What do you dip your raw veggies in?

Options

Replies

• kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    i use nothing... or honey mustard... or vinegar with pepper and garlic... but i'm really learning to love my veggies plain.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    hummus, peanut butter, salsa !!!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    or hummus too yum... or salsa... or you can make a fat free ranch at home... get the packets... use ff mayo & skim milk...
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I got nothing...Reminds me to eat more raw veggies!
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    Hummus. It great on everything. Try it with green apples.
  • cestelyse
    cestelyse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hummus! There's so many different flavors that you can buy, or you can always make your own. Another easy veggie dip recipe is:

1 1/2 cups yogurt
    1-2 tsp curry powder
    1 tsp dill
    Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I'm another vote for hummus ..... but I have the reverse problem, I love hummus AND salsa (salsa especially is so low in calories) but I don't know what to dip in them! I'm not a big lover of raw vegetables - love them cooked but wouldn't choose to eat them raw!
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    try plain greek yogurt with onion powder, garlic powder, and a little seasoning salt mixed in, AWESOME!

Greek yogurt is a good choice...my sister made some Tatziki last night....

1 cups Greek Yogurt
    1 T lemon juice
    2 garlic clove, chopped
    1 medium cucumbers, shredded
    about 1 T kosher salt for salting cucumbers
    1 T finely chopped fresh dill or dried to your tasting

Shred cucumbers and put it in a colander, sprinkle on salt, and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. You can squeeze out excess water as well after.

Strain greek yogurt to get rid of excess water if any. Add strained cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and a few grinds of black pepper.Mix it until well blended. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend.
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogert grated cucumber and a little garlic salt. Yummy like Gyro sauce!
  • susiederkins78
    Options
    The powdered ranch mix is the best! I buy the big bottles at Sam's club. It's great in yogurt or fat free sour cream.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    definitely hummus
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    Non fat sour cream with Hidden Valley Ranch dip packet, it is soooooooo yummy!! Or Laughing Cow. :happy:

5534871.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt mixed with dill weed spice and or garlic powder
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ahh- Full of spice beat me.

There is also laughing cow cheese...salsa for some...baba ghanoju (mutabal) -it's mushed up eggplant....umm...

yes! my new obsession is 35 cal wedges of laughing cow cheese! spreadable and DELISH! and they have three awesome flavors! i am enjoy the chipotle a lot :)
  • coachgaines
    Options
    If you mix 1lb greek yogurt with 1 packet of ranch dressing it is much better for you than regular ranch dressing. And it tastes fantastic! Weight Watchers promotes it.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like to mix plain non-fat greek yogurt with any of the Mrs. Dash seasonings to make a variety of dips. For Cinco de Mayo today, instead of chips and salsa, I brought a veggie tray to work and for my dip, I used greek yogurt mixed with the Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning. Everyone is loving it!! You can use the Mrs. Dash to taste. The Chipotle seasoning has a bit of a kick, so it is great!!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    ...my mouth...:laugh:

Seriously though, also a big fan of hummus, peanut butter, or salsa. But as I was reading through these, it got me thinking about greek yogurt with salsa??? That could be tasty!
  • meandpooh95
    meandpooh95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hummas and Laughing cow cheese are my faves.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad (homemade and low cals/sodium)
    Avocado
    Chili powder and lemon juice
    Hummus
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Taziki sauce is also quite good reek yogurt cucumber and lime yummy!!!

Super yummy!!!