31 weeks ago today my life fell apart as i knew it....

Options
Well,,,theres been some MAJOR changes in my life in the last 7 months. My healthy hubs died in his sleep@42 and I three children to raise alone (i'm 41 and they are 11, 13, 15 and "Dad" was our life). I GAINED 15 lbs since he left and even tho in the past years was able to lose it, this time it just WON'T go. 31 weeks ago today my weight was ok, but he had left the house that morning in a black van and things were falling apart QUICKLY. I need to rebuild now, finally. Today seems like a good day to start. 12oo calories and will have to w/out 6x/wk to come close to my July 1 goal of 138. (20 lbs off) I was 146 that day in October, very close to my goal... but then all the rules changed and it was hard to see the goal anymore, it didnt matter. HOWEVER, for the past months I've been getting my head better but my body is getting worse and worse no matter what i seem to do. Time to try something a bit different, so here i am. I've learnt how to deal with death, and him not being here for us anymore, but what I'm NOT able to deal with is how unhealthy my body feels! This is something I should be able to control, unlike someother things in life... AND I WANT TO TAKE THE POWER BACK!!! :smile:

Replies

• motv8ed
    motv8ed Posts: 13
    Options
    I am SO sorry to hear about your devastating news. I don't know you but I will say a pray for you and your children to give you strength. I am new to this (only a few weeks in) so I will be more than happy to give you support as well. God Bless....
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am so sorry for your loss, i can't imagine the pain of that!!! but i am glad that you have decided to take your life back. i wish you the best of luck on your weightloss journey ;)
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Wow. My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish you the best of luck in this and everything else you are dealing with.

Kim
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* I'm so sorry for all you and your children have been through.

In times like that, mental well being comes first, and the rest falls by the wayside. You're amazing and strong, and I know nothing... NOTHING will stop you. :flowerforyou:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Wow, I'm so so sorry for your loss. How devesating for you and your children. You must be a very strong person to deal with that and to carry on for the sake of your kids. Good luck on your weightloss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • finallyhappening2011
    finallyhappening2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the lost of your husband. May God continue to give you the strength that you need. I wish you much success with you weight loss journey. I am sure that you will achieve everything and more. Keep on loving those precious children of yours. Good luck with everything.
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss as well. But I am so proud of you for wanting to get your life back on track.
    God Bless you and your family and may he give you the strength to get through this and the peace that your husband is in the best place imaginable.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck on starting your weighloss journey. x
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    *HUGS* I can't even begin to imagine how terrible that would be.
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OH my.....My heart goes out to you. If you can take anything away from this at all, please let it be a lesson in just how short and precious life can be. Please remember to be good to yourself first in order to be the parent you need to be for your children. You deserve to be everything that makes you happy. You can do this, and I am one of many that will be there to support you along the way. You came to the right place to make it happen. Stay strong and you will get there.....friend me if you would like to and good luck to you.....
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through so much in the last 7 months. I will be praying for you and your children. I know it must be very difficult to handle everything but now you are ready and I think that everyone here will support you in your journey! I will send a friend request to you and please know I am praying for you and you can always send me a message if you just need to vent... I will gladly listen :smile: Good Luck on your journey!

Praying God's Blessings and Strength for you and your family!
    Michelle
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. Good luck on your journey...
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    wow, posts like this fill me not only with sadness that you had to go through that, but fear, because you never know what can happen unexpectedly

mfp is a great support network, so I hope you find the support that you need here to look to the future
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my husband. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou: ((HUGS)) to you and your children.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss! This site is great for inspiration, motivation, and a definite community, supportive feel. Good luck on your journey!
  • leeverson
    leeverson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW- I am so sorry for your loss- I can’t even imagine trying to pick up the pieces so good for you that you are getting focused and back on track.
  • joip
    joip Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to imagine the pain you and your children would be going through. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through this very difficult time.
  • joip
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to imagine the pain you and your children would be going through. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through this very difficult time.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Wow, you and your family have gone through an awful 31 weeks and I am so sorry. I know you need to maintain focus and we are here for you, however please give yourself time. The grieving process is not easy and unfortunately it can be an incredibly long process. Don't be too hard on yourself or make your goals too rigid. You have so much going on. I know sometimes a project works nice to keep you focused on the future and this sounds like it is your project, but please don't neglect your grief either. All of my love to you and your children.....God bless.
  • joip
    Options