20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Hello everyone and Happy 2015! I have put on 40 pounds since I have been in pre menopause. Five years later, I'm in full menopause now, I think. I'm hungry all the time!! The doctor said when a woman starts losing estrogen her body craves more food. So, I haven't done very well, eating late at night (work second shift) and eating
    more junk food. I lost my willpower……so, I will be working on willpower and better choices very hard! I will commit to putting more fruit and veggies in my snacks. This is the first time I have been overweight exempt for 2 pregnancies. I need to be healthy and want to be healthy for the rest of my life!!
    <3 (*) <3

Darlene, I think that happens to lots of us. But I am finding now that insulin for my diabetic my problems now. for if I take too much I get low blood sugar and it gets too low and cause me to crave carbs, I am finding that is hard to ignore it.I give in to the cravens and get fatter.
    I do hope your doctor and you can get something work out.
    do want to Welcome you to our group. A nice group of men and girls
    Glad to have you with us.
    <3 marie

Thanks Marie. I have had low blood sugars since I was 18 and family members with Diabetics. I have to eat every 4-6 hours or my sugar drops doesn't matter what I eat still drops.

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    NFash wrote: »
    Sounds good to me!

<3 (*) <3
    Fash welcome to 20 pounds by Easter thread. glad to have you with us.
    <3
    Marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Fash Wonderful.... glad to have you and welcome to our thread

<3 (*) <3
    Marie

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
  • tonetta51
    tonetta51 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My goal is 2 lbs per week so I shouldn't have any problem meeting 20 lbs by Easter.
  • shanghai1991
    shanghai1991 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I would like to start too. I am at 150 and would like to lose at least 20lbs.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I would like to start too. I am at 150 and would like to lose at least 20lbs.
    <3 (*) <3

Shanghai
    Never too late to join Glad to have you join us welcome to our thread. pleasure meeting you.
    I wish you success on you journey
    <3
    marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tonetta51 wrote: »
    Count me in. My goal is 2 lbs per week so I shouldn't have any problem meeting 20 lbs by Easter.

<3 (*) <3
    welcome to our thread. Wish you luck in losing 2 lbs a week. some weeks you may not make the two lbs. and other weeks you may lose more. glad to have you on broard with us.
    <3
    marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• lululovebaby
    Options
    ALMOST FRIDAY!!!! can't wait I get to run outside on sat happy new year guys!
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    tenpets wrote: »
    Sunnyfarm, in fact, it's best to have your higher calories in the early part of the day and as long as you stay in your daily goal, you are fine! Congrats on having a great workout!!

Shirley, Annapolis is gorgeous and nothing beats an Army Navy game! :-)

Becky

Thank you Becky. That is what I was thinking. But I was suprise to see so many calories for one meal. I guess that's why we need to journal. :blush:

Hi Sunny! You may also want to look at the breakdown of macros. How many of your items are carbs, protein, and fat? I was eating a carb heavy breakfast of oatmeal, raisins, applesauce, and toast. ALL carbs and a lot of calories. I have currently changed that to oatmeal(carb), egg white omelette (protein), and cheese(fat). I also add veggie to the omelette. Anyway...just a thought.

Glad you had a wonderful workout!
    Connie

Thank you Connie. I'll check that out.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Soooo....my family doesn't celebrate on New Years Eve, we celebrate on New Years day and though I was a pound lighter this morning I think I ate it back today. I went way over my calories. But I have never logged in all my food all the time like this before so I learned some things...one drink water
  • angelicchica73
    angelicchica73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join the thread and be 20 pds. lighter by Easter. I have committed to make 2015 my year for a healthier more fit me!! Since my weigh in was today on January 1st. I will keep my weigh in day as Thursday mornings.

SW-232

GW-165 (my ultimate goal weight!!)
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :D happy new year lulu. Do have a nice run Saturday. is te weather going to cooperate. o have a wonderful day

:p angel Welcome to our lose 20 lbs. by
    Easter thread I like your commitment for 2015 939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

<3 Sunny the holidays are over now maybe we can get down to our business at hand I too had a rough time of it. have a nice day.

<3 Connie why do they called protein, fat, carb ...... Macros. I have a lot to learn yet. I just know I need to move more, drink more water And eat the three meals of a serving of Protein, a servings of carb and a servings of fat. my 3 Marcos Also eat 2 snacks of the 3 macros if I am hungry, I do leave the carbs off at dinner time. But my weight just keep jumping back and forth I do have a lot of health issues, Diabetic, congestive heart failure high blood presser. high cloistral treated for Glaucoma/ Some weeks all of these just work against me.no matter what. I just got to overcome these problems and do the best I can. My whining for today I am up 1.8 tis morning. <3 Marie

• MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Its a lovely sunny (but cold) day here today, so I went out for a quick walk to the shops with my youngest son. I only did 1.04 miles but its better than nothing. Im going to get the wii out later this aft and go on the exercise games for a little while :)

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    :D happy new year lulu. Do have a nice run Saturday. is te weather going to cooperate. o have a wonderful day

:p angel Welcome to our lose 20 lbs. by
    Easter thread I like your commitment for 2015 939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

<3 Sunny the holidays are over now maybe we can get down to our business at hand I too had a rough time of it. have a nice day.

<3 Connie why do they called protein, fat, carb ...... Macros. I have a lot to learn yet. I just know I need to move more, drink more water And eat the three meals of a serving of Protein, a servings of carb and a servings of fat. my 3 Marcos Also eat 2 snacks of the 3 macros if I am hungry, I do leave the carbs off at dinner time. But my weight just keep jumping back and forth I do have a lot of health issues, Diabetic, congestive heart failure high blood presser. high cloistral treated for Glaucoma/ Some weeks all of these just work against me.no matter what. I just got to overcome these problems and do the best I can. My whining for today I am up 1.8 tis morning. <3 Marie

Marie... The full name is macronutrients and those are the large nutrients your body needs to provide calories and energy... Fat, protein, and carbs. Since I have been eating a serving at each meal, I have been in balance according to the pie chart on MFP.
    40% carb
    30% protein
    30% fat
    When I finish logging for the day, I am always in the green except for sodium which I have set for lower than MFP sets. Anyway... In the past I was a carb heavy eater with practically no protien and too much fat. Thanks again to you and 1:1:1 for helping me find the right balance. No longer hungry and I am not deprived of any food.

Connie

Off to the gym..will check back later.
    Have a wonderful day, all.

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie, you are doing great. That gain is water from the food that you don' t normally have. It will come right back off...
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So, despite all my walking (gobs more than I've ever done!) I am still up 0.8 lb from last week. For now, I will assume it is due to salty foods yesterday, swelling (increased water content) in my muscles from being exercised a lot more than they have been in a long time, and one or two days with a few extra calories. Trying to not get discouraged. I will start afresh this morning. Becky

CW: 185.4
    GW: 165
    UGW: 140
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...back to routine! Started my day with a session of Pilates and a nice protein full breakfast. Feeling good and ready to conquer the world - well at least my little corner of it! Scales better not be leading me on - showing a 2 lb loss from yesterday. See I told you it was nuts! If it holds that will put me in onederland for the first time in way too long!
    I agree with Connie - it is water gain Momma - it will come off. Maybe your fitbit will come in today and I can come out Sunday to get it set up for you. Tomorrow is my mid-day WI and then a pamper session at the nail salon!
    Didn't come near my steps yesterday - in fact other than taking down the tree I did nothing! Lazy bones!

No matter what...keep your eyes focused on your goal but also be willing to forgive yourself when they are distracted by old habits!

Have a great day!
    Alice <3
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    <3 Becky I had a 1.8 gain this morning. <3
    So what am I going to do about. it. Since Connie and I are on the same diet plan, I am going to read her diary every morning. I will keep my diary everyday which I have never done for my spelling and typing is so bad its hard for me to find what I am looking for. So today I am working on my diary I know this will help me. Connie is doing so great I could never do all the exercise she does so <3 therefore I can't eat as much as she does. But I can do more than I am doing, so will be working on that along with more water I should get my fitbit this week and Alice will set it up for me this weekend. not that I will be doing in long walks, But just do more around the house to get my step ups, get my butt up and start moving more..
    When do you go back to work.? <3 Marie

<3<3
    [quote="MummyKate85;30698704
    kate Anic e crisp walk this morning. gosh you are brave, What is the temperature there and where is there? have a great day.

Alice One day off is not enouht time off from work Looking forward to getting the fitbit all set up
    althought I do not plan on a lot of waking outside till it gets warmer but do plan on moving more around the house.
    You have a nice day look like you will be busy \Saturday. as usually.
    I like this that I have an hour to post here before they shut me off Love Momma Marie

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Marie, thank you for the encouragement!!

Perhaps we both have simple water gain and will see it come off over the next few days. I go back to work on Monday. :-(

Trying to figure out how to get in the two hours of walking I've started each day. Perhaps one hour in our college fitness center on the treadmill will be doable after work. I'll give it a try and then perhaps yoga with my hubby each night.

My broken arm is healing and I'm out five weeks from the break today. It's still very tender, so no floor work outs or weight lifting for a few more weeks. The ortho said it will likely be tender for another 5 weeks due to the soft tissue injuries (which actually hurt more than the broken bone).

We'll go for an 8.8 mile walk today in the chilly weather. I'll only eat a few of my burned calories back to see if I can't jump start a downward trend.

2015 is our year to get our weight back to a healthy number, everyone! Here's to a great loss next Friday!!!
  • pkmarlowe7
    Options
    I need to check out the one, one, one diet.