20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers and welcome new folks! Happy Saturday!

As Barbie said, this is the place to come for support. Barbie, I would love to be in your line dancing class. I have thought about signing up for one as they are offered here. I used to do Zumba on the floor, but had to switch to doing in the water because the floor was too hard on my knees. I love to dance, and it is the perfect exercise!

Marie, we will get there...slow and steady.

Today and Sunday are rest days for me and my body is glad. 300+ minutes in 5 days is enough. Come Monday, I'll be renewed and refreshed.

Have a wonderful, productive, and mindful day, all.
    Stay strong!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thank you Connie for
    your encouragement........ man oh man that would be great to have two line dancers in this group. Barbie is a very good friend, even though we never met in person we been friends on cyber for over 6 years I even get a happy Birthday song from her on my Birthday Her and he husband Jake. So sweet of them.
    Marie

Marie
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tomorrow is our 41st anniversary. Since the Boys play tomorrow we are getting out today. No real plans just escape...lol hope everyone has a great day
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    109279f2o6z8ek9q.gif
    happy anniversity Raindancer 41 years wow. have a great one

Raindancer I know you are on a low carb diet. how many carbs are you eating on an average day? I am trying so hard but the scales are stuck for 2 weeks now. I am so in the dumps about it tho.

Marie
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends and encouragers! Happy Saturday...weigh in day for me. Mixed feelings about how it might go. Didn't over indulge this week but didn't consistently track either. Steps not hitting my goal but still more than I use to do. Still happy with my progress so far - as long as I stay in Onederland I will be totally satisfied. No matter what!

<3 Momma - just a thought on your plateau, maybe your body has gotten use to what you are eating - the amount and the calorie levels, so maybe something different in your meals will kick your metabolism back into gear. Our bodies become accustom to our intake and goes to sleep. Those weeks that I thought I ate too much because I chose to deviate from my normal lunches were the weeks I lost. Maybe I wasn't eating enough? But I am very proud of you for sticking to your plan and being patient.
    (*) Barbie - I agree that partnering up with others is such a help in this journey and that is why I love WW and this site - such a mass of support! I need to find a partner (s) for my exercising. Gyms are not for me but would love to have a walking buddy to help keep me accountable.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Alice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Alice teach thelma to walk. she would love it. Angel and I used to walk all over town in my younger days. too cold and rainy now to get out And love it .don't look like you can get out in the rain to make it over tomorrow. Last I heard 70 % chance of rain. My plans today is to stay active in the house today. That is my first step. may even get a tape out.
    Does the bit bit count when you are dancing around the house.

Love momma

• Mistydl2012
    Mistydl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone today is my weigh in day and I'm kinda excited about it. I am noticing that my clothes are fitting differently and I even had to ask my hubby to buy me new scrubs for my birthday because I only had one pair left. The battles of weight loss lol. I hope everyone ishaving a great day and a small maybe useful tip. If u are struggling with meal ideas or snack ideas i went to pintrest and got some great ideas one fun healthy meals to eat and good ways to orange my foods so I don't go rummaging through all the food and just rummage through my food. Hope this helps some people. Have a great healthy day everyone.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning everyone today is my weigh in day and I'm kinda excited about it. I am noticing that my clothes are fitting differently and I even had to ask my hubby to buy me new scrubs for my birthday because I only had one pair left. The battles of weight loss lol. I hope everyone ishaving a great day and a small maybe useful tip. If u are struggling with meal ideas or snack ideas i went to pintrest and got some great ideas one fun healthy meals to eat and good ways to orange my foods so I don't go rummaging through all the food and just rummage through my food. Hope this helps some people. Have a great healthy day everyone.

<3 (*) <3
    When was your birthday Thanks for the tip on pintrest. Keepin my fingers cross for you Misty.. They also have recipes for the plan I am on. I been looking for a protein homemade recipe shake for the 1-1-1- diet They just might have it

marie<3 .

• breathe11
    breathe11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in. I'm getting married May 1st and have 20 pounds to lose...I need someone to check on me and make me accountable lol. I'm 5'6 and weigh 166. I'm ready !
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Welcome breathe You can do it We will help you.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    To a bunch of great people
    Marie
  • Mistydl2012
    Options
    So i weighed in and am down 0.4lbs. I guess a little loss is better than no loss super excited my new CW IS 174.8 and my starting weight here was 175.4 keep up the great work everyone my GW is 155
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    congrats on your ,4 lost. it will all ad up you must belong to WW. My daughter has her WW today. Waiting to hear from her. I am life time member of WW. But never been on any of their new programs points and etc. Good job keep it up.
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Update on WI - down 0.2. A loss is a loss and it means I have lost 17 out the last 18 weeks! Woooohooo!
    Alice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wonderful. Alice so very proud of you.
    Love Momma
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
    Alice, if I counted on a walking partner to keep me walking, I'd never get out. I have friends to walk with but we walk no more than once a week. Sometimes I can't even count on the dogs so I have an mp3 player and ear buds so I can listen to music or interesting podcasts while I walk and walk whenever I get the chance.

:D Today my favorite walking friend was available so we walked and talked for over an hour in the drizzle in the my neighborhood. We stayed close to home in case it started to rain so we'd be able to get indoors quickly.

:D In awhile a friend is coming over to watch the Seahawks game. I'll ride my exercise bike and knit for part of the game.

<3 Barbie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    just proof when there is a will there is a way
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh.. I never said where I was from. I am in Palmdale CA. The high desert. It's cold to me but you all would probably consider it fall weather 66 degrees. Sometimes it gets down into the 30s at night but that's about it.

Anyway next we I'm starting a cleanse. I hope I can stick to it. I plan to not eat meat, sugar, white flour or any processed foods for 21 days. I'll try to share any good recipes I find. :)
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    raindancer wrote: »
    Tomorrow is our 41st anniversary.

Happy Anniversary! :)

• Mistydl2012
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    congrats on your ,4 lost. it will all ad up you must belong to WW. My daughter has her WW today. Waiting to hear from her. I am life time member of WW. But never been on any of their new programs points and etc. Good job keep it up.

No not part of weight watchers all I am really doing is portion control and working out. I am really trying to succeed in this weight loss thing and for me if I take a bunch of stuff away from myself I will fail so instead of having 4 pieces of pizza I have one. I measure everything out and if I hit my calories I am done unless it is like 2 o clock in the afternoon though I have never done that lol. I'm not on any certain diet just eating healthier based off of MFP and making sure I workout more regularly I have lost 11.8 total doing this but am noticing a plateau starting to happen so I am going to have to change some things go up here soon I just picked Saturdays cause I always work Saturdays and I use my work scale because that is the scale that I started using when my group of friends started our weight loss journey on the 1st of Dec.
  • Mistydl2012
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
    Alice, if I counted on a walking partner to keep me walking, I'd never get out. I have friends to walk with but we walk no more than once a week. Sometimes I can't even count on the dogs so I have an mp3 player and ear buds so I can listen to music or interesting podcasts while I walk and walk whenever I get the chance.

:D Today my favorite walking friend was available so we walked and talked for over an hour in the drizzle in the my neighborhood. We stayed close to home in case it started to rain so we'd be able to get indoors quickly.

:D In awhile a friend is coming over to watch the Seahawks game. I'll ride my exercise bike and knit for part of the game.

<3 Barbie

OMG I love that Iread this I would never have thought to crochet and walk at the same time thank u a million for the great idea though a bike would make it easier :)