20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• hmachen
    Options
    Hi Everyone and Happy New Year. I am joining in on the 20 pounds by Easter Challenge - Stats below but the back story is that I just moved to Florida because of my health and I want to be more fit and have more stamina, endurance and FUN! I am pushing my way back from a few years of breathing issues which has been an amazing excuse for no exercise and eating what I want - result - flab!! Not so much gain because quite honestly that came over the preceding years a few pounds at a time but oh my - I seem to have my mother's knees and thighs now! And rolls around the middle. SO - here we go!! I got up this morning, logged 1.97 miles in Runkeeper as a 3 mph walk and logged my food for breakfast THEN I FOUND YOU!!!! Now I feel complete, I can really do this.
    - Hollie, 56YO
    - CW 152.8 pounds
    - GW 131
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What a great lost Ama thanks for the update. you are doing great
    <3 marie
  • scwooters
    scwooters Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 172
    Goal Weight: 152
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

Here we go!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you girls and guys Of course we need a part 2 to keep us all together. like this bond we are creating here on this thread. is priceless. Hope to becomes friends with you all. I am overwhelm with all the contact with each one of you.
    <3
    marie
    Finish the fight.
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you CalieCat. It has taken me since my youngest was born to get this far though, due to stopping and starting all the time. He turns 4 in July so its taken a long time. This time I am very determined though and want to get this weight off!

I think I am going to get the wii out later as I have a couple of work out games - I have the wii fit game and a biggest loser game which get me moving when I cant go out walking. A few months ago though I slipped off the wii fit board and tore the ligaments in my ankle and I hav'nt used the wii since :open_mouth: so I'll have to be careful so I don't slip off again!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    scwooters wrote: »

Here we go!
    <3 (*) <3
    yes here " we go " a brand new year and lets" finish the fight" most of us have been fighting for a long time. We can do thsi together looks like this is your first post. here on MFP welcome join us often to chat with us. Best of luck in reaching 20 pounds by Easter.
    <3
    marie- Caliecat
    Mesquite Texas

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• MummyKate85
    Options
    I think I will need a part 2 as well. I turn 30 in June this year and I would really love to reach my short term goal by then. Im not sure how do-able that is though? Is it a realistic goal to lose 35lbs by mid June??
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

We enjoyed our night out last night, my dinner I was disappointed in but the rest of the evening went well. One more dinner tonight with friends then back to normal eating. I have a weigh in tomorrow on here and don't expect great things but I will stick with it. Things are calming down
    after the holidays and I should be going strong after that. I changed my ticker back this week and will work from there.

Everyone who is weighing in tomorrow, Good Luck!!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hmachen wrote: »
    Hi Everyone and Happy New Year. I am joining in on the 20 pounds by Easter Challenge - Stats below but the back story is that I just moved to Florida because of my health and I want to be more fit and have more stamina, endurance and FUN! I am pushing my way back from a few years of breathing issues which has been an amazing excuse for no exercise and eating what I want - result - flab!! Not so much gain because quite honestly that came over the preceding years a few pounds at a time but oh my - I seem to have my mother's knees and thighs now! And rolls around the middle. SO - here we go!! I got up this morning, logged 1.97 miles in Runkeeper as a 3 mph walk and logged my food for breakfast THEN I FOUND YOU!!!! Now I feel complete, I can really do this.
    - Hollie, 56YO
    - CW 152.8 pounds
    - GW 131

Hollie is that your name. Yes you found us. we will be your cyber family welcome to our thread looks like you had some bumps in the road.Best of luck in reaching our 20 pounds by Easter thread.
    thanks for signing your name for us to used.
    <3
    marie- caliecat
    Mesquite, Texas
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• CALIECAT
    Options
    hi Shirley. Happy new year to you.

hugs Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    scwooters wrote: »

Here we go!
    <3 (*) <3
    yes here " we go " a brand new year and lets" finish the fight" most of us have been fighting for a long time. We can do thsi together looks like this is your first post. here on MFP welcome join us often to chat with us. Best of luck in reaching 20 pounds by Easter.
    <3
    marie- Caliecat
    Mesquite Texas

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

Finish the fight...so true. I have been at this my entire life. I just want to be strong, fit, and under 200 pounds. From there, I will need a part 3.
    I've been on MFP since June 2013. I have never been part of a group or responded much on the forums, and maybe that is what was missing....connection to others.
    Since I've joined this challenge and met such wonderful folks, I feel inspired to stay focused. Being focused will help me reach my goal.
    So... I'm thanking you in advance, guys. Best of luck to all of us this year!
    Connie
  • emmawoodchuck
    emmawoodchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I agreed to join this challenge before Christmas but with the intention of starting today- 1st jan. No point setting myself up for failure by starting a diet in mid December! So anyway, happy new year everyone.

I'm 5ft 8, currently weigh 168lb and want to get to 140lb. 20lb of those by easter would be very nice!

Good luck everyone from a very grey and windy South west wiltshire!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Emma, The First of January does seems like a good day to starting. Finish the fight we all so long have been fighting Good luck. Thanks for sharing be looking forward to your next visit with us. Where is South West Wittshire?
    <3
    marie- Caliecat
    - Mesquite, Texas
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks calicat! I've been slacking off a little but I'm ready for this weight to be off once and for all!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That a girl. Join the crowd. Ama
    marie
  • ljlampkin
    Options
    I just signed on about a year ago but have done nothing. I want to join the challenge also. I am going to start now (after a bad breakfast) I know that I can lose 20 pounds by Easter if I put my mind to it.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi all..... I used to be on a similar thread to this one on the biggest loser web site and it was great to have wonderful support from the friends I made there but I gave it up because that web site cost me money and I could no longer afford it, I missed those friends and the support so much until now, finding this thread is the best thing that's happened since I joined MFP. I can feel the camaraderie and support in everyone's posts that will keep us all together through the good times as well as the bad. So who needs luck when we have each other.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Linda[quote="Abakan;
    <3 (*) <3

linda so happy you found us too. together we will do this Finish the fight we all started a long time ago. Bless you all. hoping we all make many friends along the way.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ljlampkin wrote: »
    I just signed on about a year ago but have done nothing. I want to join the challenge also. I am going to start now (after a bad breakfast) I know that I can lose 20 pounds by Easter if I put my mind to it.

<3 (*) <3
    Welcome Lilampkin glad you sign in with us. We can do it. no fooling it is relisted goal. I think I can even manage it. I better. Do post often and lets us know how you are doing.

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    <3
    Marie-caliecat
    Mesquite Texas

• MummyKate85
    Options
    How is everyone doing today?

Im not sure where everyone else is from but im in the UK and its nearly 8pm now. I had 400 calories left over today so im currently enjoying one of the chocolate chip muffins that me and my children baked today. It feels so good to have a little treat after being 'good' all day! I think im in the right mindset now - usually I would'nt stop at one muffin. I would have possibly had 2 or even 3 :neutral_face: but I have told myself only one. So thats what im having, and I am savouring every bite :blush: