Replies

• ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm posting again to see if my ticker shows up! :D
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like stuff like this. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. The Starbuck's is reaching a little or perhaps they should have picked a better sampling for their example. I have no doubt Starbucks has some high call stuff but really who has 3 different drinks in one meal? If I have two one is a water. Subway's well all I can say about that one is if you eat all that and don't realize you're being ridiculous you need to educate yourself.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Here is another nice light snack

DISH: One-pound fajita meal with grilled chicken

RESTAURANT: Lone Star Texas Grill

PRICE: $38.99

Total Weight: 1,782 grams

Calories: 3,083

Fat: 89 grams

Sodium: 6,772 mg

Protein: 155 grams

Carbohydrates: 419 grams
  • GingerValkyrie
    GingerValkyrie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where are they getting 80 calories for toast and jam? An average slice of bread alone has 80-100 calories.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I had no idea starbucks had food. I am too sheltered. I never heard of some of those places, that makes me sad.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    this article made me curious, so i checked and if i just eat 30 chicken mcnuggets a day i will stay under my calorie goal. new diet plan??
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LAWL @ "Subway and Starbucks have reputations as healthier choices for fast food"...um according to WHOM, exactly?? That's hilarious.

Yeah, the Starbuck latte is not real coffee, but a milkshake, and can easily go over 400 cals. Subway is not really as low cal as thought either.

Are you thinking of the frappucinos? The lattes are just milk of choice and espresso. (The calorie counts can sky rocket by the other stuff added, depending on what type you get.)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Here is another nice light snack

DISH: One-pound fajita meal with grilled chicken

RESTAURANT: Lone Star Texas Grill

PRICE: $38.99

Total Weight: 1,782 grams

Calories: 3,083

Fat: 89 grams

Sodium: 6,772 mg

Protein: 155 grams

Carbohydrates: 419 grams

SOLD! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Dang, now I'm hungry.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maitria wrote: »
    LAWL @ "Subway and Starbucks have reputations as healthier choices for fast food"...um according to WHOM, exactly?? That's hilarious.

Yeah, the Starbuck latte is not real coffee, but a milkshake, and can easily go over 400 cals. Subway is not really as low cal as thought either.

Are you thinking of the frappucinos? The lattes are just milk of choice and espresso. (The calorie counts can sky rocket by the other stuff added, depending on what type you get.)

Lattes are hot milkshakes with only enough coffee to avoid label fraud. ;)

For the record I drink cappacino.
  • Babeskeez_
    Babeskeez_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    some of these comments make me so sad. how desperate do you have to be to lose weight where you wouldnt touch any of these things because of the calorie content. Eat less. Thats about it. Eat according to your TDEE. Period. No need to sacrifice things you love in order to do it.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Where are they getting 80 calories for toast and jam? An average slice of bread alone has 80-100 calories.

I was thinking the same. Then I was thinking, who has a single piece of toast for breakfast?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    some of these comments make me so sad. how desperate do you have to be to lose weight where you wouldnt touch any of these things because of the calorie content. Eat less. Thats about it. Eat according to your TDEE. Period. No need to sacrifice things you love in order to do it.

many of the things are foods i strongly dislike. ew mayo is disgusting. also have no desire for shakes and was never into starbucks froofy drinks and only had regular coffee at starbucks. anything mcdonalds makes me physically feel gross and I've always hated burger king. true, i gave up soda back when i liked it, but now i don't miss it at all, so why go back to it?
  • The_Fitness_Foodie
    The_Fitness_Foodie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well the McDonald's meal wouldn't come to 2000 calories here in the UK, possible about 1600, but not 2000.... I can't comment on USA portions of course....

xXx
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Third thread about this article and no one else is claiming iHop? I call dibs then.
    ndwildbill wrote: »
    I'm posting again to see if my ticker shows up! :D
    You have to copy+paste the code of your ticker into each post. It doesn't show up automatically any longer.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

many of the things are foods i strongly dislike. ew mayo is disgusting. also have no desire for shakes and was never into starbucks froofy drinks and only had regular coffee at starbucks. anything mcdonalds makes me physically feel gross and I've always hated burger king. true, i gave up soda back when i liked it, but now i don't miss it at all, so why go back to it?

I think the key you're missing is this person said you don't have to completely give up things you enjoy. You clearly don't enjoy the things you listed, so it doesn't even make sense here.

• pokegurl
    Options

I think that maybe it would be too tempting for some people on a diet to have this all on one plate. Some people just wouldn't have the self control to just eat 1/3 portion.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same. Then I was thinking, who has a single piece of toast for breakfast?

I thought exactly the same and wondered if maybe bread is cut really thin (or loaves are small) in the US?

I do have a single piece of toast for breakfast somtimes, though!. But it would be a 100 calorie piece of toast, with a bit of nut butter.