Is there a lo carb bread for lo carb diet???

Options
2»

Replies

• denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ezekial bread and ezekial raisan bread are your best bets. Because they are the sprouted grains, they don't convert to all carbs in your system. When I want to treat myself, I get the raisan bread and put peanut butter on it. So good. I then decrease my carbs for other meals.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat fairly low carb and sandwiches are among my favorite foods. It's easier to make your own substitutes in most cases than to buy something. There are tons of recipes out there with almond flour or almond butter or with coconut flour. You can make whole loaves or there are microwave mug cake versions that do in a pinch. There's one recipe out there using cheese, egg, and coconut flour that I use for sandwiches, pizzas, quesadillas, bread sticks, pretty much everything. I know most of the low-carb bread products around here (Toronto) are made by smaller local companies and not available outside the area. There's a raw vegan company that makes a green super food wrap that's great for wrapped sandwiches. There's a company that makes a loaf with like 7 grams in two slices but the name escapes me. On a larger scale there are paleo wraps and pure wraps available online and in some health food stores that are nothing like bread but that do a good job of holding meat, cheese, and vegetables in a sandwich-like way. I really encourage you to find something to fill the craving for emergency situations but the longer you eat this way the less likely you are to crave bread. At least that's what's happened to me and I was a 2-3 sandwich per day kind of guy.
  • chantyc1
    chantyc1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • christinegallwitz77
    Options
    I found a light white rice flax loaf at Kroger/King Soopers. It has 7g of crabs per slice. It's not as tasty as real bread so I usually spruce it up and do it like french toast. Dip in egg and fry in coconut oil, add avacado, bacon and cheese....mmmmmm!