Just Another Lengthy "I lost 100 pounds!" Post

Options

Replies

• ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it is inspiring for me and I want to say, congratulations to you!
  • sjack44
    sjack44 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post but I had to this time. You are amazing, well done!
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Job well done! Job well done sticking to it when you were not losing. That is very impressive.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...thank you for sharing
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sjack44 wrote: »
    I don't usually post but I had to this time. You are amazing, well done!

Well thank you!
  • freshstart
    freshstart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cmfruin2012
    Options
    kimr41 wrote: »
    Job well done! Job well done sticking to it when you were not losing. That is very impressive.

Thanks!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! I'll drop confetti for you! You look so much younger and your skin is glowing! I bet you feel great dropping the weight and cholesterol medicine! An added bonus yay! I am also so happy to see you have a realistic weight healthy goal for your body....I have 50 pounds to lose, which is a lot to me, and would gladly call you a friend! Healthy is my overall goal, by making nutritious and healthy food choices and increasing my activity.
  • vicky24in
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful. Keep up the great work and I hope to do as well.
  • becks2089
    becks2089 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Great work.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I must chime in here because I've known the OP for a long time now. She is a rock star! Determined, tenacious, and gracious....and unstoppable. She knows what she needs to do and she does it, quietly, with no complaining, and she does it day in and day out.

What impressed me the most about the OP is how she handled her very long and painful plateau. She kept at it for a long time but when it was clear that what had been working no longer worked, she changed course. She didn't simply "trust the process" when it was clear the process didn't deserve her trust. No, she regrouped, and enlisted the advice of professionals. Sometimes an on-line tool, even a great one like MFP, isn't enough to achieve our goals. And with her new team in place and a new game plan, the weightloss resumed.

C, there are just no words for how I feel about you....indescribably proud! Without hesitation, I KNOW you will reach your goals....its as bankable to me as the sun shining. And I feel honored to be along for the ride and a witness to your amazing transformation.

Love you!
  • cmfruin2012
    Options
    C, there are just no words for how I feel about you....indescribably proud! Without hesitation, I KNOW you will reach your goals....its as bankable to me as the sun shining. And I feel honored to be along for the ride and a witness to your amazing transformation.

Love you!

D - I cannot express how much your support had meant to me. You supported me even when I had to shut down for a while. Your kind and encouraging words, your wisdom and your honesty, are true gifts.
  • cmfruin2012
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Congrats on your impressive transformation! You're amazing. AND GO GATORS!!

Chomp!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You've lost 100 pounds and gained better health, energy, and a huge smile on your face! Congrats on all the hard work you are doing and consider yourself friended:)
  • rosetta91
    rosetta91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So so proud of you! Your dedication to healthy, gradual, change will help you make these changes permanent - and make us all healthier through your example. Plus, your life style changes will help insure that we can both watch our great grandchildren play while we bark orders from our porch swing at 90!!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I give you so much credit for sticking to your plan during such a long plateau... you have an iron will! :smile: You've made amazing progress and look fantastic... congrats!!
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep up the good work
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    <3o:)
  • shelleygold
    shelleygold Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was so moved by your story. Although I have not lost 100 lbs in one period of time, if I am (and continue to be honest), I have lost hundreds of lbs in my life-time. I am reminded of the joke when the smoker says to the doctor..."I am great at quitting smoking... I have done it dozens of times". So....I am a serial weight looser which brought me to the door-step of MFP. Once I got my head around the fact that I was insulin resistant and my poor, weathered metabolism had become "tired" of the truckloads of insulin required to manage the sugar in my blood, the real possibility of diabetes loomed: to say nothing of the uncomfortable, implicit byproducts of being obese (poor posture, limited physical agility, rapid ageing, terrible self-esteem, depressed thoughts, constant hunger, shame etc).
    Despite the scientists who promulgate the evidence-based knowledge in a number of these forums preaching the simple concept of "calorie deficieny" (eating less then the body needs), I found that what I ate, when I ate and how much I ate was equally if not more important than calorie counting and exercising. I basically nuked sugary foods, pastries, chips, chocolate, fast foods and even diet cokes and pretend healthy foods (macro's etc) and just focused on protein-rich foods:eggs, chicken, lamb, some cheeses and lots of vegetables. I limited fruits, nuts and all starches as well as wheat products (with the exception of the occasional gluten-free slice of bread with heaps of butter). I started cooking with coconut oil only and consumed lots of water (2 to 3 litres a day).
    In three months, I have lost 12 kg (30 lbs approx) which is no where need your success but for me the weight loss has been consistent and honest...and is paving the way to my goal (after all the years of trying and regressing) to my coveted 85 kg dream . I know I can do it this time as I have internalised the process and am not engaging my previous resentful, half-hearted ways. I used to think that I was entitled to eat whatever I wanted. What a strange way of thinking. Food is not an entitlement, it is a necessity and what we get to do as thinking entities is to make choices and distinctions between what we would like to eat and what is good for our bodies. What we think sometimes is not helpful and going with useful information and tried and tested strategies takes our own subjective wants and needs out of the equation. Not easy to do but possible.
    The brain has the capacity to change the way it thinks about food, eating and physical movement in a profound way. However it takes time to entrench new neuropathways in our thought processes. If we don't stick to the changes consistently every day and do what needs to be done like it or not, the "elasticity" of weight gain and loss becomes the reality for so many of us. I guess this is why fad diets are so unhelpful to most individuals.
    Thank you for letting me piggy back my story onto yours. Isn't it wonderful to discover what we are capable of and how we can continue to learn, develop and improve ourselves?? Let's keep thinking and feeling inspiring thoughts and emotions.
    S
  • reesha35
    reesha35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look awesome! You also inspire me to never give up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!