20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• SirenWannabe
    Options
    January 1st ... new start! Looking to get rid of 25 lbs by June 1st, so 20 by Easter sounds do-able.

Starting weight - 173
    Goal weight in 2015 - 145

I am committing to drinking 8 glasses of water a day, going to Crossfit 3-4 x a week, and logging every morsel that enters my mouth!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    That's the way to go Kate. My eating plan has it set up where you can have 1 sevings of cup cake in moderation but would have to leave off the carb servings. I did not do that at our Christmas dinner and now I am having to lose what I gain. Tomorrow is Weigh in Day for me. I got to lose 1/2 pound to reach the 10 lbs mark since I have been on tis new Diet Plan. doing good Kate.
    <3
    marie
  • emmawoodchuck
    emmawoodchuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi caliecat
    I'm in the south west of England! Just a couple of miles from Stonehenge. I love the fact we are all from all over the place and fighting the fat together!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    January 1st ... new start! Looking to get rid of 25 lbs by June 1st, so 20 by Easter sounds do-able.

Starting weight - 173
    Goal weight in 2015 - 145

I am committing to drinking 8 glasses of water a day, going to Crossfit 3-4 x a week, and logging every morsel that enters my mouth!

<3 (*) <3 Siren

And I do think you will be in that bikini come May. Just stick with us and and all of your commitment and your will be a very Sexy Very pretty now Watch out folks here comes Siren Would love seeing her in her bikini comes Easter
    in fact I would love seeing all of you in your before picture and after pictures. I will post mine on Friday before Easter. Don't let me forget No I will not be in a bikini But you may if you like....................... deal?
    marie

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! 20 pounds by Easter would be great!

Starting weight - 145.8
    Goal weight - 125.8

I'm going for 15,000 steps a day, completing my MFP challenges, working out to one DVD, logging all my food, drinking all my water. That should pretty much fill up my day!! I will post my weight every Saturday.

Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    I would like to join! 20 pounds by Easter would be great!

Starting weight - 145.8
    Goal weight - 125.8

I'm going for 15,000 steps a day, completing my MFP challenges, working out to one DVD, logging all my food, drinking all my water. That should pretty much fill up my day!! I will post my weight every Saturday.

Chris

<3 (*) <3 Welcome to our thread.
    Chris sound like you have a well lay out plan. Just follow thru and you will have your 20 lbs off by Easter Be looking for you Saturday. Good luck.

939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• cmristine
    cmristine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW 184.2
    GW 164.2
    Following the 17 Day Diet and starting C25K from the beginning. On alternate days I will be doing stretching and Pilates to help save my back.
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    I'm in! And anyone can add me :D
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cmristine wrote: »
    SW 184.2
    GW 164.2
    Following the 17 Day Diet and starting C25K from the beginning. On alternate days I will be doing stretching and Pilates to help save my back.

<3 (*) <3
    Welcome cmristineI have heard of the 17 day diet I am on the 1-1-1-diet and seems to suit me quite well. glad to have you with us I also have back problems. hip problems Old age here. good luck on your plan.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    <3
    marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :D Somebody called me "disciplined" so I'd like to share where I learned some great things that have helped me stay focused on my eating and exercise one day at a time.

"The Thin Commandments Diet" by Stephen Gullo---there's a diet that I didn't use, but many great ideas like "Strategy is stronger than willpower".

"Gratitude and Trust" by Paul Williams and Tracy Jackson---it's about using all the strategies in 12 step recovery programs for people with ordinary challenges---it starts with "Something has to change and it's probably me".

For anyone who is seeking a solution----there are great ones available if you really want them.

If it is important to you, then you will find a way, if not, then you'll find an excuse.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm in! And anyone can add me :D

<3 (*) <3

Danni so glad you join us look like your are on a good losing streak But I know you have work hard at it. You are a motorcycle girl. They would scare me to death
    I would like to welcome you to our great tread.
    <3
    Marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie love you dropping in and giving us some great information.
    Thanks you sweetie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you guys this thread is open to anyone and can join at anytime even the last day. if you chose too.
    <3
    marie
  • mcandeli
    mcandeli Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you CalieCat. It has taken me since my youngest was born to get this far though, due to stopping and starting all the time. He turns 4 in July so its taken a long time. This time I am very determined though and want to get this weight off!

I think I am going to get the wii out later as I have a couple of work out games - I have the wii fit game and a biggest loser game which get me moving when I cant go out walking. A few months ago though I slipped off the wii fit board and tore the ligaments in my ankle and I hav'nt used the wii since :open_mouth: so I'll have to be careful so I don't slip off again!

MummyKate85 - the Wii is great! I weight train 3x/week and didn't think the Wii would do a lot, but the tennis game really gives me a workout - no fit board needed. Good luck!
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy 2015! I have put on 40 pounds since I have been in pre menopause. Five years later, I'm in full menopause now, I think. I'm hungry all the time!! The doctor said when a woman starts losing estrogen her body craves more food. So, I haven't done very well, eating late at night (work second shift) and eating more junk food. I lost my willpower……so, I will be working on willpower and better choices very hard! I will commit to putting more fruit and veggies in my snacks. This is the first time I have been overweight exempt for 2 pregnancies. I need to be healthy and want to be healthy for the rest of my life!!
  • Snorkelseeker
    Snorkelseeker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll join you in the challenge - let's do this! :-) Good luck x
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy 2015! I have put on 40 pounds since I have been in pre menopause. Five years later, I'm in full menopause now, I think. I'm hungry all the time!! The doctor said when a woman starts losing estrogen her body craves more food. So, I haven't done very well, eating late at night (work second shift) and eating
    more junk food. I lost my willpower……so, I will be working on willpower and better choices very hard! I will commit to putting more fruit and veggies in my snacks. This is the first time I have been overweight exempt for 2 pregnancies. I need to be healthy and want to be healthy for the rest of my life!!
    <3 (*) <3

Darlene, I think that happens to lots of us. But I am finding now that insulin for my diabetic my problems now. for if I take too much I get low blood sugar and it gets too low and cause me to crave carbs, I am finding that is hard to ignore it.I give in to the cravens and get fatter.
    I do hope your doctor and you can get something work out.
    do want to Welcome you to our group. A nice group of men and girls
    Glad to have you with us.
    <3 marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy 2015! I have put on 40 pounds since I have been in pre menopause. Five years later, I'm in full menopause now, I think. I'm hungry all the time!! The doctor said when a woman starts losing estrogen her body craves more food. So, I haven't done very well, eating late at night (work second shift) and eating more junk food. I lost my willpower……so, I will be working on willpower and better choices very hard! I will commit to putting more fruit and veggies in my snacks. This is the first time I have been overweight exempt for 2 pregnancies. I need to be healthy and want to be healthy for the rest of my life!!

<3 (*) <3 Darlene I understand your problems hope you and your doctor get things work out losing weigh is a hard job. But I do want to welcome you and wish you are success in your weight lost
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

<3
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I'll join you in the challenge - let's do this! :-) Good luck x

<3 (*) <3
    Welcome Snorkels We can do this. And most of us will do it
    <3
    Marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif