What do you hate most about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    rikracer1961;30778811"]
    (Used go not complain over this) .. needing to shop for lower sizes.

Even though it cost $$ this is the fun part, at least for me!

That's the trouble, I've broken through so many sizes now it is $$.
    Frustrating when it happens when I don't expect it, yet it does leave
    me happy too! :D

yeah me too, I went from size 48 pants to size 33

Awesome job! :D

I was in 30\32 .. now I'm 7,8,9s in most things.
  • rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rikracer1961;30778811"]
    (Used go not complain over this) .. needing to shop for lower sizes.

Even though it cost $$ this is the fun part, at least for me!

That's the trouble, I've broken through so many sizes now it is $$.
    Frustrating when it happens when I don't expect it, yet it does leave
    me happy too! :D

yeah me too, I went from size 48 pants to size 33

Awesome job! :D

I was in 30\32 .. now I'm 7,8,9s in most things.

WOW!!! That is awesome!
    Love your pics BTW
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    My grandma trying to force food down me because she thinks I have an illness ><'
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Yup, not having anything to wear because nothing in your Closet fits anymore! I was a 14/16 and now wear anything from a 6-8. Yay!!! but now I need to win the lottery just to replenish my wardrobe :sweat_smile:

The other is always having to pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth every moment of every day! It's so shocking the amt of cals and sugar every little snack or beverage can have! :confused:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    -Adios boobies

-Cold...all.the.time.

-"Can you tell me how you lost all that weight?.....oh..I don't think I can do that."

-Stuck between clothing Sizes

-"Aren't you trying to lose weight? Why are you eating XYZ? Shouldn't you be eating a salad?" (I.e. the body police). In all fairness people tried getting me to eat salads (the end-all cure-all of healthy foods right?) When I was larger. Now they expect me to eat nothing but salads and drink water.
  • Sweetsluv
    Sweetsluv Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Boobs 1st to go is by far the worst. Moms immediately concerned that you have an eating disorder. And when the people that you want to notice the progress you've made don't say anything.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Being cold all the time and knowing it isn't because you are anemic.
  • yvonnetgroom2014
    yvonnetgroom2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Having to watch family/friends tuck into fatty foods while you are being so controlled. Also getting to target weight then loosing interest in counting calories and ending up back at square one, Not this time!☺
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    My grandma trying to force food down me because she thinks I have an illness ><'

My grandfather is like this. He also tells me I look like long dead aunts who were chain-smoking, skinny spinsters. Not real charming LOL

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Weight/fat loss != desired (or desirable) body shape.
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1. Other people's comments. Things like - "You'll be pretty when you lose weight." Comments like that make me NOT want to lose weight. Last year, I did a Warrior Dash and someone looked at me and said "You did a Warrior Dash? I thought those were really hard." Then he back-pedaled. Yes, it was hard! Other comments - "Maybe this is the weight you're supposed to be." That one put me in a tailspin for months. There was a very nice salesperson at a running shoe store that was politely trying to tell me that buying new sneakers wouldn't make me able to run a 10K. When I told him I was training for it, and I had already jogged a 5K - he looked at me in a different way and was supportive.

2. Other people's advice. I should do Atkins. I should get a B Vitamin shot. I should check my thyroid. I should check my hormones. I work out too much. I don't work out enough. I should work out harder. I should get a bike. I should do jumping jacks. It's nuts.

3. Other people's support. Sometimes, I get frustrated when the weight doesn't come down. Then people say "you're gaining muscle, which is heavier." I'm starting to think that that's a cop-out. Or they say "You're beautiful just the way you are." UGH.

4. While I'm at it - people who SAY they want to work out with me, but really don't. I'm done with excuses, and I'm just going to work out when I want to work out. Then they say "I wish I knew, I would have come" BALONEY.

I don't know. All the comments are conflicting and confusing. I can't make them all work together.

As for the other stuff - My weight is coming off slowly, so changing clothes sizes hasn't been too much of a problem. I don't like waking up stiff from some strength training workouts.

Congratulations to all of you for your weight loss!
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »

My grandfather is like this. He also tells me I look like long dead aunts who were chain-smoking, skinny spinsters. Not real charming LOL

Seltzermint - that's terrible! Sorry!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I hate anything.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Giving up sugar & all the other things I love. Can't ever stick to it :\
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    ^ You don't HAVE to, just fit it within calories..
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Have to actively and consciously think about it every minute of every day. It's work all. the. time. Don't get me wrong, it's well worth it, but sometimes the conscious effort gets exhausting.

Totally. Can't just eat and drink whatever when hanging out with friends unless I make it a cheat day. :-(
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The girls.... are getting smaller and not happy about that :s so I am working on the pecs underneath however I haven't seen it affect it much... sad to say
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There are a few things I dislike:
    1. My belly is now noticeably bigger after a meal (the fat used to hide that I guess).
    2. I'm always cold.
    3. My bonier knees are uncomfortable when I lay down at night - need to change from foetal position.

None of them are a big enough reason to stop though!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Inconsistency. As in you do something that SHOULD produce a 1lbs a week result according to the numbers but doesn't. You get .9lbs one week, .7 the next, 1.1 the next, etc. Then you stop losing randomly even though you changed nothing from the previous week when you lost 1.1 lbs. Oh, your body adapted. You need to eat more to lose. Huh? Makes total sense. Then you do that and you gain. Oh, you're not in a deficit. OK. Sooooo I was in a deficit. Then I wasn't. Then I really wasn't because eat more to lose weight is bull.

Hahahaha this! :p

• redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My mother, who also swears up and down she is trying to lose weight so she can have a certain surgery saying "Are you sure you want to eat XYZ" or "that many" or "that won't help you at all" as she sits eating an entire bag of Tostitos chips in one sitting

*end vent/harp on my mother who really is trying her best as much as I am. *sigh* :P