People at work think I'm weird?

Options

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather be called "whites" than "Scumbag_Gil" ;)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    M1SS703 wrote: »
    It's funny: I work in a camp setting, so eat all of my meals with coworkers. It AMAZES me how a person can eat a plate with hamburgers, French fries and gravy and no one says a word, but when I show up at the table with a salad with chicken breast and a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheese, how quickly people jump on the ol' healthy eating bandwagon and start laying into me about cheese being unhealthy!!

People don't understand why we do what we do, and when they see us putting effort into health, it makes them feel guilty that they aren't making the same commitment. To compensate for their guilt, they try to make others who ARE focusing on their health feel stupid about it.

Laugh it off. In the end, it comes down to their insecurity. You are the better person for it! :)

I doubt very seriously that they feel guilty about eating hamburgers and fries...besides...what's wrong with eating a hamburger and fries?

They feel guilty when they are fat and they see someone losing weight. I know because I was one of those people.

I guess I just know different types of people because they give a fig about feeling guilty about the burger and fries they eat. I know I don't/didn't feel guilty about it.

Besides...who said that those people were fat? Fat people are the only people that eat burgers and fries?

No, fat people are the only ones who'd have the potential of feeling guilty about eating a lot. Again, I know this because I was one and many of my friends who were fat felt the same. Now that I am in very good shape I brag about eating a lot.

I honestly think you're looking too deeply into this.
  • M1SS703
    M1SS703 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's funny: I work in a camp setting, so eat all of my meals with coworkers. It AMAZES me how a person can eat a plate with hamburgers, French fries and gravy and no one says a word, but when I show up at the table with a salad with chicken breast and a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheese, how quickly people jump on the ol' healthy eating bandwagon and start laying into me about cheese being unhealthy!!

People don't understand why we do what we do, and when they see us putting effort into health, it makes them feel guilty that they aren't making the same commitment. To compensate for their guilt, they try to make others who ARE focusing on their health feel stupid about it.

Laugh it off. In the end, it comes down to their insecurity. You are the better person for it! :)

I doubt very seriously that they feel guilty about eating hamburgers and fries...besides...what's wrong with eating a hamburger and fries?

They feel guilty when they are fat and they see someone losing weight. I know because I was one of those people.

I guess I just know different types of people because they give a fig about feeling guilty about the burger and fries they eat. I know I don't/didn't feel guilty about it.

Besides...who said that those people were fat? Fat people are the only people that eat burgers and fries?

No, fat people are the only ones who'd have the potential of feeling guilty about eating a lot. Again, I know this because I was one and many of my friends who were fat felt the same. Now that I am in very good shape I brag about eating a lot.

For clarity, it's usually people who are unhealthy who feel the need to comment to me, and those same people are choosing hamburgers and fries over salad and chicken breasts.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If I had guns like those, sir, I'd be flexing at them and saying something to the effect of "Argue with the results, man!" You look fantastic, you're healthy, and the egg whites thing works for you, who gives a crap what a bunch of middle-school-brained coworkers have to say?

This ^^

Besides, they may well be thinking that since you look so great, you must have a lot of confidence and therefore can take a bit of extra ribbing :)

• uconnwinsnc1
    Options

For clarity, it's usually people who are unhealthy who feel the need to comment to me, and those same people are choosing hamburgers and fries over salad and chicken breasts.

But like I said...it's not wrong to eat the burger and fries...so why do you think it is? That's what I'd like to know. Don't get me wrong, I love salads with grilled chicken on them...but NO food is wrong when you are trying to lose weight.

There is nothing wrong with it. But the unhealthy people are the ones who eat it every meal every day for multiple portions. They are generally the ones who make the jealous/rude comments about what healthy people eat.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I would too with a username such as "Scumbag_gil" :#
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    You sure this is about people at work and not people at MFP? O.o
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options

But like I said...it's not wrong to eat the burger and fries...so why do you think it is? That's what I'd like to know. Don't get me wrong, I love salads with grilled chicken on them...but NO food is wrong when you are trying to lose weight.

There is nothing wrong with it. But the unhealthy people are the ones who eat it every meal every day for multiple portions. They are generally the ones who make the jealous/rude comments about what healthy people eat.

Again, in YOUR world...lol.

Yes. In my experience that is what I see.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    i remember raw egg whites, the good OLD days
  • M1SS703
    Options

Most people who are putting effort into health and weight loss don't eat deep fried foods, as there are a number of very unhealthy aspects of eating these types of food regularly. I'm certainly not saying that it's not OK to indulge occasionally. And there are plenty of wrong foods when you are trying to lose weight. My original point was simply that I get judged more when I am eating healthy than when I am not, by people who don't know any better (These are facts. I know these people, and am aware of their lifestyles).
  • monicaxclark
    Options
    They're jealous and wish they had the discipline you do. You drink those egg whites. Let them hate on.
  • M1SS703
    edited January 2015
    Options

Most people who are putting effort into health and weight loss don't eat deep fried foods, as there are a number of very unhealthy aspects of eating these types of food regularly. I'm certainly not saying that it's not OK to indulge occasionally. And there are plenty of wrong foods when you are trying to lose weight. My original point was simply that I get judged more when I am eating healthy than when I am not, by people who don't know any better (These are facts. I know these people, and am aware of their lifestyles).

Tell me please...what are the wrong kinds of foods when trying to lose weight so that I can avoid them.

Don't take my word for it - Do some research online. There is a plethora of information about what foods to avoid and why. It's actually pretty interesting to learn about how your body uses the food you put into it.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Donut for me = fat on my bum = blood sugar spike = bad food!
  • M1SS703
    Options

Tell me please...what are the wrong kinds of foods when trying to lose weight so that I can avoid them.

Don't take my word for it - Do some research online. There is a plethora of information about what foods to avoid and why. It's actually pretty interesting to learn about how your body uses the food you put into it.

unfortunately you need to take a step back because there really is no "good" or "bad" food when it comes to weight loss. You shouldn't avoid anything or cut out foods when you are trying to lose weight...and there a great number of successful people on MFP that would argue that fact with you.

If all foods help you lose weight, how do people become obese in the first place? I am a certified personal trainer and have taken many courses in weight/fat loss and disease prevention. I don't see value in discussing this further with you, so I will conclude by saying it again: do some research about your body and the processes that take place as a result of the foods that you eat, and you will probably think differently.
  • tloubkelley
    tloubkelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NOTHING WEIRD ABOUT U!!
    YOU ARE A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL FOR HEALTY PEOPLE!
    THEY JUST WISH THEY COULD BE AS COMMITED AS YOUR ARE, ABOUT KEEPING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE! CAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE VERY INTIMIDATED BY U! (With those guns I would be to.jk).
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND TELL
    THEM TO SUX IT.sry if that's a lil blunt.:).
    I GET A LIL OF THAT AT MY WK PLACE TOO.I JUST TELL THEM I WILL LIVE LONGER THAN U!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Word on this^
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Just flex your bicep at them. That should shut them up. :D
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options

unfortunately you need to take a step back because there really is no "good" or "bad" food when it comes to weight loss. You shouldn't avoid anything or cut out foods when you are trying to lose weight...and there a great number of successful people on MFP that would argue that fact with you.

If all foods help you lose weight, how do people become obese in the first place? I am a certified personal trainer and have taken many courses in weight/fat loss and disease prevention. I don't see value in discussing this further with you, so I will conclude by saying it again: do some research about your body and the processes that take place as a result of the foods that you eat, and you will probably think differently.

6bnpa4wll4pz.jpg

• catsmeat
    catsmeat Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just go ahead and keep thinking you're smarter than everyone else.

Right back atcha.

Not everything is about *losing weight*. Yes, all foods are potentially ok if your *only* goal is losing weight and you are under your calories. Some people find it helpful to their resolve to allow themselves small amounts of "bad" food, however, other people find it hurts their resolve to allow them.

Everyone is different and there are most certainly "bad foods" for certain people, and some foods are most definitely bad for your health, even if they don't kill you in small amounts.