Nurses, Brides and those wanting to lose 20 to 25 pounds

Options
Hello!!! I am so excited that My Fitness Pal has a community for us! Looking for gals wanting to lose 1 to 1.5 pounds per week, for a total of 20 to 25 pounds by this summer.
A little about me: I am 40 years young and need to lose about 20 pounds. I am a RN (Pediatrics and also teach Nursing). I am also getting married on 12/20/2015.

Let's take this journey towards healthy weight loss now.

Replies

• sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose about 25lbs by this summer ..i am on the opposite side of you, im the one doing all the learning, currently in my clinical portion of nursing school and ive gained 20lbs since starting last spring STReSS EATING
  • breathe11
    breathe11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married May 1st , 2015. Would love to lose 20 or close to it. I'm 5'6 and weigh 165. My problem is staying on track. I'll support you if you support me lol.
  • rimfree
    rimfree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a student hoping to get a medical career in the future :) but school has got me stress eating like crazy. I would love to lose 20-25 lbs by summer. Currently at 155, and I'm 20 years old :)
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    sls2072 wrote: »
    I am looking to lose about 25lbs by this summer ..i am on the opposite side of you, im the one doing all the learning, currently in my clinical portion of nursing school and ive gained 20lbs since starting last spring STReSS EATING
    *** It is an awesome career!! the best thing you can do is be purposeful about your eating. I find that tracking RIGHT AWAY helps me stay accountable. Prepping your meals will be super important too. WELCOME!!!
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    breathe11 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm getting married May 1st , 2015. Would love to lose 20 or close to it. I'm 5'6 and weigh 165. My problem is staying on track. I'll support you if you support me lol.

Hello!!!! I am ABSOLUTELY on board for supporting you!!! Congratulations!!! let's keep tracking. what is your weakness when it comes to staying on track?
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    rimfree wrote: »
    Hey! I'm a student hoping to get a medical career in the future :) but school has got me stress eating like crazy. I would love to lose 20-25 lbs by summer. Currently at 155, and I'm 20 years old :)

I know all about the stress eating. in or out of school I find it very difficult to stay on track but after years of fad diets I have discovered it is just better to plan, plan, plan meals and track right away. I am here for you.
  • LTee83
    LTee83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a nursing student and have gained 25 lbs since starting the program. I also have an upcoming wedding :)
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse and I have at least that much to lose. Feel free to add me. I try to be an encouraging friend.
  • mickeybrook
    mickeybrook Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm turning 27 in March and getting married in October of this year. I want to lose 10-15 pounds before my bacherlorette party in Vegas this summer <3 . Looking forward to making mfp friends!
  • 1healthyme1
    1healthyme1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I am a nurse (peds too!), but far from a bride. Been married 11 years :) But would love to fit back in my wedding dress on my anniversary in october! I need to lose about 40 lbs, looking to lose 25 by summer. Feel free to add me--I have been on MFP for a while but just now starting to add friends/accountability partners.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    getting married in May =))
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    getting married in May =))

Yay!!!! congratulations!!!
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    Hi! So I am a nurse (peds too!), but far from a bride. Been married 11 years :) But would love to fit back in my wedding dress on my anniversary in october! I need to lose about 40 lbs, looking to lose 25 by summer. Feel free to add me--I have been on MFP for a while but just now starting to add friends/accountability partners.

oh that is awesome! I am in ambulatory care and it is sooooo draining. you will definitely have accountability with me! I carry this phone everywhere!!
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm turning 27 in March and getting married in October of this year. I want to lose 10-15 pounds before my bacherlorette party in Vegas this summer <3 . Looking forward to making mfp friends!

thank you for joining us! I am still trying to get used to the community replying so it is taking me a while. I just downloaded the app "Pact" and boy.... it is certainly keeping me on track too.
    your plans sound like so much fun. where do you live?
  • lareinamora18
    Options
    LTee83 wrote: »
    Hey all! I'm a nursing student and have gained 25 lbs since starting the program. I also have an upcoming wedding :)
    what a great career choice you have picked. what concentration in nursing would you like to pursue? when is your wedding? feel free to add me

• mickeybrook
    mickeybrook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!

thank you for joining us! I am still trying to get used to the community replying so it is taking me a while. I just downloaded the app "Pact" and boy.... it is certainly keeping me on track too.
    your plans sound like so much fun. where do you live?

Haha, I'm in New York right now. I'm also trying to get used to the formatting of this website~the app makes it impossible to add or like statuses! I'm on the website now, but is anyone else having this issue? Maybe I should try reinstalling...
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in October and am looking to lose at least 15 pounds and will re-evaluate then. I'm not a nurse but have a super stressful job with lots of travel and desk sitting involved. Feel free to add - I log daily!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Im not a nurse, nor engaged, but i do wear incredibly large sunglasses on a daily basis, so we have SOMETHING in common, can i be part of your club?
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and trying to lose for my daughter's wedding in June. I am wanting to get that last 20ish lbs off.
  • Nutn899
    Nutn899 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, and not even close to being a bride, but I would like to lose 20-25 lbs. I've already lost 30 and I'm keeping myself accountable by logging in my calories daily, feel free to add me too