gained 11 pounds in 1 year. need to lose it by 2/14/2014. looking for help

Options
2»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You gained 11 pounds in 52 weeks and now you want to lose them in 5.

Do you see the problem with that?

Jesus... This! Seriously people?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Debalden wrote: »
    Get back on track. Started walking g again two weeks ago. Good right now have bronchitis ugh.

If it took you a year to gain 11 lbs you were only overeating by what, about 8 calories per day on average.

You can totally lose that in a month and it really shouldn't be that hard. Then go back to your old eating habits, but eat 8 calories less per day, on average, and you should maintain the loss.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Geez people, is mocking someone over a typo that can't be corrected necessary?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Geez people, is mocking someone over a typo that can't be corrected necessary?

Absolutely.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    watch out Timothy... everyone's getting flagged... LOLOLOL how awesome...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Debalden wrote: »
    Get back on track. Started walking g again two weeks ago. Good right now have bronchitis ugh.

First, I have bronchitis as well (actually had / have pneumonia) and I am starting to recover. I exercised for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks this week, I actually lost weight while I sick but of course I gained back fairly quickly.. But this yo yo with being sick and trying to get 100% well has put me back to starting around 10 lbs to loose by mid march.

My goal is by the end of feb to mid march. Add me as friend if you need some support.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    @Debalden folks are mocking your time frame obviously. You may lose 11 lbs by 2/14 but you can certainly lose around 1.2 to 1.5 each week at a deficit.

Also, drink a lot of water and control the sodium intake. This will help control the water retention or water weight gain.

I am at a moderate deficit and yes I have a pesky 10 lbs to loose but I am also not at a plataue. About 75 to 80 % of this is doable with out starving. Actually once my weight starts to fall off it is pretty steady as long as I remain at my deficit.

:)B):D
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Well, what the heck? Go for it, but don't go below the bare minimum of calories (1200). One year I joined Weight Watchers and lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I think maybe I was retaining water at the time or had too much waste in my colon. You might also. Good luck! And hey - if you try to lose 11 but only lose 7, that won't be so bad, will it?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rashmigoel wrote: »
    It's not just the weight, it's the toning. I've found amazing fast results with callanetics (similar to pilates ) . Combine those exercises with additional diet control via mfp and additional workout to burn about 500-1000 call per day and you'll get a long way towards where you want to go, and within a few weeks. Remember a few important tips:1. Often when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty. Drink lots of water. 2. Better to eat small healthy low cal meals or snacks throughout the day than to fast all day if you aren't used to it. That will keep you feeling full, or at least not hungry -too hungry can lead to poor choices. 3. Don't weigh yourself too often. It can be discouraging. Once a week is plenty.
    Good luck!
    OMG they have invented time travel, I remember the Callanetics craze first time round, in the 80s :grinning:

Me too (I am old too ;) ) - better dig out the shiny leotard and tights!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. At least nobody has recommended the Ayds diet candy.

(And, yes, youngsters, that was an actual product, advertised relentlessly during daytime soaps. It predated the identification and naming of the homophonous deadly disease.)
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I agree that generally 2lb a week is aggressive. But I also agree that there's nothing wrong with setting 'slightly above what is normally reasonable just for a little while' goals and doing your thing. Usually when I have an event coming up I try to avoid foods that make me bloated the week before. (Certain vegetables- which can be hard because most of them are quite healthy & beans, but especially refined carbs like pasta and white rice, gum, artificial sweeteners, soda/alcohol & salt). Then rock a pair if Spanx if you want, have a blast, and get back to it on Monday.