I need help :(

Options
I was doing really well, on a two month streak, lost 5 lbs! And then I started bingeing again. I've got a SERIOUS problem with bingeing.
Gained the 5 back, list the little muscle is gotten. Back to feeling sick and disliking myself every day. I'm trying to get back on track, but I don't get my support from my family. :/

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're having those feelings, maybe its time to talk to a professional.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just need support. I need to talk to people who are doing what I'm doing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, the part of disliking yourself, is not healthy. Getting upset over 5 pounds is not healthy.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's not just the 5 pounds, it's the fact that I've told those close to me and none if them seem to understand. That's all. Trust me I'm not the self harm type or anything :)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i think talking it out sounds like a great idea. there are some support groups for people with eating issues (not full-blown eating disorders) get some help before you end up having a huge problem. :smile: take care of yourself. you're so young - you have years to <3 yourself - get on board now.
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing any number of times. I don't have an answer for you except to start over as soon as you can. it doesn't do any good to beat yourself up over it. I know it's hard. I do it every day. some days are easier than others. hang in there.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Also have a binge eating problem so I totally understand where you are coming from. Tomorrow is a new day where you can put the binge behind you and start pressing forward again(:
  • mmxcrono
    mmxcrono Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For the diet that you were on, were there foods allowed that you really enjoyed?
    I'm on the Keto diet, and I can eat many foods I like (Butter, cheese, meats, nuts, salmon). The important thing is to make it your lifestyle and not a diet that is constantly stressing you out. I try to follow a plan I made from this Keto Calculator site http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
    You have to be strong and tell yourself what to do and why you are doing it. Let's all keep progressing towards our fitness goals!
  • Kellyrip
    Options
    I'm going to second the recommendation for professional counseling, not becuase I think there's anything wrong with you, or because I think you need it, but because I found it really helpful for myself when I was in a bad place and didn't feel like I had the support system I needed. Best of luck to you.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I recently went back to my old ways and rode the binge bandwagon for awhile. I stopped beating myself up and analyzed the situation from my head, not my heart. I knew that I tended to binge on days I did not exercise, so I exercised early in the day. I also realized that I needed a better daily routine. Once I began a better routine, things took care of themselvee. As for the support of others, it's nice to have, but ultimately you have to rely on yourself to find inner strength. We can't change others, but we can change ourselves. We have the power....no one else does.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just pick yourself up and get back to logging. Learn from it. What went wrong? Can you up your daily calories goal a little to feel less deprived? Not too many of us here are lucky to have a supportive family, but you'll always find support on MFP.
  • strawberryshake00
    strawberryshake00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can imagine how you feel, I loose 14 pounds in 3 months then gain back in 1 month ;)
  • strawberryshake00
    Options
    Now I give chance to protein shakes 25 grams at breakfast and midday (after 5pm I can't hold my self I have very strong craving for sweet really sweet ant that's the best time to take your 2nd shake ) snack only 120cal+ fruit of your choice 80cal (add finer some times) and you feel so full for at least 4-5 hours .
  • strawberryshake00
    Options
    Try to keep in touch with your community friends :D
  • strawberryshake00
    Options
    You will achieve your goal B)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    GET PROFESSIONAL HELP!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Enough with the talking to a professional stuff already. I think she gets the point. She just wants and needs some encouragement people.

I know what it can be like trying to be consistent and it's hard to stay on track without support. You should be able to hop on MFP and get that support. Hang in there and keep trying!

I was overweight for years and then one day something just clicked. Once that happened I figured it out and I just kept losing weight because of how I handled things. But it didn't happen until I was ready for it. Everyone does it in their own time.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    TysonCook wrote: »
    Enough with the talking to a professional stuff already. I think she gets the point. She just wants and needs some encouragement people.

I know what it can be like trying to be consistent and it's hard to stay on track without support. You should be able to hop on MFP and get that support. Hang in there and keep trying!

I was overweight for years and then one day something just clicked. Once that happened I figured it out and I just kept losing weight because of how I handled things. But it didn't happen until I was ready for it. Everyone does it in their own time.

She's a teenager showing indicators of disordered thinking and actions. A message board is not the right venue for help.

Saying "enough with the talking to a professional" when that is the one truly logical and potentially helpful course of action is at best enabling unhealthy actions ... at worst encouraging them to the detriment of the OP.
  • Hazuki1
    Hazuki1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know what you're going through. I'm having similar issues. I know working out and eating right is the only way, but lately I've been really fighting depression and eating is how I deal with it. I have issues with how I view myself as well. Everyone will say 'you have to love yourself first, but I honestly don't' know how to do that.
    Please just know that you are not alone, and that you will get through this. One a good note, I know working out at least 30 mins is ideal, but I've been doing at least 15 so I'm not sedentary. That's not doing much for weight loss, but at least I'm still pressing along.
    I hope this helps. :)
  • Hazuki1
    Hazuki1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

She's a teenager showing indicators of disordered thinking and actions. A message board is not the right venue for help.

Saying "enough with the talking to a professional" when that is the one truly logical and potentially helpful course of action is at best enabling unhealthy actions ... at worst encouraging them to the detriment of the OP.
    [/quote]
    But she came here first for support, and all most people had to say was 'get professional help.' She said that she doesn't get support from her family, so getting professional help may be a challenge. People could have at least encouraged her in some way rather than just say 'get professional help.'