am I doing my diary right?

Options
Hi iv been doing mfp again and was wondering if I'm doing it right? And is there anything I need to change? Or just keep doing and eating like I am. Thank you for any advice

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Hard to say with all the quick-adds. You should get, bare minimum, 1000 calories. Try to come close to the number MFP gives you. I see a lot of 900 calorie days.

As far as your food goes, all you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit.
  • brianalbro1
    brianalbro1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yea quick adds were bc I didn't have time to search for the food so I just put in the calories for it. Whats a caloric deficit? I did lose 9lbs the first week.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Nothing in that log is useful. Quick adds don't allow you to track details and there is no way of ensuring you are close to correct. The generic entries aren't much better. Your exercise entries are greatly inflated.

As a male .. 1500 calories is the minimum ... that is too low for most men. Without knowing your height, weight, and goals it is impossible for anyone here to assess what your intake should be.

Get honest with yourself. Weigh solids, measure liquids, don't trust that a package label based on averages is even close to correct.
  • brianalbro1
    Options
    If you can't go by the package then how do you know how many calories your eating or weighing and how much should you weigh out for things?
  • brianalbro1
    Options
    I'm 5'7 I am now 218 week ago I was 228 and goal right now is 170.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You should be weighing and measuring everything; make time.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Yea quick adds were bc I didn't have time to search for the food so I just put in the calories for it. Whats a caloric deficit? I did lose 9lbs the first week.

You also need the fat, protein, carb, ect content for those items. You want to make sure that you are hitting (and exceeding, since MFP sets it low) your protein goal. If you lose weight quickly through a deficit too huge (like on your 900, 1100, and 1300 calorie days), you're risking losing lean muscle. You won't build muscle in a calorie deficit, but you still want them fueled properly with protein and calories.