Kind of feel like crying

Options
2»

Replies

• HQuinn96
    HQuinn96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I always lose a good number the first week, because of decreasing the bloat. Now that I'm in week 2, I know that it will be slower. I ALWAYS give up during weeks 2-3 because I'm not seeing the numbers I want. I've lost 40 lbs in the past (gained back 20) and I still have that weight tracker so I can remind myself that even if I went up one week, as long as I am sticking with my plan, it will go back down! Take measurements and check them monthly - you will see the changes there! I have another trick - I have a piece of clothing that doesn't fit, and I try it on every week. You will notice you're getting closer every week - even if the scale looks like you aren't! You didn't gain it in a week, and it won't come off in a week! Take it slow, and it will last! Good luck!

Thank you!! That makes it seem like it will get easier
  • GeorgieKay2013
    GeorgieKay2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My Advice is get a personal trainer who can develop you a food plan and exercise plan in conjunction. You will have to pay for that but look at it as an investment in your self. If you really want to loose weight you should be ready to try anything.

Just trying to make good decisions based on your common sense is not a good idea . You need a complete package tailored to you with someone with knowledge on the subject. You don't have that knowledge so you have to pay for it. Or you can just start buying books and start education yourself and dig deep.

But you need to have the food and the exercise right then you will start seeing result.

Now with this being said the time frame to improve your weight and health --you should aim for is at least a year and a half. Don't look at short term results.

Create new habits make it a lifestyle. Beeing fit and looking great is not just one single shot for your Facebook profile and a night out on Friday where you were just about to fit your dress. It is a way of life.
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know it's a cliche, but it took a long time for the weight go on, so it will take a long time for the weight to come off. But it will come off, just not all at once. IMHO either weigh every day (so you can see how your weight fluctuates from one day to the next, because of salt, sugar, TOM, waste etc), or weigh once a month or less, so you see numbers going down.

I weigh every day and see a difference of up to 5 lbs a day, but I know eventually that lowest number will go even lower, it's just a matter of waiting. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes it takes weeks, but if you are being honest with yourself and logging accurately, then you will lose.

Don't forget, with fluctuations even if you are set to lose 2lbs a week, the other variables could mask that loss for 3 weeks, or even more.

You'll get there, just keep going, before you know it you will be a year down and will have lost loads :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    darlin don't cry! It might be as simple as having your own little jiminy cricket!!

If you don't have a background in health and fitness and you go in trying to do this all on your own with limited knowledge, it could feel like you're just running back and forth on the field and never scoring.

But if you adopt a program (adopt it. own it, love it, brag about it, decorate your walls with it) then you'll find that it will naturally lead your forward!

trust me! we all need a little help in the beginning and no one expects you to understand how to move yourself forward from the very beginning.

we all learn by reading and using trial and error.

Go forth and conquer :flowerforyou:
  • HQuinn96
    Options
    jenanon1 wrote: »
    I know it's a cliche, but it took a long time for the weight go on, so it will take a long time for the weight to come off. But it will come off, just not all at once. IMHO either weigh every day (so you can see how your weight fluctuates from one day to the next, because of salt, sugar, TOM, waste etc), or weigh once a month or less, so you see numbers going down.

I weigh every day and see a difference of up to 5 lbs a day, but I know eventually that lowest number will go even lower, it's just a matter of waiting. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes it takes weeks, but if you are being honest with yourself and logging accurately, then you will lose.

Don't forget, with fluctuations even if you are set to lose 2lbs a week, the other variables could mask that loss for 3 weeks, or even more.

You'll get there, just keep going, before you know it you will be a year down and will have lost loads :)

Thank you it just gets hard sometimes!!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil. After a few times of having my self-esteem for the day shattered, I decided that I was only going to step on it once a week at most. It's MUCH less depressing, and gives a better over-all picture of my weight trend.
  • HQuinn96
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    darlin don't cry! It might be as simple as having your own little jiminy cricket!!

If you don't have a background in health and fitness and you go in trying to do this all on your own with limited knowledge, it could feel like you're just running back and forth on the field and never scoring.

But if you adopt a program (adopt it. own it, love it, brag about it, decorate your walls with it) then you'll find that it will naturally lead your forward!

trust me! we all need a little help in the beginning and no one expects you to understand how to move yourself forward from the very beginning.

we all learn by reading and using trial and error.

Go forth and conquer :flowerforyou:
    Thank you definitely needed that push!!!