15.75 miles.....
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Nasty flu-like symptoms. It's that time of the year... :\

1.47 miles

18.94 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    so sorry jesiann. I've already been there..ughhhhhhhhhh

TODAY was Mall walking/shopping. Too cold for anything else.

3.0 Miles slower pace mall walking....

TOTAL Jan 7th.................18.75 Miles.....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Thank you, Jeannie. A bit better today. Back to work anyway...
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday:

1.36 miles

20.30 Total miles
  • 20HJIGSAW
    20HJIGSAW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I walk on average over 10000 steps daily which is about 5 miles. I have been doing some research and they say that a very active person walks about 10000 steps a day. MFP profile I have it as very active which takes in walking/steps into account but what about the steps or miles above 10000 do I log those calories? Thanks in advance.
  • gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Been out for another little run and agreed to do a half marathon after work on the 31st :( see how it goes. Only small rides to work but made sure to keep the speed up around 18-20.

So 107.1 Ridden and 10 Run so 1/6 of the way to target.

Welcome to kasiaj and jigsaw. If you feel like you have had an "over active" day then maybe add some extra if not then leave them off. If you target calories are wrong the scales and way you feel is the quickest to tell you.

Jesiann and jeannie if your feeling the sniffles wrap up, fill a drinks bottle with lemsip and keep at it :) the bottle will keep your hands warm and help with the symptoms
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Wet and cold over my way, guys. Gruff, thanks for the health tips. ;) Though I'm not sure what a lemsip is... Maybe lemon water? Either way, I'm back on my feet. Feeling much better.

Post for yesterday:

2.42 miles

22.72 Total miles
  • jeanniewes
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome JIGSAW! I use too go by FF calories/exercise/etc. In all honesty I will say that it is not always correct. It really depends on your weight/stride etc as far as walking goes. I KNOW THIS because I always trusted my Treadmil readings. I purchased a Pedometer. I wear it on my wrist. I found that it was more accurate and gave me less calories worked off than the Treadmil did. I was told that Pedometers are more accurate. I would not worry so much about it though IF you dont have a pedometer. My motto is AS LONG AS YOUR MOVING AND DOING YOUR BEST YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can LOG calories if you want too. I do that in MY Diary section of FF but you can do whatever you want. We have no RULES HERE other than TOO MOVE!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday we went back too the Mall (even though it is far away but we had errands too do as well) so I could get in another walk. It has been bitterly cold here. Suppose too be that way next four days. Looks like I will have too either walk on the treadmil or use the Exercise Bike....

Yesterday Jan 8th..............2 miles only..

TOTAL Jan 9th.................20.75 walking miles...
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    ok I'm back. End of day...

Jan 9th.................small walk.......... 1.0 Mile.....just too cold :'(
    .............................exercise Bike......6.0 Miles.................... :)

TOTAL JAN 9TH.........................21.75 walking miles...
    ....................................................6.0 Exercise Bike miles...
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Jesi's back too!!! And feeling soooooo much better, thank you very much. ;)
    Even hit the weights a bit which felt truly sublime.
    Forgot to post last night so here it is:

4.97 miles

27.69 total miles

Welcome to the weekend, guys!!
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Glad you are feeling much better jesiann.... :)

Still so cold here. I just don't do well with outside walking on this type of day...

Jan 10th.......................outside walking 1 mile....
    ....................................exercise Bike 6.6 miles....

TOTAL Jan 10th...............22.75 walking miles.......
    ........................................12.6 exercise bike miles...
  • gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that your both feeling better. The wind here is crazy no fun on the bike.

Not really ventured out much on the bike so 138. Did manage to run back from the parents though 18.1. No break in the weather this week so struggleing to get some distance :(
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Hey guys!! My goodness, what a laaaaaazzzzzy weekend! The weather was cold and rainy and dreary... Yes, I could have utilized my trusty treadmill... But alas, it took the weekend off too. So, the following total is somewhat... dismal. **wince**

4.16 miles

31.85 total miles

Merry Monday, fellow loggers!! :#
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    I took Sunday off as well. I was having a tingling in my neck and shoulders. TODAY I am having severe tighteness and pain. I completed a very small dose of med at 7a.m on Sunday. IF tomorrow is worse than today then I will indeed have too see my Doctor. The next thing is a CT scan or MRI.

YOU GUYS CARRY ON.....YOU'RE DOING GREAT!.....Just do the best you can. I WILL check in from time too time. I am in hopes I can at least do an exercise bike ride here and there....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Geez, Jeannie, I sure pray you're ok. Please keep us posted. <3
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Thanks. I will. I have a Dr appointment 11 a.m Wednesday. By days end I realized I was right back where I was 11 days ago. Med only masked the problem.
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    OK The good thing is that my exercise bike has an adjustment where you are not sitting right on the handle bars. By letting my seat back AND I have a back rest on the bike I was able too do a 3.3 miles ride and then late evening another 3.3 miles ride...

Jan 12th total 22.75 walking miles.....
    ........................19.2 exercise bike miles....
  • jesiann2014
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Guess what today is???? My one-year mark as a member of MFP! Yep, one year ago today I joined up here and have learned A LOT. :)

4.41 miles

36.26 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I'm glad you're here!
    I don't even know when I started here but it has been over 3 years I think.

Hate not doing much. Drives me insane! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Only 3.3 exercise bike miles this evening....had a rough morning...

Jan 13th TOTAL thus far 22.75 walking miles..........
    ......................................22.50 exercise bike miles....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning! Jeannie, today is your dr appt. Let us know how that goes. And Gruff, where are you hiding? :)

3.91 miles

40.17 total miles