always hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You're consistently eating under your calorie goal. It's not just today, which I understand you said you didn't complete, but every day that you've tracked, you've left between 200 and 450 or so calories. You definitely have room to eat more, and should since you're usually below 1200 calories each day.

As for what to eat, try having a snack with fat in it. Fat is the most satiating of the macros, and more recent studies have shown that the fearmongering over the last few decades was completely unfounded. Eating fat is fine, and can make you feel full. Nut butters, avocados, something with olive oil or coconut oil, those are all good choices.

Lately I've been making frosting out of coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa, and just a little honey and cinnamon, and smearing it on homemade crepes. It's a great snack with less than 250 cals, lots of fat, a bit of protein, and it's deliciously decadent.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    saradsilva wrote: »
    Do you think 2 whole wheat bread /slices a day its bad?im always fussing thats to much carbs,maybe im becoming paranoid about this!

No. You're getting plenty of protein and your fat is adequate. Enjoy your bread.
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you think 2 whole wheat bread /slices a day its bad?im always fussing thats to much carbs,maybe im becoming paranoid about this!

No. You're getting plenty of protein and your fat is adequate. Enjoy your bread.

omg thanks!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I always follow the recomendations on my fitness pal and it was 1200cals per day,i was only the reason,but i eat aroun 1300 a day. I'm only trying to lose 6kg (13pounds).
    I weigh 145 pounds and im 5 feet nine inches.

my goal is to shred body fat and try to gain lean mass.

MFP only calculates based on what you tell it. If you set it to lose too quickly it isn't going to fix that for you. It only calculates.

You're likely to sacrifice more lean mass instead of build it by under-eating.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    No, two slices of whole wheat bread are not "bad." Why would they be? Do you have a medical condition that requires you to severely limit your carbs?

Are you eating back a portion of your exercise calories?
  • saradsilva
    Options
    Thanks,it will put my mind at ease knowing i can and should eat more
  • saradsilva
    Options
    ckholland3 wrote: »
    No, two slices of whole wheat bread are not "bad." Why would they be? Do you have a medical condition that requires you to severely limit your carbs?

I dont eat those calories! i try to eat 6 meals a day like i've said but i see that is not enough.I should eat all of those calories?
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    jmlb806 wrote: »
    Would any of you please make some recommendations for foods that have helped you feel full and for longer periods of time? Thank you. I am a newbie.

I find protein shakes mixed with some milk keep cravings away and fill me up a bit, makes me forget I'm hungry and that I don't need to eat alllll the time
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ckholland3 wrote: »

I dont eat those calories! i try to eat 6 meals a day like i've said but i see that is not enough.I should eat all of those calories?

You should at least eat most of them, especially since your calorie goal is so low. You might go with 3/4 and see how you get on.

As for foods that are filling, I find fat to be the best. Anything with peanut butter, avocado, cream cheese, regular cheese, etc. Others I know find protein to be sating. Personally it doesn't do much for me. It's going to take a bit of trial and error to discover what works best for you.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Eating too few calories can have some pretty serious side effects. Gallstones are frequent among those who eat too little, or eat very low fat, over an extended period. You can also lose muscle mass along with the bodyfat. Your heart is a muscle. You could potentially damage it.

MFP asks you to select goals, and it spits out numbers accordingly. If you set your weight loss goal to be aggressive, and you're not a large person with a large TDEE, then it's going to give you a small calorie goal. You can adjust that however you like.

You could go into "Goals" and set your goal to a specific number that you know is enough, but will still allow you to lose weight. You could use a TDEE calculator to find your daily maintenance calories, and then subtract 10-20% from that, and change the MFP goal to match. You could leave the MFP goal as is, but make sure you add all the activity you're doing and eat back half of those calories. There's no one, right way. You basically want to eat somewhere between your daily burn, and 1200 calories (or your BMR, whichever is greater.) Anywhere in there will cause you to lose weight.

It's understandable to want to lose the weight as quickly as possible, but if you think about it, losing slowly is better. You won't have to deal with loose skin, you won't lose as much lean mass, and you won't make yourself crazy by eating at an unsustainable level and being hungry all the time, which likely will lead to binging.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    OP eat since March/April/May regular under her goal even under the 1000 calories.
    I am not surprised she is hungry.
  • DeliD25
    DeliD25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest eating more for the amount you are working out. MFP blogged an article yesterday about eating back calories. http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-should-i-eat-back-my-exercise-calories/ Personally, I struggle with drinking my calories. I would always recommend whole foods over drinks, but I know it is sometimes the only way I can get my protein too.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Fiber fills me up. Right now I am having homemade chili. It has corn, potato, beans, jalapeño, onion, garlic and other spices.

I am veg. You can add meat to yours if you like.
  • saradsilva
    Options
    Thank you all,im a newbie in the matter of losing weight so i guess making mistakes its normal,I will for sure eat more from now on.I dont want to lose a buch of weight from night to day really,i just struggle find what is the best to eat.And the feeling of hunger i hope it fades away! I wanna be as healthy as possible i dont like feeling hungry or thinking i'm not eating enough for my body to fuction properly.
    Thank you all for your time :)
    DeliD25 wrote: »
    I would also suggest eating more for the amount you are working out. MFP blogged an article yesterday about eating back calories. http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-should-i-eat-back-my-exercise-calories/ Personally, I struggle with drinking my calories. I would always recommend whole foods over drinks, but I know it is sometimes the only way I can get my protein too.

The only reason i drink protein its after working out,before i would eat somethng like tuna etc,but after working out i always feel so sick and its really dificult to eat solid food,its the only reason,and because i could barely eat my macros with food.