20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Marie- Congratulations on your weight loss that's a great start to your 20lb off by Easter and it's not even the 1st of January yet. Thank's for the lovely warm picture, I want my lounge to look like that.

Barbie- I also love your sayings, your very inspirational . I'm going to write the ones I like best in large letters and put them on my wall where I can see them all the time ( I've got a very short memory and forget them as soon as I turn the computer off lol ).

I've had a good day today, stayed well within my calories for the day, done a 3.5 mile run although I'd planned a 5 mile run but I'm not disappointed. On " just for today" I promised myself not to eat after 7pm but it's only 6.30 here in the UK so must stay strong . The only new year resolution I'm going to make is to enjoy my life every day of 2015. Well just 5.5 hours to go here in the UK until new year so I'd like to wish you all a fabulous 2015, I know that together we can do great things.
    See you next year.
    Linda.

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D I don't make resolutions for the whole year. Each month has been a new beginning for me. In January I will be redoubling my efforts to do strength training twice a week. I know how important it is, and it has been difficult for me to do it regularly.

:mrgreen: my word for 2015 will be "now"----I want to refrain from wallowing in past mistakes and worrying about future problems

<3 Barbie in chilly NW Washington

I love your new word for 2015...NOW! I have a horrible habit of wallowing. If I could only focus on the here and now all of the time, then I wouldn't ever get boughed down in things I should have done. Reget depresses me and depression makes me eat...such a vicious cycle!

I started with a personal trainer in mid December for strength training. I work with her twice a week and love it! This, coupled with a great food strategy (1:1:1), should be a win-win...if I stay focused on now!
    Connie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great workout this morning. I am so excited to be back on the right track. With that said I noticed I eat a lot of calories for breakfast. Over 500. Is that bad? I balance it out the rest of the day so I don't go over the MFP calorie suggestion for me. What do you all think?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Falling behind in reading all the post Been to the eye doctor and we got lost several times. But we made it home safely. the roads was under constructions no road signs. roads signs missing and etc. While I am just chatting , I am overwhelm with all the response we are haing here. love hearing from each and everyone of you. keep it up. thank you Barbie for all of your great post. You are so wise.
    Now lets get back to business. <3 (*) <3 marie- Caliecat
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm, in fact, it's best to have your higher calories in the early part of the day and as long as you stay in your daily goal, you are fine! Congrats on having a great workout!!

Shirley, Annapolis is gorgeous and nothing beats an Army Navy game! :-)

Becky
  • ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 153 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just posting to update my info for the 20 pounds by Easter challenge

SW 167 lbs
    CW 160lbs
    GW 140 lbs (For April 5, 2015)
    UGW 118 lbs

December 31, 2014 = 160lbs (Goal weight reached for December)
    January 31, 2015=
    February 28 , 2015=
    March 31,2015=
    April 5,2015=

• CALIECAT
    Options
    o:) Connie you are on the right road to a healthy body. So proud of you

B) linda no sun here. I like your attitude. Nice post

<3 Shirley, good evening the first it is then for you. you have not got long till the 1st of January Are you ready
    <3 (*) <3
    marie caliecat
    Mesquite Texas.
  • mcandeli
    mcandeli Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Marie, and congrats on the one pound lost from Christmas! It's hard over the holidays, especially if you're a carb junkie, like myself! If your weight is stuck, try drinking plenty of water. I've learned that this helps to jumpstart things. My doctor is also asking me to read "The Beck Diet" - two things I've learned so far, that may help others, is to write down ALL the reasons you want to lose weight and read this to yourself at least twice a day. Also, NEVER eat standing up! I know it sounds silly, but apparently it's a type of behavioral therapy that's supposed to make you more cognizant of what you're eating. The author also addresses the sabotaging thoughts associated with losing weight and gives you "responses" to these thoughts. I'll let everyone know how it's working, once I've had more time to finish the book and practice! Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    amclickner wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Marie, and congrats on the one pound lost from Christmas! It's hard over the holidays, especially if you're a carb junkie, like myself! If your weight is stuck, try drinking plenty of water. I've learned that this helps to jumpstart things. My doctor is also asking me to read "The Beck Diet" - two things I've learned so far, that may help others, is to write down ALL the reasons you want to lose weight and read this to yourself at least twice a day. Also, NEVER eat standing up! I know it sounds silly, but apparently it's a type of behavioral therapy that's supposed to make you more cognizant of what you're eating. The author also addresses the sabotaging thoughts associated with losing weight and gives you "responses" to these thoughts. I'll let everyone know how it's working, once I've had more time to finish the book and practice! Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!

<3 (*) <3 Do keep us inform.
    - Thanks clicker for the information. on the beck diet. I don't know much about it.But I am sure it has lots of good information in it.
    - <3
    - Marie- Caliecat
    - Mesquite, Texas

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jay did I read that right 7 lbs You will have your weight off before Easter
    20 POUND
    empty.gifempty.gifb.gify.gifempty.gife.gifa.gifs.gift.gife.gifr.gif

Great job.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Sunnyfarm, in fact, it's best to have your higher calories in the early part of the day and as long as you stay in your daily goal, you are fine! Congrats on having a great workout!!

Becky

Thank you Becky. That is what I was thinking. But I was suprise to see so many calories for one meal. I guess that's why we need to journal. :blush:
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    tenpets wrote: »

Becky

Thank you Becky. That is what I was thinking. But I was suprise to see so many calories for one meal. I guess that's why we need to journal. :blush:

Hi Sunny! You may also want to look at the breakdown of macros. How many of your items are carbs, protein, and fat? I was eating a carb heavy breakfast of oatmeal, raisins, applesauce, and toast. ALL carbs and a lot of calories. I have currently changed that to oatmeal(carb), egg white omelette (protein), and cheese(fat). I also add veggie to the omelette. Anyway...just a thought.

Glad you had a wonderful workout!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    connie you caught on to that diet so easy. better than me.I just had about 2 cups of air popcorn and 1 t of peanut butter for my snack do need to so some more reading.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    connie you caught on to that diet so easy. better than me.I just had about 2 cups of air popcorn and 1 t of peanut butter for my snack do need to so some more reading.
    Marie

Great snack, Marie!
    You're doing great. The holidays have been a big distraction... they are almost over! Yay!
    Connie
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    I'm in!

<3 (*) <3 Welcome Amy to 20 pounds by Easter glad to have you and good luck
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

<3 (*) <3
    marie- caliecat
    Mesquite, Texas

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :D My biggest meal is breakfast including a balance of protein, carbs, and fat.....right after breakfast I walk for almost two hours with my dogs so I need good fuel to do that. Some days I actually post my whole day's food in the morning, but even if I don't post, I already know what I'll be eating all day so I don't waste time thinking about it ahead of time. Then I stick to my plan "no matter what". Some days are easier than others. I am going to an event this afternoon that will be serving food. I've already eaten my supper at home and will have only water and eat none of the food that is there.

764570s1ywfpdanr.gifBarbie
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's a balmy 10 degrees F here in Wisconsin, burrr, wore my snow suit to the dog park.
    Went to the chiropractor earlier today, so now even though I don't hurt as much, I am sore. I think a bath is in my future.
    I have a hard time eating breakfast before I leave for work in the morning. I am just not hungry when I get up. (I know, I know...sigh... eat anyway.)
    I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year celebration, I have to work in the morning so I will be in bed way before the ball drops.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 (*) <3

How are you doing robyn? Hope you are sticking t your plan.

Good luck on you journey

That's really cold.
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy New Year. This is the year we will get those pounds off.
    851814rm82k14a1z.gif